GATE/gifted program thread

alright Any Forums, happy to host another one. might start a general on this topic, since so many people seem to be interested. continuation of
here's what i'm thinking, and i've updated the map to reflect both where i went to school and my ethnicity (about 98% swedish): please add to the map with the flag which best approximates your ethnicity, and let's hear about your stories from the GATE program, any gifted program, or any research you've got on potential monkey business surrounding this set of programs in particular. here's a brief primer, for anyone who's not aware:
>By 1980, 454 school districts and 160,000 students were participating in the
program. Assembly Bill (AB) 1040, enacted in 1980, established the Gifted and Talented
Education (GATE) program allowing districts to set their own criteria for entrance and
expanded service beyond the intellectually gifted to students who were gifted and
talented in areas such as specific academic ability, leadership, visual and performing arts,
and creativity.

don't forget to add yourself to the map! please try to keep the discussion on-topic; let's go

Attached: new map.png (1200x742, 492.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0_TDPaUznw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

weird formatting inserted breaks from none other than the california dept. of education website. can't say i'm surprised, but here we are:
>By 1980, 454 school districts and 160,000 students were participating in the program. Assembly Bill (AB) 1040, enacted in 1980, established the Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) program allowing districts to set their own criteria for entrance and expanded service beyond the intellectually gifted to students who were gifted and talented in areas such as specific academic ability, leadership, visual and performing arts, and creativity.

Nice map fren

Attached: 51CDE091-3A57-4DAC-A94C-1EF349B4D11E.jpg (640x1136, 109.39K)

Here was my experience in GATE:
>get taken into one of the portable classrooms that were used for temporary rooms
>interviewed by a fat woman
>can't really remember what I was tested on besides basic pattern recognition
>everything else about the program is gone from my memory
I was only in there for a year, but it is strange that I can't remember a single thing about it.

Also, this was in Las Vegas, Nevada

i remember doing logic puzzles in gate, then taking a test for gate, then being told I had gotten only 1 question wrong on the arithmetic test
what did they mean by this

I was in the "gifted" program at my public school (Central Virginia), back in 1996-1997. I remember it being me and just 5 other kids in my grade level. While the other kids were napping, us 6 were taken to a separate classroom, they began teaching us french, including french language songs, and some more advanced math and also significantly higher-level reading materials than were normal for 1st grade students. I wish I could remember more about it, but I always though it was strange to be separated from the rest of the class to be taught these unusual subjects.

would you like me to add you to the map?
just need the ethnicities, if you know them

they were trying to stroke your ego, because kids tend to need a lot of encouragement

depending on how long ago it was, i think it's quite common for unvisited childhood memories to be fuzzy--at best. any trauma in your childhood that might've scrambled it?

Attached: 1658051926912.jpg (2000x1500, 137.61K)

Sure, I'm from Central VA, and I am 55% German, 40% Dutch, and the rest is typical US mutt (small portion Native American, no black)

since you never hear about actual genius kids anymore, does this mean they've successfully eradicated them all atp?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0_TDPaUznw

Attached: 4A912057-914C-4A4F-9B82-1D926AE276D5.jpg (1024x983, 95.31K)

>be five or six years old
>mom takes me to the university
>says “cmon user I’m taking you to the university”
>okay
>”they’re gonna ask you some questions”
>we arrive at the university
>we meet some adults outside on the campus
>we walk around the campus while they ask me questions like
>”what do you think people do here at the university?” and
>”how do you think we built all of these buildings?” and stuff like that
>we walk for a while and the questions continue
>eventually the faculty ask me if I know where I am
>”I’m at the university”
>they ask me if I know how to find my way back to where we started
>I try to lead us back, sometimes choosing correctly, other times not
>when I made a mistake leading us back, they would correct me and take us the proper way
>could have sworn it was this way, oh well
>we get back to the beginning
>adults thank my mom and I and we go home
>spend the next ten years on ritalin before failing highschool and running away
>get addicted to heavy drugs and become homeless
>get gangstalked and lose my mind
>find my way to a weed farm
>build them a website for their weed business
>prosper and meet a girl
>everything falls apart eventually and I run back home
>go to meet my mom (it’s been a few years)
>we meet at the university
>we talk and take a walk
>I start to recognize some landmarks
>I could have sworn it was this way

Attached: 0107FA30-3BAE-4A33-91D0-9F7534D742CE.jpg (1024x1024, 91.15K)

I was in the program in the 80s in NC. I moved every 6 months to a year to new schools. They always knew and put me in the program. In the 4th grade I refused to go because kids were always mean to me about it. I was sick of always being an outcast. Once I refused they never tried to put me in it even after moving.

i should have clarified, the test was the entry exam for gate, I took it after a handful of gate classes

Spread monkey pox to the government.

New pbs kids
files.catbox.moe/2pf2wu.mov

The purpose of GATE and similar programs is to isolate highly intelligent children. This prevents them from developing good social skills and learning to use their intelligence in leadership positions. It's social castration.

I was in my countries equivalent of these programs for years, only ever talking to adults and rather strange children. It completely nuked my social skills and my understanding of the normie mindset.

I remember the hearing tests with the beeps idk what that was about and then in 3rd grade we had these book groups with all the classes mixed up and I got put in the most advanced one because I had like a ninth grade reading level. they really started leaning on my mom to give me Ritalin which she ended up doing in the fourth grade because I didn’t like my teacher and called him by his first name and shit like that. Then in the fifth grade I literally just got to fuck around on this big MacBook during math lessons and shit it was strange. I knew some kids who would do advanced math and things like that but I never did that.

Imagine being so puny brained that you need social entitlement, to progress your own agendas.

Attached: F8FAB307-E82E-4D8F-9EE1-1ECBA6F59C2B.jpg (241x312, 32.02K)

Sure, Las Vegas and white (German)

That's not really how it works. It's body language, voice intonation, word usage, cadence, understanding of social dominance, etc. These things can't be intellectually understood, they are developed through repeated social interaction with peers, you can't fake it. It's instinct.

Lack of childhood socialization makes you either a psychopath (calculating every social interaction to achieve your goal), or a schizo (withdrawing from social interaction).

People can still sniff out the dark-triad, it's just that people can never really place the thing that is unsettling. With schizos, the idiosyncratic behaviour is instantly spotted and identified.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

> These things can't be intellectually understood
> they are developed through repeated social interaction with peers
>Literally a diagnosis of autism

Attached: 03B2F70D-D8D8-4DB1-9796-6B8AAEA293C3.jpg (200x200, 14.59K)

I have schizo tendencies, sometimes I think I have schizoid personality disorder. I do feel like I was kind of deprived of social interaction, but I’m not sure the school necessarily did it to me