Is "travelling the world" just a meme or is genuinely a good, worthwile life changing experience...

Is "travelling the world" just a meme or is genuinely a good, worthwile life changing experience? Why does it seem like normies are obsessed with it?

Attached: solo-travel-backpack-tips.jpg (700x500, 53.25K)

yes

Attached: 22DB8343-EAA2-4251-8D19-008B8A2B1001.jpg (1242x1394, 358.85K)

Well if you think THA JOOS! are behind every corner you probably wouldn’t enjoy it user. For everyone else traveling is a great way to see shit you would normally never experience and meet people who’s lives are vastly different than yours

Living in another country with the locals can give you both some respect for them but more importantly give you a feeling of true belonging with your real culture. Like that scene in the Sopranos with Paulie going to Italy but comes back prouder to be in New Jersey instead.
As for just tourism, no. It's fake. You need to gather moss by staying in one place for months, like Chesterton said.
“In the heated idleness of youth we were all rather inclined to quarrel with the implication of that proverb which says that a rolling stone gathers no moss. We were inclined to ask, "Who wants to gather moss, except silly old ladies?" But for all that we begin to perceive that the proverb is right. The rolling stone rolls echoing from rock to rock; but the rolling stone is dead. The moss is silent because the moss is alive.”
― G.K. Chesterton

I think its a meme. I only had to travel a little bit to figure out its all rocks, bugs, and sticks everywhere you go. The people are often dirty and most places aren’t safe.

You are not White, probably a defcon 1 mystery meat
Pictures on Google don’t compare to the feeling of sat on a snowmobile with icicles in your beard looking up at the northern lights in Finland.

Or navigating and falling into a river whilst seeking out wild elephants in the forests of Cambodia in 40 degree temperatures.

Or going to Las Vegas with friends to see what really happens there with your own eyes.

Cool if you don’t want to travel but it think you’re missing out on so much and sheltering yourself

Whiter than you, normalfag. Save your faggy travel blog for the holes.

No, especially not for us because everyone hates Americans. Foreigners are rude and will try to take advantage of you and rip you off. Any cool place worth going will be flooded with tourists and make you wish you stayed home. Also, the food is a hit or miss; each time it misses, you gotta reconcile in your mind you just payed a shit ton of money for a crappy meal you could make better in your own kitchen. Travel is an atheistic meme adapted by women who deny that having children was actually what they wanted, so instead they cope by pretending to “love to travel” with all the money they saved.

Your Canadian your opinion is moot here.

Normie escapism fantasy.

No, you should never leave your mom's basement.

The exotic cock carousel, literally nothing more than that. Any woman into "traveling" is a massive whore.

>upper middle class whites thinking they're becoming "cultured" by staying in expensive hotels and avoiding the local brown population as much as possible
>instagram posts for attention
>"omg the locals like.. have so little, but yet, they seem so happy"

it's fun and you make lots of good friends and have sex and experience new things
literally only incels are against travel

Attached: vG2SO2iC_400x400[1].jpg (400x400, 40.54K)

>its all rocks, bugs, and sticks everywhere you go
try leaving canada next time.

>t. went to paris once and has never left muttland again

It’s good rest for the brain. Walking and low-stimuli periods are good for the brain.

Besides that? I doubt it. I don’t think it’s the traveling per se that is beneficial, but the low-stress walking, curiosity, and engagement in the environment.

A prison psychologist once told me to become an aimless drifter.

First of all, modern tools like cars and airplanes ruined travel, the status of travelers and the entire concept of adventure.
Right now, if you want to go to some strange new place, you take an airplane to over there and get off.
What was once a long and arduous journey to reach a mystical, remote place like India or Tibet is now just a plane ticket and a 7 hour flight away.
Because of this, many once exotic countries were flooded by tourists and the locals started to form increasingly negative opinions about all of them.
Before they would have welcomed a person from a far-off land, an exotic wanderer who faced the many dangers of the world. They would give him some food and a place to sleep cause he's interesting.
Now, their countries are flooded with foreigners and they're not nearly such impressive specimens. They're fat and litter everywhere or they're these pathetic hippies without any real world experience.
The countries adapted to these tourists by offering all sorts of tourist traps and scams, and wealthy western tourists keep falling for them.

None of these people are impressive, neither the sellers nor the buyers. These pathetic individuals with jobs as social media influences or whatever, who earn more money then anyone reasonably should.
They use that money to guarantee themselves safety and comfort when they travel abroad. They sleep in luxurious hotels that the locals cannot even afford and eat the most impressive meals of the land.
Then they take a bus to some point of interest, get off, walk for 30 minutes, take a lot of pictures, go back on the bus, do it a couple more times and that's pretty much it.
They'll go home and post the pics and claim that they now know something of the world, that they're adventurers on par with the men who traveled the silk road or sailed the seas in wooden galleons.

Adventure nowadays is officially a larp. You aren't doing something sensible in your age, no, you are pretending to be like your ancestors. It's all fake

Attached: 22734692874368923.jpg (2327x2980, 984.47K)

sounds like a job security scam.

Woman trait

bike or on foot is best.

Have the normies you know changed after traveling?

Because they've never experienced the world, or anything outside of the 5 mile radius of where they were born. It's all the same wherever you go.

It used to be the best, but like I said, it was ruined by normies and human greed.
Do you know that most of the bridges in the modern world can't even be crossed on foot? You have to be in a car if you want to cross over.
Istanbul has like 3 bridges crossing the Bosporus and none of them allow pedestrians to cross over to the other side. It's a car-centric world we live in.
Not to mention how in any city you're assaulted by salesmen trying to get you to buy their junk if you're on foot.

makes you more racist but with a basis

honestly it's better to free up your time and own assets/land and be able to fuck off into the woods. who cares about seeing a bunch of retarded nigger faggots in different cultures if it isn't your own desire? i'll take a stroll in the park with my dog over traveling the world anyday

Attached: dog-webb-piss-telescope.jpg (1212x681, 227.75K)

Well at least you can redpill normies about shithole countries and their inhabitants

hitchhikked through 30 countries can confirm

Depends on the type of world traveling. Visiting mega cities is hardly a life changing. The Atlas Obscura has some interesting destinations.

good thing about bike or foot is that you're rarely in places which are the way you describe. out in the real world most people are still interested, if not outright surprised, to see an unfamiliar kind of face. yeah istanbul. its worth a visit i suppose. didn't have any trouble riding across two of those bridges you mentioned. on was a bit busy though. the ferry is much nicer and costs nothing.

Imagine the smell.

I've been to 10 different countries and I've seen more unique sites between the states within the US than I've seen in different hemispheres, and I didn't have to worry about getting beheaded by the local insurgents.