Fall for the trades meme

>fall for the trades meme
>make $40/hr as a journeyman after busting ass for 4 years doing apprenticeship
>hard physical work, dangerous job sites, have to travel far and work out of town at time, no pension, laid off constantly
>wages haven't increased since 2007
>meanwhile 110 IQ universitycels making 90k starting + pension + stock plan + profit sharing(increase to 150k salary after 5 year) also 4 weeks vacation starting and work only 37.5 hours a week doing zoom calls and answering emails

It's unironically over for tradecucks, how did we fuck up so bad tradebros?

Attached: 1642888158214.jpg (938x635, 46.07K)

Mexicans destroyed your negotiating power

should have taken the healthcare meme, its hard work but even your Dr. patels have to go successfully go through accredited residencies in the U.S for full practicing rights.

Even white trades like electrician and instrumentation/controls are cucked

Even mcdonalds pay similar to a first year apprentice now($18/hr)

It's truly over

I make 62 dollars an hour at my trade, 47 hours double time last week and like 16 this week so far.

Should have become an IBEW Lineman bro. Cali wages are insane. Blood money crews pulling in over 400k in under 4 months.

>A FUCKING LEAF

Attached: 6AAD46C4-2B65-44DE-AFED-9AAA7793AEA1.jpg (208x310, 25.71K)

>1 person's experience represents an entire populatio
Yeah OP is a generalizing retard

I can only speak for automotive tech: it is shit, I left to go to uni

>>meanwhile 110 IQ universitycels making 90k starting + pension + stock plan + profit sharing(increase to 150k salary after 5 year) also 4 weeks vacation starting and work only 37.5 hours a week doing zoom calls and answering emails
The honest truth is that these jobs are all held by boomers, late gen x, and early millenials and they are largely nonproductive so they probably won't be around for us. I have a college degree, when I graduated this year I sent out no joke about 600 job applications to whatever listings I could find and got probably like 50 calls, 5 interviews, and no offers. Plus they were all scammy marketing or recruiting firms. I am constantly meeting these bimbo women who work as recruiters and probably do what you said in the example. A business degree is worthless, 4 years worth of shit I could have learned within a month watching youtube videos. This economy is fucked.

I got offered a 6 figure to start job with pension but it involves working outside in Canada during winter and sounds too hard so I'm unemployed still instead

What job?

want an apprentice? I dont care what the job is. Fuck, for $40+/ph ill give you jobs. Im a quick learner, I dont bitch about working conditions, Im generally a happy go lucky guy and I just quit smoking last week so I dont have an ever present stench around me.

The goal is to get established in your area quick enough to get your own business running and making other people bust their backs for you. If you're in it long enough to get your knees and lower back shot you've done it wrong.

Life in Australia is good as a tradie. I make the same as a friend who's a structural engineer and 15k less than another friend who has a PHD in bio-chem.
The "you must go to university" meme is resulting in higher wages for most trades.

$40 is good though? I was making $16.50 as a car mechanic first year apprentice which was bullshit.

90k/yr starting? huh? In leaf dollars? Starting jobs are like 36 - 45k here.

Train conductor with CPR they will hire you with no experience and pay for all your school/training but you have to be on call constantly and show up within 2 hours of getting the phone call and the yard shift is working outdoors in the snow. Driving the train sounds comfy and my dream job but you also have to work the yard shift whenever they ask which is brutal outdoor work. I turned it down because I don't like hard jobs and have no work ethic

Wahhhhhhh
40 /hr
What an entitled faggot

>Business degree
If it wasn't accounting then you wasted your time and money.

they only make 90k if daddy has connections. pajeet is killing their wages.

What trade?

Lol it really is the Mexicans man, in my first mechanic job the boomer boss was teaching a Mexican how to install tires on his first day, while I learned that in school. The bosses just want cheap labor.

I made $273k profit last year running my own HVAC business where mexicans do all the real work. If you're still laboring in Trades after 10 years you're just a dumb fuck.

Yeah my dad worked for CN, was pretty brutal hours but not that bad if you have seniority(if you survive that long without getting fired over some stupid shit like slipping on ice or being 10 minutes late)

Am thinking of being a train conductor for Union Pacific. What I am in for if I go this route?

Meanwhile in Germany you have a lower social standing as a tradie than being jobless and mass Immigration makes sure that you barely make any more money than just having no job at all.

You've got it all wrong. Mexicans WANT to work and are happy to work. Your lazy white ass wants a break, wants air conditioning, wants to get to work late, wants to go home early, wants to go to the dentist at 1pm, wants health insurance, wants everything free.

A friend of mine made $200k as a cloud engineer after leaving his previous job. This year with economic downturn he was first on the chopping

I just described it in that post. You have to be on call 24/7 and you have to show up within 2 hours of getting the call, and the yard shift is working outdoors regardless of the whether. Driving the train would be comfy but especially when you're new you will not got the comfy shifts and will be working in the yard most of the time

You could've just said that you were a fucking spic.

Darn. Was hoping maybe UP was different from CPR, but it likely isn't.

Attached: Pepe sad 2.png (920x692, 617.75K)