So how are you fags coping with Recession 2022

because streamers are going to be BTFO: archive.is/9dSbJ

Attached: 4.png (1676x1327, 336.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MLozada/status/1539297133114712065
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Khairi Harris, who goes by the handle “KDotDaGawd” on Twitch, is hanging onto his career as a full-time streamer by a thread. Last month he found himself scanning the classifieds for a part-time job to help make ends meet; a last-second promotional contract with a PC hardware company kept his finances from flatlining. For now, at least, he can pay his bills. But that’s all.

>“I still have to figure out where my next meal comes from, how I’ll put gas in my car and other necessities,” Harris told The Washington Post.

image related: twitter.com/MLozada/status/1539297133114712065

Attached: 4.png (835x749, 71.13K)

Streamers shouldn't expect to be able to live off streaming. People are already giving them way too much money. Like $1 per month per viewer is probably a reasonable amount. Because if I'm watching 30 different streamers a month or so then that's $30 per month which is about what you'd pay for cable tv and on cable tv you get way more content

I work in the trades.

not my problem.
im homeless.

Attached: A898B7EF-EEF7-44BF-811E-DAB6E077DDBC.jpg (960x960, 220.96K)

I hope everyone who makes their living from streaming/YouTube is forced into manual labor for the rest of their lives.

Work in a charity that deals with poverty. Business is booming.

yes but doesn't all the resources and man power go directly to retarded nogs?

When it comes to all these stars, here's what I'm willing to pay:

>$2.50 per month for youtube premium and youtube music premium (Use an Indian VPN)
>My one free prime subscription, simply because I'd rather it go in some streamer's pocket than Bezos's.

That's it, I'm not paying more, AND, I'd like to add, that I'm only paying for youtube due to 2020's political ads nonstop. To make up for this, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, I have an old elitebook playing 32 tabs of my youtube music "liked" list constantly and on a loop, or about 7680 hours of music per month, just so I know that they will lose money on me. Hope it was worth the ad money!

No, they are too stupid to fill out the forms and complain on facebook lol.

I hope they all end up having to get real jobs. Fuck streamers and “content creators”

Over here it's 50% single mothers, 50% people with disabilities. My local food bank, run from a church, sees a lot of people with Downs syndrome, autism, multiple sclerosis, cancer... it's fucking horrific.

Crackheads, thots and dinghy doctors get every support in the world thrown at them while the genuinely sick and needy are struggling to afford the energy to power their oxygen tanks and wheelchairs.

Literally never subbed and when ever I’m bored and watch a stream to check out a video game or some tournaments I use adblocker

Do note that Twitch gets 50% of every sub and donation. It's the streamers that have sponsors who are doing well.

2 things that I can see happening to Twitch;

>Because Twitch is cutting corners by switching to P2P for streaming and paying DOGSHIT contracts to partners, even the richest ones might end up losing a shitload of money over time
-Amazon is already pissed at Twitch for fucking around with copyright and music, and the site has not been profitable for 10+ years, so this will make them even more angry
-Less and less people are using Amazon Prime subscriptions because costs are rising so high, like 43% increase in Europe and soon USA will have a 50% hike too. Less amazon prime means less twitch prime gaming subs, which every top streamer relies for income
-Because of said recession/depression and inflation fucking everything up, Amazon may have to cut corners themselves and either sell Twitch off to a biddder like Tencent or just kill the platform off no fucks given

Just the way I see it.

