Bro, modular highways!

Bro, modular highways!

twitter.com/CGMeifangZhang/status/1552394072832311297

Attached: 17281004373455.png (584x723, 440.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CGMeifangZhang/status/1552395069994553346
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how many people will this kill

Can anyone explain to me why this is good? It seems like a lot of extra work just to have a few more cars going through.

We have those in texas

What is the fucking point? Does it at least accommodate traffic in the opposite direction? We already have that shit in big metro areas like DC only it is controlled with gates.

Attached: initial-d-fail.gif (127x90, 304.96K)

Where? Seems like around me they only do the opposite and make sure to have as many lanes as possible closed off at all times.
>t. 512

Why does it need to be reversible? Can't you just have the fucking extra lane?

Why would you EVER have it deployed? Why not just have an extra lane all the time and not pay someone to deploy it.

why not just making a permanent lane?

Attached: 084.png (300x256, 101.83K)

luckily most likely 0
foreigners are very low % of chinese population

In america niggers and illegals with no licenses would definitely be crashing into that constantly as it shifts the new lane open and there is that small section of road in front of the lane shifter

Dallas. You can watch the thing drive down the road and change the lanes. In Dallas I think it makes an hov lane.

Because they can

Attached: 3321110605.jpg (2440x1627, 3.51M)

We have something similar here, albeit without the physical barrier.

It's literally just a five lane road, in the mornings it's three lanes going one way, in the evenings is three lanes going the other way.

I imagine without the physical barrier it'd get chinks killed by the truckload.

Yeah, I see them near Dallas. They actually make traffic worse when they are opening them up because people brake when they see the lights.

Like around rockwall, except insted of some nigger in a bobcat doing it, there is a robot thing that opens and closes lanes at certain times

Heheh, genuinely keked.

It's not. It's just another desperate attempt to solve the impossible problem of car traffic.

Why close the lane to begin with? Is this a chink thing? It makes zero sense just have a 4 lane road or 5 or whatever!

This is already a thing in Philadephia. I think the Ben Franklin Bride does it? They use a big-ass machine to shift over a bunch of concrete barriers in the morning and before rush hour.

Its a solution when you can't add a lane and you have extremely one-sided traffic. Philly does it to accommodate the commuters coming over the bridge in the morning and leaving the other way during rush hour. The middle lane swaps back and forth.

Can you imagine china when they get flying cars

Transformers. More than meets the eye

twitter.com/CGMeifangZhang/status/1552395069994553346

Attached: 8217723318900.png (593x637, 295.73K)

Oh. Thanks user not the lad you're replying to but I guess that makes sense.

It took this many posts for a fucking yank of all people to ask the most basic common sense question

WE MUST REMOVE THOSE BARRIERS AT ALL COSTS

Attached: 1645298861911.png (960x540, 302.9K)

I was going to say I could definitely see this being a phenomenon in the DFW area.

Ben Franklin Bridge*

Normally some combo of bureaucracy and a huge cost to add a lane? The bridge in Philly does it because you'd need to upgrade a whole fuckin' bridge to add a lane. The video looks like some fancy downtown shit, and the Chinese property prices are insane, so it's likely really expensive to widen out that road.

>bro, just one more lane, I promise it will fix it, just one lane bro, help a guy out
kek

Yeah we have the same thing, but there are lights that say which lanes are open for which direction, I have a suspicion that like all 3rd worlders, chinks are incapable of understanding traffic rules

Because traffic flow differs throughout the day. In the morning one side of the road will have a ton of people going to work while the other side is barren, and vice versa in the evening

anybody got the gif of the bugman killing the dog with the flamethrower?

Stop

Attached: 1657960311946.png (650x650, 9.15K)

Why tf would you ask for that in this thread

Go.

Boston has these.

Just drove over commodore Barry they had it, I'm pretty sure multiple others do as well but i don't go to shitstain jersey often enough to remember

>a yank of all people
Oh yeah just the nation that invented everything and the western culture you adopted. Total morons. And you're really smart for watching a TV show about idiots and thinking that was all of America. Really high IQ thinking. Now, ride off on your kangaroo to get some VB.

isnt that tech super old her? like from the 1800s?

>Yeah we have the same thing, but there are lights that say which lanes are open for which direction
Yeap, it's a simple system.

Attached: Road.jpg (1374x553, 170.12K)

Im extremely worried about all the moving pieces. That and look pretty but Philly uses a big ass custom vehicle that's like 20 years old and concrete dividers for a reason: it's cheap and tough. I wanna see those projects in a few years when a couple million cars/passengers have gone by.

I've seen this on the Coronado bridge, not new.

>look ma, I added several failure points to my infrastructure
lmao

Puerto Rico already has this all over the place and is from the like the 70's.

China is behind and falling farther.

Breh why are you this easy to b8

They have the same thing in Massachusetts...

It allows them to open up an extra lane for rush hour, depending on the direction of traffic.
For example, on an eight lane highway (4+4), in the morning, the high-demand direction could take a lane from the other side (5+4), and then in the evening rush, the other direction takes the lane (4+5). It allows governments to add an extra lane with very minimal construction and cost compared to widening a highway.
Dallas has used this type of system at least since the 1980s. It’s called a road zipper.

Attached: CA2AC6EB-F87A-49C7-A675-D2A67FAF17EF.jpg (600x776, 129.01K)

Nice

Hey, not bad Haiti

More money the government can take from you

>china invents the counterflow lane

we've had road zippers for years now

Attached: mxaxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 109.46K)

What makes you think I fucking watch TV you deranged mutt

Very good

Don't they do this on a bridge in California?

China is bas- ACK!

Attached: 1627931977087.webm (480x880, 373.54K)

A city I know switches one lane in the morning in the opposite direction to have more throughput when people drive to work and in the afternoon and evening the lane is open to the other direction.
There is no guard rail though just traffic lights overhead that indicate that.
Not a new concept.

Its a nice place south of Princeton and outside of Camden. I suggest the farmers' markets. Also fuck, is the Commodore Barry? I always forget because Philly's got like four fuckin bridges all up the river.

Yup, that video looks clean. It looks over-complicated to me, so perfect for a propaganda twitter video.

hate you

it's most often used on bridges or tunnels ie places where new lanes can't be added. But in general, most freeways can't have new lanes added once infill occurs around them. How are you going to add more lanes if there's buildings in the way? The only solutions become active traffic management (zippers) or mass transit.

Attached: ggb.jpg (1024x721, 183.39K)

fucking off chinkoid shills