Why does every company want me to install their app?

Why is every single major retailer forcing you to have their app on your phone now? It feels like every single brand with an inch of relevancy wants you to install their app so you can save “money”. Why is every single company doing this now? I’m sure that you aren’t even saving anything and it’s just datamining your phone. Why is this so common now?

Attached: 84C6C1C9-5DF5-4176-981B-D6D486689FAC.jpg (1170x649, 354.35K)

you answered your question

>datamining your phone
They make extra money from selling this data.

Notifications and tracking. It's all psychological manipulation. You're really better off without a smartphone or something like pic related.

Attached: 4.png (720x1440, 263.73K)

They sell your privacy as a side hustle.
Also never donate to any organization, it's just 100% tax write off.

Because invasive market data collection is the most valuable thing to commercial businesses now.
When smart phones came out it was dubbed as having a computer in your pocket, now its a trojan virus and data collector in your pocket.

You're right to be suspicious. It's all a jewish scheme to eventually get you "hooked" on their service and spend more money with them. It's all about engagement. Any time you turn on your phone now and see that app you're basically looking at a commercial for the company without even opening it. I roll my eyes any time someone tells me to download a fast food app. Even people on Any Forums have suggested this to save money when I complain about the price of food.

>barebones x11 on a smartphone
That’s next level autism. And how the hell can you live without a smartphone nowadays? It’s almost impossible.

Don't sign their contracts user

just dont do it, bro

Attached: 1643438783392.jpg (480x825, 30.44K)

>Why do corporations want access to all the data on the spy device I carry around 24/7?
It's a mystery user.

I'm a techfag. They want to datamine you, and then sell the data to save costs. That is how they pass some of the savings on to you.

its not worth it

Attached: 1659115366476197.gif (400x300, 2.78M)

Why is every single major retailer forcing you to have their app on your phone now? It feels like every single brand with an inch of relevancy wants you to install their app so you can save “money”. Why is every single company doing this now? I’m sure that you aren’t even saving anything and it’s just datamining your phone. Why is this so common now?

They want your info. They've always wanted your info. That's what the coronavirus passport bullshit was about too. They don't give a shit what the reason is, they want your care and reasons to appeal to so they know when to sell you something and what price you will buy it for. Think of it as you yourself as their advertising/marketing department. You work for free for them everytime you do anything irrelevant on your personal GPS tracking device.

>Prices too low to list! See in cart!
Yeah, so that they know what to charge you based on your location.

>Digital coupons! Save the planet and be eco friendly!
So that you can sign up for our stupid system that will waste more electricity farming your info than you ever will in your life.

its like a dog peeing to mark their territory

you are the territory

the company is the dog peeing on you

facts

>its not worth it
You're the one working for free. All they have to do is provide you the applications then sell each other the applications for fractions of pennies.

nah. a modern server chip is more powerful than an entire supercomputer 15 or so years ago. electricity costs are surprisingly small for what you can do with it. paying the programmers is the expensive part these days.

the only third party app on my phone is vivaldi. they try, but they get nothing from me.

Attached: 1659118131742965.jpg (568x698, 59.35K)

My sentiments as well.
>Dumbledore: {However}

Most people aren't so high-minded, and many more simply cannot understand HOW an app would get data from you if you don't type it in, and other nonsense. Some people know and simply don't give a fuck. Some know and approve of the process, knowing it helps them CONSUME more.

I can tell you most anything about tech, and most everyone will not care. :^)

Lol. Yes, they do. And you don't even know how. Owned.

Nice. What does your junk mail look like?

Attached: 1564694667787.jpg (553x604, 69.47K)

>It’s almost impossible.
There's literally nothing that actually needs a smartphone. You almost don't need a phone even but everyone asks for a "phone number." I just give them that one but half the time Gnome Calls and pulseaudio doesn't work anyway.

occasional email from my motorcycle dealer. i click that unsubscribe link like OP abuses his dick.

I also am a techfag. I know how bad it is. My employer stopped the seminars where they explain what is going on because too many people got freaked out.

Nah m8 your actual mail. Protip: Don't donate. Ever. No matter what the cause. They'll be happy to donate your info to other beggars.

>And how the hell can you live without a smartphone nowadays? It’s almost impossible.
lol wut?

also unsubscribe from that shit. Its taken a while but I get very little postal mail anymore. I used to fill up a big paper grocery bag every 2 months with all the junk mail, it was retarded.

on pc browsers you can get extensions to block cookies. mobile websites they will usually have a prompt that says accept cookies. with the app they can get past that to get user data and ad revenue from you