If there were a city stuck in the 80's or 90's

Would you want to move there? Laws & ordnances could include things like:
>cell phones illegal (pagers ok), cell towers forbidden
>pay phones everywhere
>internet throttled to 56k, maybe lower
>satellite illegal
>nightly programming comes from a local tower that simulates 90's style newscasts and shows
>social media accounts banned
>landline phones only
>music records, tapes and CDs only
You get the idea. All post-90's (or maybe 80's) tech is outlawed. Everyone lives a slower more deliberate life without all the screens, unlimited information, social media etc.

Let's pretend for a moment that this idea is feasible and there are no workarounds.

Would you want to live in 80's-ville? Assume it has schools, police, firefighters, all the jobs you would see in a city from the era.

Attached: aB319mZ_460s.jpg (460x719, 77.19K)

instantly

would demographics be 80's themed?

Attached: 1651082991116.jpg (599x768, 58.58K)

>City stuck in 80s
that's North Korea bro

Sign me up

chair kid is climaxing

I would move here right away,

YES BUT ONLY IF IT IS WHITES ONLY

This

It's pre-bodycam for cops

Attached: 1658710042866273m.jpg (813x1024, 101.58K)

I'm wondering if cost of living would be expected to be greater or less than the rest of the country.
>no Uber eats
>no door dash
>blockbuster to rent movies
>theater does a huge business
>people actually play sports to pass the time, parks are essential

Do you honestly believe darkies of any type would volunteer to live in the 90s? Without their phones they are completely lost.

Me on the couch back there.

id be happy if we could just end TV and "web 2.0"

Do we get windows xp or is 98 as far as it goes?

Anyone autistic enough to identify what's on the monitor?

yeah sure, i grew up with that anyway and dont need the modern faceberg tiktok and what not

The problem with nostalgia is that when it was the 90's, all of this shit was new and the best of the best.
Living in a fake 90's world, listening to fake 90's music would just be a cheap imitation, and intentionally limiting our potential.
It would never be as good as the 90's, because we'd never reach that level of innovation that made it good. You would just be waiting around for better videogame graphics, faster internet, and a PC you could carry in your pocket.

k. where do i sign up?

wtf is with the kid on the couch, like is he just so overwhelmed that he is stroking out?

Sure 1890s…

Buy a Pentium III on Kijiji and install Windows 98SE.
The easy part is getting old software to work.
The hard part is getting replicating the culture of 90's internet. That culture is dead, MSN Messenger, myspace, ICQ... all forgotten relics...
:(

I miss those days.... they'll never come back.

epic software too intense for him

>this is literally me

Attached: 1658712180548457.jpg (208x98, 6.5K)

that's a tough one. I hate all cities, however it's possible that I would do it, if I could go back to 92

Attached: GOBOTS.jpg (480x352, 38.35K)

I would want to move wherever that pic is, minus the nigger and the spic.

No the entire point is everyone around me is limited too. I want a mobile phone free city.

Love the idea, and, yes I would move there in a moment.