What does /tg/ think of consent checklists?

What does /tg/ think of consent checklists?

Attached: consentlist.png (672x960, 641.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/rpghorrorstories/comments/w9bwkd/context_posted_a_campaign_and_asked_the_players/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If they know what's coming in advance, how are they supposed to have fun? This seems like it would just make the DM's part harder to play.

Why is "Freezing to death" and "Heatstroke" on this list? Who is triggered by natural elements?

This isn't the worst thing in the word, but it's just too much and should be personalized. The movie rating question is probably just the most useful.

They're for overgrown children.

OP is a Reddit repost.

reddit.com/r/rpghorrorstories/comments/w9bwkd/context_posted_a_campaign_and_asked_the_players/

I think you should just ask each players "Ok, what are the things you don't want to deal with in session?" and be done with it, because a lot of people will just respond with something along the lines of "Eh, I'm cool with just about anything that isn't going into grimderp territory or just purely for shock value"

If you experienced extreme hot or cold and came down with hypo/hyperthermia and almost died as a result, I can see why you'd have a chance of developing a serious trauma about it.

I almost drowned when I was a kid (passed out and had to get resuscitated), and while it's never devolved to a full blown panic attack, I do get very tense when drowning comes up in fiction because I have the memory if how it feels to almost still firmly in my mind. I wouldn't mention it if it came up in a game, probably, but I would be affected.

I'd go red on gore and everything on relationships that isn't fade to black. Not because they affect me, but to avoid playing with faggots and edgelords.

Insanely cringe. Just... talk with your players? If a situtation arises that makes a person uncomfortable, handle it like functional adults and that's it. It may be useful if you don't really know the people you are playing with, but in that case you have other issues to think about imo.

Works as a way filter out players you don't want at your table if you're playing with randoms, I suppose.

Why the fuck is the movie thing there? There has to be a better way of phrasing that right? And things like terrorism and police in health and not culture? This things sucks even if you are big on the lines and veils crap.

Thank god I have an established group, as I'd just bin the player that'd roll up to a pick up game with a card like this.

I'm worried that your game would turn in a checklist too.

Tbh, asking other people what they (don't) want the game to be like is normal, but a checklist should not be thought of as definitively right and I'm afraid some wouldn't get that.

This is the way.

I don't consent to them. Or if they're forced upon me, I'll proclaim that I'm being coerced and manipulated.

They're only useful if you're playing with randoms, something you should never do unless you're being paid, in which case they're useful to get an idea of how to tailor your product for your customers.
If you want to play a game, do so with friends, where this checklist is made pointless.
My brother once got heatstroke when we were younger. He still carries at least two water bottles ten years later, no matter where he goes.

I agree that these shouldn't be forced on anyone. Filling them out should be optional.

gaslighting is the ultimate rp

do you want leftists because this is how you get leftists in your hobby.

Attached: d08.jpg (674x900, 147.05K)

I'm pretty sure F-list gamefinder is now banned (or moved to /soc/) but yeah it was integral part of /tg/ culture some years ago.

if the only reason to experience your game is that you didn't know how it would happen, your game might be shit
it's why Marvel is so obsessed with stopping spoilers; they don't have anything good beyond people finding out what happens

I'm a lefty and I wouldn't touch these forms with a 10ft pole or join any game that uses them. So anyone using these are either far more left than me or they're just retards.

What happened to just talking to people instead of relegating everything to a form that can't possibly cover everything?

Everything this list is fine but I'd R the fuck out of every Romance option purely to trim the fat.

However, a caveat to remember (at least from my own personal experience) is it's usually the players that bog games down with that shit. This one old dude in my group attempts to woo and seduce every female NPC that comes into the picture. Every time he DMs I only play male characters in his games from now on.

Kinda pointless. who is triggered by...thirst?

Pointless because I play with my friends and run session 0s.

Death by thirst fucking sucks and near death by thirst is one of those traumas that takes a while to get through.

It's obviously made for people who want a comforting and reassuring environment to express themselves and grow comfortable interacting with others. If everyone is on the same page, hopefully it will eventually help them gain enough self-confidence to venture out of their needed safe-space
And this thread is just bait about identity politics, and you too need to grow up

Attached: cg9qzscr-1353902186-2788321443.jpg (1356x668, 236.71K)

Actually, I thought many of the responses to this thread were thoughtful and nuanced. Asking for an opinion isn't bait.

My current DM made me do one and I was very tempted to send her the shitpost one from my other group. Ultimately just checked yes to everything but explicit sexual content and anything out of place for fantasy like cancer or abortion. Oh, i think i might have wrote "based" next to racism too, just so she never thought i was taking it seriously.

She's doing fine, but she's of *that* persuasion so its easier just to meme any of the prog shit than to make a stink, she has a good sense of humour.

You might want to see a shrink user...

post em

Attached: 4EC8046D-EADA-437B-A231-2DAA060BC414.jpg (1200x1712, 310.4K)

I guess it's a decent way to determine red flags ahead of time, but even then you might miss some stuff.
For instance, I once had the players fight a giant undead heron, and one player started getting visibly uncomfortable because he didn't like big birds. We just talked it over and then I stopped having big birds show up.

>I passed out
>I have the memory of how it feels
next time you're making up a story try not contradicting yourself in the very same sentence

are you retarded?

If someone is triggered by fade to black romance I unironically wouldn’t play with them.

RPG requires certain maturity. If you need a consent card – you aren't mature enough to play RPG.

