Catch 22

One of the greatest 20th century novels, a searing satire on war and the military. Written by Joseph Heller, who flew dozens of daytime missions in bombers - one of the most dangerous things you could do in WW2. A brilliant work of dark humour, despair and ultimately of hope and redemption. Heller was Jewish. Say something nice about him.

Attached: Catch22.jpg (181x279, 14.27K)

pretty good book

Yeah, this one had me in stitches a number of times.
>Everyone has a share

Stupid normie shit.

Thank you for your contribution.

I really did enjoy this book. Points out the absurdities of war and military life.

I was assigned to read this book in high school but it was boring so I never did. I just looked up the synopsis and bullshitted the essays. I did this for every single book I was assigned in school.

Why do books have to be so boring bros?

Attached: 8B31220C-82EE-4485-A859-F958E0617E7D.jpg (1170x1153, 1.11M)

was my fav for a whie, but found out joseph heller was jewish

Nice family portrait of you and your “brothers” :)

I will add on that some non-fiction books are good.

I just can’t stand reading anything fiction. Why the fuck should I care about something that never happened?
Thank you :)

Do you have aphantasia?

>I just can’t stand reading anything fiction. Why the fuck should I care about something that never happened?
It's based around Heller's own experience. He clearly identifies as Yossarian, and amplifies real life events and personalities to underline the absurdity of war.

Another excellent book of nature (ie. semi-autobiography) is King Rat by James Clavell.

Why would you ask someone if they have a rare brain disorder? You're a wierd guy..

>Rare
It's more common than you think.
Most people don't even have an internal voice.

Yeah it's a good book. One of the funniest books I've ever read and it slowly pulls the rug out from under you rather than just piling on the guilt from the start.

But it’s boring. There was hardly any action, the whole book was mostly just people talking about boring shit. I hate TV and movies like this as well, I wanna see people dying and killing.

No. Id just rather do so many other things than read a lame ass book.

Guess you are just retarded.

I tried reading it back when I felt more patriotic, a couple years before Trump - it's literally a book about Jewish caricatures shirking their military duties and being a drain on the system it was demoralizing and enraging. I got about a 1/3 of the way through it.

>No. Id just rather do so many other things than read a lame ass book.
You could listen to an audiobook while doing something else.

Lmao literal NPC.

You just told is that you never read the book and just read the synopsis, now you tell us it's boring, with no action and just people talking. I think it's probably not the book that is boring, user.