Hey Any Forums, do I wash my rice?

Hey Any Forums, do I wash my rice?

Redpill me on rice washing please.

Attached: 55514CB6-752B-4F9B-B2A8-48F44B9152C0.jpg (1200x630, 136.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26515534/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My mom did so I do. She makes the best rice. Mine is okay.

You have to wash the grains one by one otherwise it's just a soup of toxins.

Just run it through the dishwasher.

I was told washing rice makes it less nutritious and makes your immune system weaker.

checked, mason user

Soak it for a couple of hours, rinse the water whenever the starches are released to the point the water is cloudy. You'll have super fluffy rice as long as you don't overcook it.

Not like that picture at all fag. In the pot you are going to cook it in. You fill it with water and run your fingers through it roughly for a while and then pour the cloudy starchy water out over the side. Then do this again and again until the water is clear.

it removes the starch. yes, nigger

Real chad bleach their rice incel

No health benefits but it really improves the texture where it’s less dense and starchy. I prefer washed for better texture

If you live in the US you don't have to. Outside the US they do it because they have bugs and shit in there, that's not a problem here

Washing off the starch keeps the rice from sticking together.

Seconded! Also, you are aware you wash it before cooking and not after, right OP?

Still contains arsenic (naturally) and pesticides.

I think one reason people used to do this is because talc (that's right, mother fucking talc) was mixed in with the rice. I'm not Asian so I don't know what other reasons there are for washing rice. It would suck to do that because I already avoid tap water.

Washing is done in 3rd world countries because their rice is full of bugs and even worse pesticides you'll find in America
This ironically undoes the niacin enrichment and causes niacin deficiency in poor places
>Rinsing rice before cooking has a minimal effect on the arsenic (As) content of the cooked grain, but washes enriched iron, folate, thiamin and niacin from polished and parboiled rice. Cooking rice in excess water efficiently reduces the amount of As in the cooked grain.
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26515534/
First worlders eat brown rice and don't wash it

Attached: 1656824170017.webm (640x854, 1.81M)

Depends on what you cook.

Yes. Always.

>Still contains arsenic (naturally)
It depends. Usually it's American rice with the high arsenic content, but sometimes imported Asian rice has it too. You can't wash the arsenic away.

low IQ American, it's to remove the starch and give a superior, fluffy, end result.

I prefer sticky rice.

>nigger hands
>inb4 muh just stock image
nigger

I've heard that washing the rice removes some of the starch. I've also heard that dishes like risotto need that starch. So it seems to be good depending on what you are cooking.

Attached: FVtmWvpWUAA6KKj.jpg (1200x1200, 236.65K)

comes from a non white country, wash it twice. Grandpas rules

You put the rice in a bowl, fill it up with water, stir it, pour out the dirty water, refill it with clean water, let it stand for some hours and then pour out the water again.

The soil is so fucked up that it no longer grows rice with vitamins and shit, so companies have to spray that shit onto the rice these days.

Washing rice washes away those vitamins they spray onto the rice and all you are left with is just filler shit.

Well, that is if you believe all that vitamin shit.

this is what I do

that pic was obviously not made on a phone

The heat from the rice won't cook the egg if you wash it.

That's a reason you might wash rice but it's really because there's dirt and weevils in Asian rice. If you don't wash your rice in China they'll think it's gross but not because it's not as fluffy

It's more of a hassle in the pot and easier and washes better with a strainer like in OP's pic. You just run your hand rough through the rice in the strainer while the water is pouring into it. The dirty water goes into the sink and you do that until it's clear.

Throw 3d waifu in the jacuzzi.
/Thread
/Herbs

It depends what country you are in. The USA doesn't have dirty rice that needs to be washed.

>The soil is so fucked up that it no longer grows rice with vitamins and shit, so companies have to spray that shit onto the rice these days.
Nope, they have the vitamins but they're removed when they turn brown rice into white rice
It makes the rice last longer, but the hull/bran/germ are where a bunch of the nutrients are

Fuck you gook.

SEXO!!

Just put it in a bowl of cold water and mix it about a d leave it for ten minutes or so, emptying the rice into a strainer. It just makes the rice less sticky

Sjre, lol.
Afterall I have to conserve data, and must do somefuckingthing!

Take rice.
Place rkce in strainer, like one in picture wash.
Then place in pot, wash, soak, wash, soak, wash untill water is clear, drain rice.
Leave it on a strainer, let the water drain well, place it on a baking sheet in the oven, wait for ten fifteen minutes, depends on heat, if rice turns black its plastic.
If it's white, take it out, if it metled even a bit its plastic even if its not black.
Remove it toss it, lol!

If its rice, then I dont know how to make it properly, but you only asked about washing, safety tips were the bonus! ;)