This is how much land we need to cover in solar panels to sustain the earth entirely

This is how much land we need to cover in solar panels to sustain the earth entirely.

Attached: main-qimg-90de6c543058158f42f688c95d5d9b4f-lq.jpg (602x376, 76.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insideenergy.org/2015/11/06/lost-in-transmission-how-much-electricity-disappears-between-a-power-plant-and-your-plug/
science.org/content/article/gravity-based-batteries-try-beat-their-chemical-cousins-winches-weights-and-mine-shafts
abc.net.au/news/science/2022-07-19/sand-battery-debuts-in-finland-world-first-heat-thermal-storage/101235514
scientificamerican.com/article/rechargeable-molten-salt-battery-freezes-energy-in-place-for-long-term-storage/
nextbigfuture.com/2018/07/breakthrough-could-triple-the-energy-collected-by-solar-to-60-efficiency.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That’s absolutely fucking gigantic.

yep give them solar fields so they can stay where they belong to

So ask your corporate masters to do it while you take next homocommie orders slave.

what about when the sun sets?

i don't believe you

did you know that during the hottest day in the uk the solar panels weren't working and uk had to beg for energy from belgium ?

OK. Do it? Seems like an easy buy for the world to pitch in on when our rulers can find ways to spend literal trillions of dollars that have no effect on the world.

Attached: 1657900553056.png (300x300, 119K)

Uh-huh...
Still gonna roll coal on fags n troons.

Reminder that solar panels will never generate the amount of energy that was expended to produce, deliver and install them.

Batteries the size of countries.

Also just run 6.000.000 gWh cables across the planet bruh.

proper solar installations should have cooling systems too
you go to sleep dummy

>This is how much land we need to cover in solar panels to sustain the earth entirely.
promise that you will undust each and every solar panel personally by yourself

that will definitely attract the ayys

Put them in orbit.

this is false. true for shitty cheapo photovoltaics maybe. CSP with big cheap thermal storage is the future

>Batteries the size of countries.
I don't think we have the lithium for that
but if we did when does it become more efficient to make bombs to harvest energy from instead of batteries

and you'd lose all the power through transmission loss
insideenergy.org/2015/11/06/lost-in-transmission-how-much-electricity-disappears-between-a-power-plant-and-your-plug/

>hire a bunch of niggers to clean the dirt daily
>they accidentally fry themselves
>power plant fails due to crispy niggers

Attached: 1649011919983.jpg (525x295, 41.1K)

solar thermal would work, since it just uses mirrors to beam sunlight at a water tower to boil it for steam instead of photovoltaics
but it's unreliable and compared to nuclear it's small time

Lots and lots of dead migrational bird species

Wrong. Solar is not 100% efficient, not 60%, not even 30% but below 20% efficient. That area is nowhere near enough.

Attached: 1520975800355.png (1024x576, 53.34K)

So one Switzerland sized array could power the world during daytime.
Could you calculate the costs in dollars and in rare metals? And the maintenance cost, with the expected lifetime?
The good part is Africans cannot blow the whole shit up in one go, it would require sustained artillery strikes for a long time to completely destroy that monstrousity.

This and
>No sun, no energy
>too much sun, no energy
You can't win with these pieces of shit

Reminder that solar panels require physical silver.
Which is being depleted by the day.

Attached: silver_sale.jpg (1756x1945, 937.58K)

Not smart to put the country's power in a single location

>lithium
isn't suitable for large batteries, I dont think we'll be using them for EVs for much longer either

gravity/sand/salt/water batteries are better for large scale power storage
science.org/content/article/gravity-based-batteries-try-beat-their-chemical-cousins-winches-weights-and-mine-shafts

abc.net.au/news/science/2022-07-19/sand-battery-debuts-in-finland-world-first-heat-thermal-storage/101235514

scientificamerican.com/article/rechargeable-molten-salt-battery-freezes-energy-in-place-for-long-term-storage/

Too bad energy is lost due to resistance in wires for each unit distance and from heat, not to mention the hottest temperatures on earth of the Sahara desert means the electronics of the solar panels are barely working at all. A solar farm of that size in that location would mean you're providing electricity to about 5 niggers who don't have anything that runs off of electricity anyway.

>inb4 "I'm just showing a relative size area on an arbitrary location, it doesn't have to be in Algeria!"

I'm sure you chose Algeria because the angle of incident ray is very low throughout the year due to its proximity to the equator. Finding places to put an equal amount of area of solar panels that has just as much direct sunlight throughout the day, isn't a sweltering hellhole, and near civilization to utilize that power is impossible and would use a lot more area. And that's just at today's average level of power comsumption, not accounting for growth.

nextbigfuture.com/2018/07/breakthrough-could-triple-the-energy-collected-by-solar-to-60-efficiency.html

I once suggested a planet wide grid, the sun always shines on half of the planet. Technically possible but humans are what they are so it will be a long time before we put our differences aside, if ever.

How do we export that energy out of the fucking Sahara? How do we get the infrastructure to build those solar farms into the fucking Sahara?

would it be affected by the impending grand solar minimum?

One football size field in each neighboorhood

They work fine here year long and we get uk "heatwave" temperatures for the whole summer

Ah yes, the old Solyndra ruse you probably aren't old enough to remember. Not falling for that shit. We had 8 straight years investing billions for absolutely nothing, solarfags get the rope with their kike masters.

Attached: 1538077576006.jpg (500x632, 42.05K)

Only a brain damaged leftist would think this could work, it would never work

solar panels wear out in a couple years.

high-voltage power lines, hydrogen conversion
>how make infrastructure
ofc a nigger asks how one make road

>framing it as if it's some kind of universal human issue to overcome, when it's closer to the fact that every single panel in a shitskin country would get stolen and sold for scrap within a month

Yes, that would be true if the energy could be transferred from there to the whole world with perfect efficiency.

What do you suggest? don't be a greta

this picture is a lie

Nuclear. Done.

nothing to do with solyndra, perhaps you'd actually try and read the article instead of your old talking points

Even if you were to cover those territories with solar panels, the problem is not energy itself, but the storage of energy.
There are no efficient mechanism for energy storage so far, perhaps extracting salt water to create large scale thermal storage, but that would be expensive.

nuclear is good, but we need idiotproof reactors to cope with gen z workers

It will have to be a high DC voltage because over very large distances, the capacitive losses would be too high. Yes DC conversion losses are a factor too but once you reach a certain threshold of miles, DC is the way to go.

Sure for the next century or so, but we need longer term solutions. Don't give me the "not my problem as I'll be dead" reply. Nuclear waste is still an issue.