Seasteading, and other GTFOs

Why not a loose confederacy of boats instead of trying to create meme islands?

Advantages: no meme islands.
Disadvantages: babby's first sailboats are usually shit.

Attached: folkboat.jpg (3780x2520, 653.01K)

I have an idea for a modular catamaran where the first module is a workshop for planking timber to build the next module. Sail to where timber is cheap, mill it yourself, assemble it into a module, then fiberglass it and pour some aircrete reinforcement in the bottom of it. Repeat.
Second module would be for turning sunlight and seawater into resin for fiberglassing, third module is for producing your own power generation, and so on until you're totally self-sufficient for everything but raw materials.

Yanked from other thread:
>You can do this now.
>Get a Pearson Triton 28. Rip out the diesel engine (lrn2sail, fag). If too scared, attach a mount and a >5hp outboard to stern.
>Rebuild icebox (it's not great).
>Convert half of v-berth to workbench.
>Get two anchors.
>Learn how to heave to.
>Get wind generator and solar panel, and figure out how to mount on stern rail.
>Convert all running and cabin lights to LED.
>You now have a mobile seastead that can cross bluewater. You can do low-level inport/export (difficult), or if you're not a tard can do boat repair or something similar in various ports.
>Anchor out for cheap living.

Dimensional lumber wrapped in plastic wrap can serve as a perfectly suitable frame for putting on fiberglass. After it cures you can go inside the hull and pour a couple inches of reinforced aircrete on the bottom and sides. You now have a boat that costed maybe a thousand dollars to build, which is of better quality than the $80,000 plastic fantastics that are on the water.

Cats are underrated for this sort of thing. The Wharram designs are easy to build and easy to sail.
Flat sailing is great.

>$80,000 plastic fantastics that are on the water
I like fiberglass, and it's tough to beat for most things.
I dunno about aircrete, not familiar. The old concrete boats were a rage for a while, but they didn't last. I assume this is an improvement?

Boats are financial black holes that require endless maintenance and upkeep.

If you want to insure your sailboat the insurer might mandate you get your rigging replaced every 5 years which can cost thousands.

Most marinas have a limited amount of slips available for liveaboards. Marina fees may be cheaper than an apartment in the same city, but there's a good chance you will be put on a multi year waiting list in order to get a slip.

>I'll just anchor somewhere.

You really do not want to be anchored in some cove when a fierce storm rips through. Even if your anchors don't drag you won't have a fun time.

There's a reason you can go on Craigslist and buy a fully fucking sailable motorable sailboat ready for you to live aboard for $5K. It's because the owner knows full well that it's a complete black hole for money, and is tired of the financial strain of keeping it up and mooring it.

Some people do buy cheap used sailboats and fix them up and live aboard them. You have to a certain kind of person to do this. You have to be prepared to learn how to service everything. The electrical system, the engine, the rigging, the brightwork, everything, all of it. You become a jack of all trades handyman. The boat becomes your life. You will expend countless hours all year round maintaining it.

It's not nearly as easy as people think. There's a reason more people don't do it. Those $5K sailboats on Craigslist are so common because people realized this is just too much fucking work for most people who can't pay professionals to do it for them.

It would be fiberglass on the outside, so it wouldn't have the problem of ferrohulls degrading over time from spalling. The downside of fiberglass is it is brittle and one good hit can shatter a hole in it, or even crack a seam along the entire hull. By having a foamy concrete (aircrete) inside the hull, the weakness of both hull types is eliminated. The concrete makes the fiberglass shatter resistant, and the fiberglass protects the concrete from contact with corrosive salt water.

ripping out the diesel and then anchoring offshore is asking to get pushed onto land from a squall.

Jay Fitzgerald first talked about this idea of sea-steading as a loose confederacy of boats in his Sea-Steading book.
The basic idea is a sea gypsy commune, which is kinda faggy, but the concept is sound. They can't keep you from reaching each other over VHF yet, and if things get squirrely, you just fuck off over the horizon, like the Mongols of old, but wetter.
Agriculture is an issue. I suppose, if everything is shit, you can lay claim to an island and grow beans. There are various things, like pigweed, that can be used to make (non-gluten) flour for bread-like things as well.

Anchoring isn't a mystery. Use two, on chain.
Depending on the diesel to get out of trouble has put more boats on rocks than anything else. The diesel will fuck out when you need it most.
If you're worried about big storms, that's when you pull anchor and get lots and lots of sea room. Lin and Larry Pardey have a lot to say about the utility and safety of heaving-to. (They're big fans of the maneuver.)

Spacesteading is the end game.

Seasteading is out of reach of most normalfags.
Dedicated NEETs can maybe pull it off, but seafaring is too foreign for most of this generation.
Best temporary solution is to buy land, rent excavator, dig hole, seal hole enough to hold water, and then buy water (you can buy 300 gallons for under $10 in most areas).
Then build a simple house on land, and then build and maintain boat house in the hole with water.

Right now setting up solar for a single person is doable for under $5000. If economy crashes that's obviously going to change.
You'd probably want a gas/diesel powered engine for main source of propulsion though if you plan to move the boat house to the actual ocean.

basemen dwelling incels aren't prepared for life at sea. this would be worse than when the niggers tried to live on top of that mountain

>Boats are financial black holes
If it's your house, it's not a black hole.
>Insurance
This is more about SHTF than pleasure sailing.
>Marinas
The idea is to not need them.

I'm not advocating this for everybody. If you're of a certain sort, this is a good option. Most people are lazy and complacent.
As for big storms, I know several people who rode out Katrina on their sailboats. It's scary, but it's perfectly doable. The guys in the Caribbean tend to drive the boats up into the mangroves and tie them off there.

Solarfoods.fi

With a boat big enough food will not be a problem with this tech.

^this. Owned a 32 foot Ericson sloop. Had the original atomic 4 engine still in it. Was a bitch to maintain.

So a pirate flotilla?

>Spacesteading
100 years out. Your grandkids may do this, if we don't all die in 2 years.

This is less retarded in some ways than the guys who think their 5.7 acre ranchette is going to be their bolthole for the zombie apocalypse. If wherever your house is goes to shit, now what? Whereas, if Florida goes kaput, maybe Cuba is better. Just pull anchor and go.
Also, due to space limitations on a boat, "you can't lose what you don't have."
A full wind/solar setup can be handled on a boat, because you don't need much electricity.

Retard flotilla... if I came across this while sailing I would use you as target practice...

Attached: 1658405450464841.jpg (640x480, 32.66K)

Not exactly what I was thinking about, but I'm also not opposed.

I do like how Any Forums gets the same two dozen "is coffee good for you" slide threads, and stuff like this just dies.

Holy fuck I actually know that is is a Nordic Folkboat.

Attached: 1653170495321.png (907x916, 820.62K)

>you can buy 300 gallons for under $10 in most areas
1000 gallons for $3.99 where I live
-t. Great Lakes master race