How will gaming affect our society now that there are generations of gamers?

How will gaming affect our society now that there are generations of gamers?

Attached: Gamercat.png (800x999, 577.73K)

parents will force their children to play Dig-Dug for 8 hours a day

VR/AR gaming will mindrape Gen Alpha and portions of Gen Z, they'll be completely unrelatable to the rest of society

When my kid starts to learn about video games I'll give him 1hr a day to play
3hrs on weekends after 5pm
He loses that hour if he dosen't do his homework/chores
>is that a ok compromise

Mine tried to limit it and I still turned out like this so no it doesn't work.
I spent all the time they weren't around playing video games.
Like if they ever went anywhere and left me home literally the entire time they were gone I would play.
I'd tear myself away long enough to microwave something and piss and that's it.

You can never go back to the purity of playing Duck Hunt on NES.

>playing minecraft on a console
Hate bedrockfags

Don't limit the time for any recreation.
Just set the caveat that they can only do indoor activities after doing their chores and homework.
Every kid is different and has different interests.
There's nothing wrong with being a turbo-nerd that plays a ton of videogames, the key is teaching them to prioritize their responsibilities and that recreation is only for AFTER you do what you HAVE to do.

this only works if you actually try as a parent and make their lives fulfilling enough to where they won't want to play them. but you're probably just going to be another lazy faggot and they'll hate you.

I think Mom's hack was playing any game in her underwear and getting you simps to pay her.

I already have 8 sons who are full time gold farmers.

Attached: 19DA3070-29B2-425D-9D17-60BF68735A3B.jpg (543x640, 77.86K)

Pokemon Go(y) was one of many attempts to force everyone to leave their homes, but:

NES-Playstation era games had a lot of reading involved, especially for RPGs. As a kid I often learned new words from them and had a relatively robust vocabulary compared to my peers. One word in particular I remember learning from EverQuest was "conflagration." Games often had arcane design and even instruction manuals only offered cryptic hints as to how they were meant to be played. This resulted in a lot of frustration but also the ability to learn through trial and error.
While some modern games have these properties I think the vast majority of games that are popular with kids now require little to no reading (due to the advent of voice acting) and the standardization of genre conventions - even simple stuff like WASD movement - has greatly reduced the amount of vocabulary and problem-solving skill you pick up by playing games.

Attached: DNFD_Ghostblade_4S.png (1448x1440, 1.03M)

I like her comics

I don't really care about Pokemon and I never played Pokemon Go, but I think it was a great idea. It was a really good attempt to open up the society that started to isolate itself more and more by people burying themselves into their phones.

I learned english thanks to RPGs, i do not recommend it as a learning method but it's a great tool.

Games haven't been good since 2006 (generous estimate)

Fyi only female cats have 3 colors

> gamer girl
> somehow cute
> with children
does not exists OP, please wake up

Are those comics based on her real life? She'd have to be pretty old now to have grown up with an NES, like pushing 50. That means she had that kid in her late 30s. What are the odds her kids are autistic?

Attached: 1522707602679.jpg (639x480, 31.59K)

Based inflation fetish game

listen to the other anons, dont try to limit it. my parents did everything in their power to stop me playing/liking vidya to the point of me building an entire complex around 'not liking vidya or anything nerdy' very early on, only to still play vidya whenver i could by myself secretly while at the same time being ashamed of my passion.

now i live on the other side of the world and i speak to my parents a couple times a month. i sense their sadness when we talk sometimes but the more physically and mentally i am away from them the better i can function as an independent adult.

just make sure your kids are spoilt entitled shits, do not fucken micromanage them or they will grow to resent you.

Attached: image-3.470522.81294.20200507103744.1.jpg (1920x1001, 209.35K)

its also very rare for a female cat to be orange. had one was cute as hell.