What does Any Forums think of oliver cromwell?

what does Any Forums think of oliver cromwell?

Attached: OliverCromwell.jpg (661x781, 82.66K)

A disappointing chud, Britain would have been better off with a liberal Lockian government like the US.

Well, England better said.

John Locke actually formulated his ideas after observing Cromwell's republic

He was partially based because he killed lots of Irish people and Catholics but also did some retarded stuff and was basically the 17th century version of a civic nationalist

Yeah, but he had very obvious precursors like John Owen.

retard
England will perish as punishment for it's crimes against the Catholic Church and it's involvement with zionism

>Catholics le bad because... Yes!

Attached: soyjak poo.png (503x505, 78.29K)

You posted this yesterday. I saged it then, and ill do it again

Attached: A89C2B2E-6B74-44B2-95B5-201088FCBF10.png (1029x770, 98.92K)

the only BASED Englishman ever

Cunt

Rent free

I only know him for the tank

I think he's dead along with the commonwealth
No one ever expects the restoration

>>Catholics le bad because
Because the Catholic queen spent 5 years burning Anglicans at the stake, then when we were back to Anglican monarchs they sent foreigners to Britain to assassinate them, all while pulling various shenanigans to fuck about with our Protestant allies on the Continent like Frederick of the Palatinate. Hell, the whole catalyst for the English Reformation was the Pope showing blatant political favouritism towards you fuckers even in violation of scripture and accepted doctrine. It shouldn't be hard for you to understand.

It's a shame he didnt slaughter every last one of you catholic scum.

Attached: fc2.jpg (1020x746, 305.87K)

Roman Catholicism was pointless for England. We were greater than the Papacy and didn’t need to fall under it, or do its bidding. Cromwell put them to the sword and they deserved it. He did some very stupid things, but vanquishing popery was possibly the greatest thing that ever happened to this country and the world

We wouldn’t be speaking to each other in English if it wasn’t for Cromwell

Well, didn't know that.

I like the idea of a national church that's only for one people, like Anglicanism, or like Autocephalous churches in Orthodoxy are, but unfortunately the Anglican Church fucking sucks, and has never really done much for Britain, to my knowledge. So burning Anglicans is kinda based.

It isn’t that Catholicism is bad (it has its place in certain countries and in Latin countries it’s entirely natural), it’s just that we never really gelled with it. It was corrupt and immoral and a massive anchor for England. Cromwell was our Franco - he identified the rot and the outside influences and removed it

I have no qualm with the people of Spain or Italy or Croatia or Austria or wherever being Catholic as it suits them and works for them, but it never fit with England or English people. It was as foreign to us as Communism was to you or the Soviet Union was to the Poles. It’s the same reason King Billy is so well thought of in parts of the UK - the alternative was far worse and he delivered what was needed

>Cromwell was our Franco
Very bad example.

>and has never really done much for Britain
It did exactly what it was meant to do for centuries; big central pillar for local communities to orbit around with lots of continuity and tradition to keep people grounded. But Britain got absolutely mentally raped by the various events from like 1880 to 1956, and it's tough for the average Bonglander to believe in any loving God living in this grim shithole, so the church can't do its job any more and its cultural influence has all but vanished at this point

Regicidal religious fanatic.
Kings get to be assholes and you dont get to kill them.

As long as old women exist, the Anglican church will exist.

>Because the Catholic queen spent 5 years burning Anglicans at the stake
based queen, obviously she didn t burned enough, that s why today you are a paki colony

As if some shitskin would know anything about geopolitics