Old Worlders are Uneducated

It's honestly fucking hilarious how uneducated Old Worlders are about the New World. Like I can sit down with an Old Worlder and talk about their empires, their civilizations, their cultures, and languages. From the Cape of Good Hope up to Spitsbergen, from Ponta Delgada to Anadyr. Want to ask me about African history? Sure, let's talk. European writers? I'd love to. Asian statesmen? How much time do you have? THAT is what New worlders are like.

But then when I try to talk with Old Worlders about New World politics and history the conversation breaks down REAL FAST.

>Wha... who is José Gaspar Rodríguez de Francia? Wait... what's the Bolivian MNR? I've never heard of that? Can you slow down... what's the dirty war was it fought with mud? Wait... who is Kansas why was she bleeding? Okay... I'm a bit lost why did you say Empire of Brazil they were our colony, right? Wha... what the heck is Tlingit? Okay but for real... is Rafael Trujillo a soccer player?

We read your literature but most of you don't even know Ruben Darío or William Faulkner and I find it hilarious...

The fact of the matter is New Worlders can have an educated conversation about anywhere on earth while Old Worlders wouldn't know a fact about the new world if it slapped them in the face.

Attached: Americas_Köppen_Map.png (1096x1360, 520.02K)

Nobody cares.

I care

That's foolish.

And for that you are my friend. Respect to you!

>those US koppen clasifications
No real white person could live in them.

Why not?

Attached: Montana.jpg (1920x1232, 748.77K)

No honestly I know about some of the facts and historical figures you stated but it's not that interesting and significant to the world in comparison to rich and diverse European history, and I believe Chinese, Indian and others as well

That's because it's easier to follow a historical lineage in the Old World which makes it more appealing to study.

I know about the tlingit aka the fuegino indios with weird masks and bodypaint, ofc I know about the empire of Brazil, heard of Trujillo, I know who bolivar but not the mnr, i freely admit I don't k ow much about the rest though I do know some weird sparse factoids about the new world here and there

My friend you are always welcome because you love knowledge and trans-Oceanic brotherhood unlike:

What's the dirty war btw? I'm too lazy to Google it and I had never heard of it before

New worlders are either very smart or really fucking dull, at least here in the states.

I think Europe is probably suffering from too much pride, as subconsciously they still think they are absolute top dog. We do this too, but I don’t think as bad. It’s really shitty that we all will have to be lain low before we’re able to rise from the ashes but that’s probably what it’ll take. A society of broken, starving people do not have time to care about misgendering others

fpbp

I'll be honest.
I know many things about U.S. history, a bit about Canada and limited amounts about Mexico and the other new world countries.
I only know selected figures, and roughly the history of south american countries. I know about some political groups and conflicts, but not into detail.
Why? It's just not really relevant to europe besides the U.S.
Yes many things are interesting, but so are the things about our own history.
And you will have to say the same about americans, how many could answer your question, let alone explain che guevaras worldview correctly (he's like the most iconic south american of the last 100 years)?
You talked explicitly about persons or politics that were not relevant to europe (outside maybe spain) at all and you would probably not have specific knowledge about them, if you aren't heavy into the politics of the last 500 years of the continent.
Damn, most people here in europe won't be able to tell you about similiar european personalities or national movements that were outside their countries.
Just because you are really into this doesn't mean everyone is.

It was when the Military junta/Peronists were fighting a bunch of Marxist groups in Argentina. There were a ton of people disappeared by the government and terrorist attacks back and forth between the junta and the marxists. The Marxists coup'd Peron's wife who was then reinstalled but then was forced by the military to put in Videla who started killing the opposition.

Attached: Videla.png (318x419, 148.89K)

We need to start a movement of Old World/New World unity to learn history.

>Non turd-worlders have no idea about what happens in the turd world, nor do they care
Pretty weird flex, but cool.

>I have autism, therefore all Americans are like me.

The average amerimutt doesn't even know about their own country let alone anywhere else on the fucking planet, climb out of your arse and realise what a horseshit post you've just made.

Thank you m8, for some reason while we hear a lot about Pinochet historiography and popular culture seem to somewhat overlook Peron

based and truthpilled

It's all out there, the sad truth is, that nearly nobody cares though.
Most people don't even know their own countries history to a satisfactorial degree

Why are Brits always so mean

Massively exagerated number of "dissapeared" people. To the point they refuse to even argue about it and tried again and again to impose quasi "holocaust denial" laws here about doubting the sacred 30k number backed by no sources at all.