Invasive insect formerly known as 'murder hornet' gets new name

>The "murder hornet" is no more. At least, its name is gone.
>The Entomological Society of America and the Entomological Society of Canada have adopted a new name for the murder hornet, also known as the Asian giant hornet, saying "the usage of 'Asian' in the name of a pest insect can unintentionally bolster anti-Asian sentiment" especially "amid a rise in hate crimes and discrimination against people of Asian descent."
>Chris Looney, entomologist at the Washington State Department of Agriculture, authored the name change proposal, saying that the previous common name of the species, scientifically called Vespa mandarinia, "is at best a neutral and uninformative adjective, potentially a distraction from more salient characters of the organism, and at worst a racist trope."
>"I don't want my Asian American or Pacific Islander colleagues, friends and family to have any negative connotations with invasive or pest species that might be used against them in a negative way," ESA President Jessica Ware said.

amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/07/26/world/murder-hornet-new-name-scn/index.html

It's time to update science to reflext our current social attitudes. Those who do not comply should and will be cancelled.

Attached: 220726132654-01-murder-hornet-file-super-169.jpg (1100x619, 51.66K)

Alright I'll call them nigger bees

It’s the Asian murder hornet and that’s what it will remain. Fuck these people.

Because normies are fucking idiots and the media exploits this flaw for ratings. MURDER HORNETS omg omg omg

thank god. Still waiting on them to get rid of the racist name for "Africanized Bees", has ridiculous connotations that African has some link with violence.

It'll probably get renamed back once they figure out blacks are the cause of the Asian hate

Is that bee holding a tool?

This is like renaming Pitbulls into Dindogs.

Attached: images (4).jpg (262x193, 7.37K)

Have you seen these fucking things? I have. They’re enormous.

Damn that nigger murder bee even has a built in antenna

Were fucked

I've known about them years ago before they were discovered in N.America

It impaled itself with a pin. Rather than accept capture or defeat, it committed honorable ritual suicide, which is a common Asian custom.

What a looney

Half of them are native to north America,

I remember catching "cicada killers" as a kid and getting into fights over some one calling it a "queen bee" or a "queen wasp"

sort of, it's clutching the needle that was stabbed through its abdomen.

Attached: ff7e-shinra-killed.jpg (1920x1080, 207.48K)

I call them Snuggle Bugs, but then again I am a faggot with both Monkey Pox and AIDS.

wokies catching on we've been calling gooks bugmen?

Attached: 1655008311938.webm (640x360, 202.35K)

>abdomen
meant thorax not abdomen either way you get the point

Unless you were a kid 2-3 years ago, you're talking about a different species. Asian giant hornets have only recently come to north america.

no you didn't, murder hornets are fresh off the boat

"The Asian Murder Hornets" would make a great band name, but they would probably play shitty prog-rock.

European Hornets are bigger than the average wasp, so a lot of people get scared and confused and attribute that to the Mandarin, but yes this is a more recent development.

t. Hornet enthusiast.

Attached: download (5).jpg (259x194, 11.81K)

had one of these fuckers fly through the window right at me last year. within elbow distance.
practically broke a toe n the door frame insta-noping out of the room.

> the helmet falling
Kek it's like a looney toon cartoon

Does China have Looney Tunes physics or what? All of these .webms of zany accidents in China look cartoonish and surreal. It makes no sense. Things just blow up or happen in a way that looks like it’s straight out of a Wile E. Coyote bit.

Look at picrel. How the fuck does this shit even happen? Is it standard practice for Chinese phones to have fucking flamethrowers in them as a feature? It looks like a classic Wile E. Coyote disaster where he opens up a new package from Acme Co. and it blows up in his face.

If a bugman walks off a cliff, will he keep walking in mid-air, look down, realize that there’s nothing beneath him, then suddenly drop with a whistling sound before hitting the ground and creating a smoke cloud and impact crater? I don’t even know at this point.

Attached: 1620658237749.webm (1280x720, 2.03M)

Honestly makes me want to visit. just to stand about filming them for a few days getting eaten by streets, escalators, buildings and whatever other meme deathtraps they have in abundance.

Another victory over reality. Another victory for the Left

Right wing retards are weak men who pretend to be strong. All you can do is cry, whine and seethe, because you are POWERLESS to stop the world WE create.

Every organization has one of us.

Permanent victory!!!!!!

>European colonizer hornet