The politics of melee weapons

Continuation of the last thread, what are the political implications of carrying around melee weapons as a society and what would you prefer? Keep in mind you have to actually carry that shit and use it.
For me it's the bar mace.
>Not technically lethal, certainly considered "better" in the eyes of the law than a sword
>Never breaks
>Needs absolutely zero care
>Nobody knows what it is, you can just say it's a knife sharpener if they enquire
>Heavy and extremely intimidating, like a piece of rebar only with a good handle and blunt bars that concentrate the force more
>Can crack bones and smash skulls
>Only limited by how hard and fast you can swing it, don't have to worry about edge alignment and can wail away, still can do effective jabs with it due to it being thin and heavy
For me it's the bar mace. And yes this is political, weapons and their proliferation is political.

Attached: 600652_L.jpg (544x1000, 97.61K)

>La chancla

Based hispanics keeping those damn brats in line

Attached: Screenshot_11.jpg (711x258, 70.92K)

while you were "getting lit" and "going ham," i was studying the blade

Only one answer.

Attached: 1652753847539.jpg (250x367, 20.09K)

If you want to take a knife to a gun fight, go right ahead.
t. both open and conceal carry firearms

Attached: 1642951810040.png (1500x900, 256.32K)

Why? Guns are more effective. As a backup a knife is always a food option but always carry a gun for self defense. Get a pistol red dot and practice your draw speed.
Also look into center lock retention. You can use a gun in close quarters to shut off a melee attacker instantly

I only have one purpose built melee weapon so I guess I'll stick with that.

Attached: Saber.jpg (1600x1200, 102.48K)

Center axis relock**
It's the gay shit John wick does a couple times but it's a real technique for taking a quick aimed shot while keeping your gun out of reach. Both eyes open, draw, bring gun in without even going to ready first, dot on target and shoot. It's quick.

Weren't cavalry sabres mostly ceremonial? Sure they still used them sometimes but they weren't as good as swords with a full basket hilt. They really were just that, cavalry sabers. You needed a horse with them.

Every black person in America has an illegal handgun hidden on their person and they will dump every bullet into you.

What fun is shooting them when you could cave their skull in with a mace

I just like the thrill of getting in real close and personal and unexpectedly stabbing someone with a concealed weapon precisely in a point on their body where I absolutely know they'll bleed out fatally.
That look of surprise and the frozen, confused, panicked shock that follow are always priceless, plus they give me ample time to get away.

Because it's less effective and not even close to the current meta. Current meta is guns. You have to get in close, you have to swing some shit and you have to hope they don't avoid it. My draw speed from holster with a safety on is .7 seconds and I'm not even that great. I've seen guys do .3 seconds. I know you're just kidding but seriously a handgun in an OWB holster under a jacket or long shirt is the current self defense meta

For me, it's a halligan

Attached: M22-000600.png (1200x1600, 302.88K)

This user is right and also when you're shooting someone you'd better be damn sure that you kill them and have positive witnesses and don't have a pozzed jury. With a blunt weapon like a mace you shatter their bones and get pity from the court for being civil enough to use a "less dangerous" weapon. You can use a bar mace in way more situations than a gun. You also don't have to worry about where bullets fly.
Well yeah, guns will BTFO any other weapon. You should still carry something that lets you engage sooner in case you need it, easier to justify using that and you won't get lawcucked after as hard. For every one situation you're legally justified in shooting someone in there's probably two where you'd get away with macings someone.

For me, it’s the Brooklyn Smasher

Attached: A5D140D0-E964-46F8-BDCF-7C26202D54C2.jpg (1024x1024, 39.94K)

The only great inve tion fro asrica

Attached: Images0OE4R0DR.jpg (259x194, 19.19K)

Yeah, I'll probably leave it for when I run out of ammo.

that's called an 'assegai'

But these are unironically shit? Using them the correct way they only give you as much reach as the sword, the way the blades are made makes them pretty bad for using it like a sword-staff that gives you extra reach. I'd take either a regular spear or a sword, or a sword-staff over them any day.
The traditional way of using an ikwa was to choke up on the blade, those things were unironically outranged by british bayonets despite technically being longer than them. The british beat the zulu in every melee engagement man-for-man.