Work from home = slavery

You're not working from home, you're living at work
>but one main take-away jumped out at me: The workweek got longer, by about three to four hours per week.

>A new “night shift” emerged, as instant-messaging work communication soared between 6 p.m. and midnight. Remote work also meant more meetings. Researchers monitored the brainwaves of some employees during these video meetings and found that “dramatic changes in brainwave patterns, consistent with being over-worked or stressed, began to set in after about two hours.” (I’m not making this up — they really went all mad scientist over at Microsoft and hooked workers up to electroencephalogram skull caps).

>As work and home became one, “all these meetings and messages were spread out over a longer workday,” one tech site summed up. “Weekends were no longer off-limits when it came to collaboration and work, and more people spent their ‘lunch hours’ instant-messaging with colleagues, suggesting an unending workflow.”

>A study of software developers found that productivity was up — but listen to some of the reasons why.

>“Sometimes an idea clicks in the middle of the night, and with work-from-home, implementing that idea is literally 2 seconds away,” one Microsoft engineer said.

>“I feel like I can solve problems more easily since I don’t feel constrained by a clock. I can start a job and cook dinner, then come back to check the job results while I leave something in the oven or when I’m done cooking,” said another developer.

>Said a third: “I sometimes feel I just sit the whole day, and only do very few steps to the toilet and coffee machine.”

>The reality of remote work seems, to me, kind of like when people got smart home devices like Alexa in order to access the internet, but it turned out it was the device that was accessing them. Who is it really benefiting?

seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/steps-to-the-toilet-and-coffee-machine-are-we-working-from-home-or-living-at-work/

Attached: Screenshot_20220728-215221_Brave.jpg (624x678, 109.04K)

>voluntary transaction
>OMG SLAVERY
kys commid

I took a break and played with my cat.

I'm okay driving to work and getting paid to shitpost on my phone the 8 hours of my 10 hour shift. I couldn't do work at home, too short of a leash. they want to make sure they're not paying you to jackoff at home whereas there's less eyes on you actually being at work.

Wow you send a couple emails it's literal slavery
Anyone who wfh should be grateful we have such an economy that allows so many people to do nothing all day

I'm the laziest, most irresponsible, unmotivated, disconected from reality NEET, and even I call tell OP is completely out of touch.

You make a good point OP. I kind of always
secretly wondered why all these corpos were tolerating their employees working in the comfort of their own homes; now it makes sense though.

>Yes I'd rather work more hours for the exact same pay just so I can waste every 10 minutes in an hour doing fuck all and then having to compensate later on so I don't get fired, it's much better than working a fixed time span and then going home and having more free time, earning more money per hour
>yes there's nothing wrong with worker mobilization and unions being the deadly victims of work from home fuckery and handing all power to employers
>yes I'm okay with giving Mr shekelberg updates at night and extending my work hours for no extra pay
>who cars if my laziness harms not only me but the entire proletariat, further atomized and weakened than ever since the mid XIXth century

Commie's got a point.

The only people bitching about work from home are corporate elite who want to shame their lowest-paid workers to push mops and answer phones. Meanwhile, THEY can enjoy the privilege of remote working, because “they can do their jobs at home.” So shut up, Karen, and drive your lazy ass to work to file things or whatever it is you do. Fuck your kids! I’ve got two seasons of Better Call Saul to catch up with while daydrinking and forwarding emails to YOU to deal with.

samefag
FUCK OFF TRANNIE COMMYS

The company is using your house as its real estate without paying you more, and invades your privacy. Fuck that. A former landlord worked from the house and the company required a Webcam that picked up everything that went on in the living room and kitchen.

If your job can be done from home it isn't a real job, it is bullshit make-work or trash level customer service.

Cope seethe dilate
Enjoy retail hell for the rest of your life while I sleep in because of no commute and work my cushy tech job for 5 times what you make at Target

As a Java/sql dev I completely agree.
I just want to garden and raise chickens on my property; but no, I’m forced to pretend to work / care about my projects for 8ish hours a day.

Coding is such a gay way to make a living; I wish I had went into something more tangible than this crap.

Fuck you too.

Lmao nice try Goldenstein, still working from home. Cope

>if your job can be done from a computer it's not real

tradie shitwit detected

didn't read any of that, well skimmed a bit and reads like monke parrotery nonsense. Can you at least try to be digestable and/or relatable you useless fuck?

work from home KING here. let me handle this one fellas.
>but one main take-away jumped out at me: The workweek got longer, by about three to four hours per week.
nope
>A new “night shift” emerged, as instant- blah blah blah
nope :^)

>As work and home became one, “all the
nope

>A study of software developers found that productivity was up — but listen to some of the reasons why.
ok

>“Sometimes an idea clicks in the middle of the night,
nope 8)

>“I feel like I can solve problems more easily since I don’t feel constrained by a clock. I can start a job and cook dinner, then come back to check the job results while I leave something in the oven or when I’m done cooking,” said another developer.
this is basically me

>Said a third: “I sometimes feel I just sit the whole day, and only do very few steps to the toilet and coffee machine.”
no one at my company does this

>The reality of remote work seems, to me, kind of like when people got smart home devices like Alexa in order to access the internet, but it turned out it was the device that was accessing them. Who is it really benefiting?
me making $160k a year and paying 0 rent because i live with my parents

OP is coping with his extremely homosexual office job

Attached: 9991541236.png (1999x1860, 947.73K)

That kid's problem is not working from home. It's working for a black company.

I smoke weed and watch anime while checking loan applications for obvious signs of fraud. I'm expected to do 6 in an hour, I can do 10 in 20 minutes now because it's always the same forms and always the same irregularities to look for. One to two hours of focused work per day, the rest I do whatever. The wage is above national average, life is nice. I don't even have to put pants on.

If you're too stupid not to set up one room in your house as the dedicated office or set boundries about when you're working, you're a fucking moron. No, I'd rather not get dressed up in uncomfortable clothing and commute 2 hours a day just to go to an office where I can't focus because the people around me won't shut the fuck up.

I wanna go full home life, grow my own food, work from home, have a home gym. I don't want to see any of you faggots ever again.