If you're a post-college adult without endless free time and/or have genuine trauma, isn't it a good thing to get a preview of what sort of stuff will be in the campaign so you know to brace yourself or find a different group? I mean, if someone was abused by their stepdad as a kid and works six days a week, I think they deserve escapism with like-minded people in their free time and not not more stress.

These surveys aren't all that different from players hashing out how much roleplaying vs combat the campaign will feature, whether characters will be min-maxed or not, how long the campaign will last, etc.

Attached: Venger Satanis Autism.jpg (1079x629, 79.78K)

The GM keeps trying to push this or the X card and I just refuse to sign or use it

Almost froze to death in the 2021 polar vortex. I would get tense during storms last winter. At one point the power went out and I was briefly gripped with terror. A second or two of mind-numbing panic. Not a big deal, really, but it was a bad time.

Since then I've run an adventure where freezing to death was a real risk, and I didn't feel spooked at all (it *did* impart some real gravity to the game that the players picked up on).
But I can't tell you with certainty whether I'd be able to have a good time in such a scenario as a player.

This form is extreme overkill, but I've seen one which is basically like a preflight checklist to guide a little bit of session 0 conversation, which also included stuff you *want* to see, and things like that. I liked that one.

I talk to my players, like adults, so they're redundant

I consent to nothing

Attached: Consent to Nothing.jpg (537x767, 255.73K)

I just don't know why you can't talk to your players about it. Were you not friends with them beforehand, or at least not able to vet them properly?

>shared paper/text file to list what might make people panic
Perfectly fine, and actually quite helpful. I might not remember offhand if a friend has a phobia of snakes, but having the list makes it easier to figure out which animals my druid shouldn't recreationally wildshape into during downtime.
>the thing OP posted
I could see a convention or games day organizer using these to sort people into compatible groups, especially with the romance/sex stuff, but I think it's both more awkward and less useful for a single game.

Attached: ZigzagoonNOOOOOOO.png (1024x768, 297.67K)

I feel like if you aren't able to separate a game from your own experiences and feelings you probably shouldn't be inflicting yourself on other people. My psychologist tells me I have trauma issues. Maybe, but I can separate reality from a game. Maybe some people can't help what upsets them but maybe they need to be not doing this shit.
But then I've never been in the position of having some giga edgelord murder-rape everything he sees or whatever so perhaps my barometer for upsetting things in a game is off. There's a lot more justifying shooting innocent people in the face for the sake of maintaining a conspiracy in delta green and a lot less stereotypical nerd edge.
So I don't know. If this shit is necessary for you I feel bad for you, not angry about it. But I also feel like you should know that being exposed to material that is specially upsetting for you in a way it isn't for others is a risk of playing rpgs and maybe if you have issues you need to be playing with people close to you that you can trust with your feelings, in which case why do people needs forms at all? It feels like a weird compromise. "Hello perfect stranger I agreed to play a game of pretend with, here is a list of things i will absolutely not play pretend about under any circumstances". I guess it kinda sounds reasonable if I frame it like that, but the issue I guess is the assumption that people should change their game to support someone else's mental health instead of telling them to play a different game that won't upset them.

bretty gud desu
if they dont laugh at it, you filter them out

I almost froze to death. I can still handle it now, but for about a year detailed description of it or seeing it in film freaked me out. I had dreams of freezing to death often.

The best idea is to get these "consent" forms and then include things they hate into the game. truely the chad move

Attached: chad dentist.png (478x523, 193.81K)

They're awesome. They let me know to leave before I waste my time.

Bro. Go for a swim. Then do it again and again until you've taken the edge off the fear. There is no progress without suffering.

Most people are okay with anything but rape in your game. Probably best to avoid playing with someone who would need this checklist.

I prefer f-lists so I can tailor the monster rape, xeno experiments and abusive nobles to my players' tastes.

Attached: alexandre-chaudret-dcorpse-46-viewer.jpg (1200x1676, 338.56K)

The thing I object to is the jumped up 'Hard line do not include' as if the checklist checkee gets any decision in what will be constituted. Where's the 'Don't like it? Fuck off and find somewhere else to game' clause?

>Bro. Go for a swim. Then do it again and again until you've taken the edge off the fear. There is no progress without suffering.
All evidence points to fear immersion therapy far more often doing further harm rather than good. There are better ways to help someone.

Attached: You Seeing This Shit.jpg (515x700, 46.79K)

Considering the fact they're only supposed to be used for con games where you have little/no time to discuss shit cause you only have 2-4 hours max for game, they're decent. It's effectively just lines and veils options listed out, though Traffic Lights system will always be the best option.
The biggest issue with the OG safety tool, X-Card was it was a hammer so every problem was a nail and it only worked in the negative.
Traffic lights has the x-card as Red, fast-forward/fade to black as Yellow and an I want more and I'm good with this as Green.
I've had deep, intense sessions with people so into what was happening they actually cried, but them reaching for Green tells me while they're crying they're invested and want to keep going through the scene.
I use Traffic Lights when I run games at cons or my LGS game nights with randos.
While these will all never trump just talking to your home group they have their place as tools for when you don't have time to have the conversation.
Anyone who says 'umm just like talk to your group' is a retard looking at a purpose built too then complaining it has no use to them since they never encounter the use case.

Because people are retards that have no idea how to even exist in -20° or 100° temperature for more than 10 minutes.

fuck off to /tg/

Any Forums & /tg/ linked up?

janny shat his pants again

Attached: 1630029802713.jpg (650x637, 99.14K)