Attached: 1653647488121.jpg (288x266, 29.6K)

Just get an adblocker

>Streamers
There's your problem, the very nature of streamers means that it will forever be a niche job that only a tiny percentage of the population can ever live off
Going by the article of the top 10,000 highest paid streamers 25% of those don't even make minimum wage.
>Have to occupy people's time doing gameplay or something
>Most people will not donate
>Most of them that do donate will only give like a buck
>Depend on a few whales
>Have to occupy hundreds, probably thousands of people to get a decent amount of money. You have to have a stream up and be taking up thousands of people's time and attention just to get a tiny amount of money
Still seems like a ridiculously easy job for most of them and I'm not a strong enough attention whore to do it, but the very nature of it is disgusting. Go watch youtube videos or something, those are more interesting. Don't sit for 10 hours watching some streamer so you can get some tiny clip of content, fucking weirdo. People who watch streamers often are mentally ill.
>And on cable TV you get way more content
Yeah, and on youtube you get the same amount of content but for free, and with the internet you can pirate 99% of what's out there for free. They simply cannot compete.
I can respect some youtubers who just make videos because they like them like jason from dead rabbit radio, some of the guys that just build things without going into zoomshit and clickbait. So many people create this "content" as a job and not because they want to make something good. If they can't make it they should find a real job, simple as.

Attached: 1651053350143.jpg (677x680, 82.21K)

pretty fun ways you've come up with to jew jewgle, nice work

Attached: 1659134909114343.jpg (1234x1161, 317.74K)

Perhaps, however I would argue that even sponsors will be hurting for money. A lot of the ones that do Twitch are shit like chipotle, corsair, mcdonalds, etc. and they have already complained about losing customers from recession.

If NPCs can't even afford to buy anything from those companies, then sponsors will have to dip somewhere else that will give them more exposure.

I have one. Doesn't matter when you're required to use a Roku at work, unless you know something I don't.

the money laundering scams are being uncovered.

you realize alot of those people are listening because its the only positive human interaction they get right? its part of the industry of loneliness and misery

Don't forget that a lot of that discretionary spending from normies is spent on shit like tips, twitch bits, and twitch prime gaming subs.

It is going to reach a point that not even the whales and simps can afford to do that shit anymore and even the richest streamers will have a giant dent in their income. Amazon is raising the price of their prime subscriptions and that could mean less prime subs for streamers.

Go on to any twitch stats site and you will see guys like XQC, Ibai, Aden Ross etc. and can tell over 50% of what they make are prime gaming subs, which are tied to Amazon prime. Guess what will happen when people start cancelling and using prime less over time? Yeah.

>Because of said recession/depression and inflation fucking everything up, Amazon may have to cut corners themselves and either sell Twitch
Amazon can afford to keep Twitch running for a loss for some time I think m8.

Yeah and a lot of them have fairly supportive family members and could also idk, go do something else. Of all the things I've seen streaming, and especially speedrunning, seems like the worst way to spend any of my time, I would rather just be asleep.
You could take my post and change all of it to be about speedrunning and it would be more sound, I hate speedrunners more than any streamers and if they do both they should be executed.

>Twitch streamers feeling the heat
Good. Let that entire platform burn.

Yeah, they could also have some "profitability requirement" for streamers where you have to actually bring in profit for them at a certain time, they could probably find some other cost-saving measures too. There are plenty of ways to change it to make it more profitable.

This always made me wonder how streamer's gonna support themselves in their middle-aged years with no marketable skills. Do they think kids are still gonna watch and donate to their streams when they're 50 years old? How the hell will OF/Twitch girls still make a living when they hit the wall? Hope that they marry a well-off sucker before hand?

They already have that, I think. You need to meet certain requirements in order to qualify for partnership.

Amazon doesn't really care for Twitch. Twitch is supposed to be the one to make money for Amazon, not the other way around.

They only kept twitch around for their source code, which they use for AWS/IVS. Amazon is not going to want to keep them around for much longer if their shitty EPS is anything to go by.

>Amazon doesn't really care for Twitch. Twitch is supposed to be the one to make money for Amazon, not the other way around.
>They only kept twitch around for their source code, which they use for AWS/IVS. Amazon is not going to want to keep them around for much longer if their shitty EPS is anything to go by
Holy shit this. Also the IVS team fucking sucks and has all kinds of internal issues.