Metric society and its future

The metric system and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. I hate this gay communist system where I can't divide most numbers by 3, 4, 6, or 12. America please invade every English speaking country and smack some sense into us

Attached: Volles_Pint-Glas.jpg (800x1077, 66.36K)

Why do you want to divide by 3 4 6 12? Besides, you can divide any number by any number.

u know what i mean
1/12 of a foot is an inch, 1/12 of a metre is, errr, mmmmm, 8.333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333(etc) centimetres
I mean dude, getting a third is one of the most common divisions you will do in your life, but it's not always easy in base 10

How many feet in 13.5 inches?
How many meters in 13.5 cm?

Conversions are easier

they're both good systems, they both have their uses. If ever you need a calculator that's the ideal time to use the metric system, but for daily use imperial units are better

I cannot refute those quads. you win.

ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
This is truly a based thread

the metric system is great, for a population of double digit iq retards. it's easier for mentally challenged people to only have to learn one single unit of measurement, since kilometer, centimeter, etc are all just fractions or multiples of the base unit, the meter. using the same unit to measure the distance between planets, how far it is to the nearest doner kebap stand, and how long your dick is makes life very simple for the simple-minded. not everyone can learn multiple different measurement systems each geared for different scales and selectively apply them based on the given situation. something like that takes an innate level of critical thinking which non-americans sadly just don't have the capacity for.

>the metric system is great, for a population of double digit iq retards
So why is it not used in america?

extremely based post

>I hate this gay communist system where I can't divide most numbers by 3, 4, 6, or 12

i ... i dont know how to tell you this kiwi but systems to measure things have no bearing on division. its like your asking for the tv rating system to be changed so you can do long division

>not everyone can learn multiple different measurement systems each geared for different scales and selectively apply them based on the given situation.

But they're used in the same situations in different countries. That's why it is dangerous to not have a standard unit of measurement. There is **NO** reason to justify America's stubborn refusal to adopt metric.

finish reading my post where i explain just that. see, in america we have no problem with numeric systems not in base 10. if you say something is 3 1/2 feet long, i understand that a foot is effectively in base 12 and instantly know that this equals 3 feet 6 inches, or 42 inches. i can switch between units with a different radix without even thinking, it is just how our brains are wired, something non-americans wouldn't even be able to begin to comprehend.

1/6 of a metre is 16.6666666..cm
1/6 of a yard (basically a metre) is 6 inches
Much easier to factorise in base 12, and certainly you'll be doing a lot of trisecting of measurements throughout your life

>mars climate orbiter

if your tiny little canadian brain yearns to use but a single unit of measurement for everything in your life, you can simply pick one american unit and stick with it. just replace 'meter' with 'yard'. everything for you can be in yards, kiloyards, centiyards, etc. there, i have just used my superior american intellect to solve your problem for you with zero effort.

why would you want to convert 1/6 meters into cm?

>getting a third is one of the most common divisions you will do in your life
only for those "12 is life" burgers.
In metric countries - aka nearly the whole world except some retarded regions - 1/4 and 1/2 are the most used divisions.
USA probably prefers 1/3 because of their 1/3 latino, 1/3 black and 1/3 white population

i might need a sixth of a metre

Sumerians knew what was up with their base 60 system.
Probably taught to them by some big brained aliens.

Attached: eridu.jpeg.jpg (282x179, 14.08K)

I've never needed a sixth of anything...
1/4, 1/2, 3/4 is everything encounter in daily life
non-metrics need 1/3 and 1/6 because they are basing their measurements on 12 and can't adapt to a more logical system.
I wonder why britbongs managed to get away from the good ol' "6 shillings and 2 farthings" system when it was so "logical"

1 and 3/24ths

AAHHHHH CHECK THOSE GET FUCKED EUROFAGS

>when you base your measurements in 12, you need to divide things by 3 and 6 because you can't easily divide them by 2 or 4

Attached: 1654829033911.gif (267x242, 1.67M)

>Be America
>Defeat Nazis with glorious Imperial system
>Want to land on Moon
>Kidnap Nazis who use the metric system to land on Moon for you
IMPERIAL MASTERRACE

Attached: 1605521302994.jpg (750x755, 88.03K)

sure.. we all know that everything has to be bigger to be better in the USA
3 > 2
6 > 4

its common in baking or woodwork to visually split things by 2 or 3. Split the dough in half then split into 3rds, you now have 6 small loaves instead of one big one.

I'm fine with most metric shit but please, please fucking give us KCals as the standard for food energy. KJ is the worst shit to deal with ever.

> I can't divide most numbers by 3, 4, 6, or 12.
holy shit, kek, truely a descendant of Prisoners right there

Attached: ruckus.jpg (263x192, 5.13K)

This. No one who does any real amount of construction can use metric.

both systems serve their purpose. they can both exist at the same time just like they have been. low IQ faggots have hard time juggling both. we should exterminate low IQs so that we dont hear this constant bitching about mundane and irrelevant shit like this

3 and 4 is all you needed to say. 6 and 12 is a given if you have 3 and 4.

Half, quarter, 8th, and 16th are all you need for anything common. 32nd a 64th maybe for finish work and unless you're a millwright or rebuilding an engine you will never need thousandths or tenthousandth. Beyond that you have extremely sensitive scientific equipment for whatever those nerds are doing.etric is gay

it's common in NON METRIC countries
nobody needs it in metric countries
but of course non-metricals are to dumb to understand that.

>Metric system is based on physics and universal units that come from the laws of physics.
>Imperial units come from "It looks like ehhh...
About the length of ma foot"
>Americans say that their system is high IQ
How can you make the connection?

Attached: 1645617427410.jpg (225x225, 5.9K)

needs what? division?