What are some traps that smart people often fall into but dumber people wouldn't?

What are some traps that smart people often fall into but dumber people wouldn't?

Attached: FKu0vnjXEAIDwoL.jpg (1661x1443, 243.24K)

CHAINLINK

Attached: d58.jpg (400x386, 21.26K)

Inbreeding?

believing in higher values and thinking most ppl have common sense

Extortion

Bottled "spring" water
"Healing" mineral hot springs
Nu age spirit crystals
Flat earth theory
Dude weed

Smart people thinking they are smart and when they actually midwits.
>200iq barrier

Attached: 9C6A2FA2-7DF5-4D7D-BD85-86FB31986767.jpg (640x464, 62.92K)

I have some lack of imagination seeing intelligent people falling for flat earth unironically.

opening their mouth

Bottled Water tastes different. I always buy a specific brand because I like the taste.

Not breeding
Not realizing that a system like the police might not be full of smart people but it's played the game so many times that the it has seen nearly all the smart tricks more than once.

I piss in your springs. well water is way better since the soil filters the led and piss. You stupid niggers didn’t find out about plastic micro particulates, until i posted it on 4chins where plastic defragmentation occurs.
.t reverse osmosis ocean water king

Attached: 63483283-DA03-4D18-BE7D-4979D55BE325.jpg (900x900, 60.78K)

College.
Specifically, going to college for an education. College is meant to network you with everyone who has a future in that field, and you are supposed to leverage that. It's why there are college parties - not so you can hang out, but so you can get dirt on rivals, and use that dirt to get openings into the same career as them. If you are going to college, never go to parties, and just study, you have done it wrong. You can learn that material anywhere - having access to all those people is what you are paying for.

>What are some traps that smart people often fall into but dumber people wouldn't?
there are none

>CHAINLINK
>believing in higher values and thinking most ppl have common sense
>Bottled "spring" water
>"Healing" mineral hot springs
>Nu age spirit crystals
>Flat earth theory
>Dude weed
if you believe any of that you are not a smart human, therefore it is outside of the question

>Not breeding
>Not realizing that a system like the police might not be full of smart people but it's played the game so many times that the it has seen nearly all the smart tricks more than once.
the police recruitement scheme uses IQ tests to prevent anyone who scores above 90 from becoming a cop

there are no smart people in the police, first of all smart people would NEVER apply to become a police officer, the only people who do that are low intelligence resentful sadists who want to go on powertrips, second of all, any of the medium intelligence people that do try to join are imediately directed to become investigators rather than cops, only the lowest of the low, the scum of the scum joins the ranks of a police force

Attached: 1658468152715285.webm (502x720, 2.8M)

I like this quote from The Name of the Rose
>Bacon believed in the strength, the needs, the spiritual inventions
of the simple. He wouldn’t have been a good Franciscan if he hadn’t thought that the poor, the
outcast, idiots and illiterate, often speak with the mouth of our Lord. The simple have something
more than do learned doctors, who often become lost in their search for broad, general laws. The
simple have a sense of the individual, but this sense, by itself is not enough. The simple grasp a truth
of their own, perhaps truer than that of the doctors of the church, but then they destroy it in
unthinking actions. What must be done? Give learning to the simple? Too easy, or too difficult. The
Franciscan teachers considered this problem. The great Bonaventure said that the wise must
enhance conceptual clarity with the truth implicit in the actions of the simple. ...”

The biggest underlying problem is that smart people are a lot more prone to falling for some grand unifying theories that purport to explain everything and anything, and then said person uses that pet theory as a lens to view everything through, severely narrowing their perspective and limiting understanding.

Read that book years ago but that passage clearly didn't stick with me

>put off dating until you're 'ready for it'
Terrible advice, no one is ever ready for it, socializing is best done early and often. Fuck prudish boomers for pushing this.
>do what your parents say they know best
Your parents only care about checking off life goals unless they're buying you a car and got their friend to get you a job they don't give a fuck, so you shouldn't give a fuck.

>is what you are paying for
No retard that's just a side effect and only matters if you go to the right school. Stop trying to rationalize a nigger broken system.

•Addiction and self destructive behaviour in general
•Giving up on projects and goals out of boredom
It all boils down to them needing a higher amount of intellectual stimulus all the time.

On the other hand, a lot of smart people fall into the trap of thinking being smart equates to being knowledgeable and wise and end up with a megalomaniacal saviour complex.

Questioning traditional wisdom. Sometimes it's good but when you start questioning everything you get some really wacky shit (e.g. trannies). Not everything is a social construct, and some social constructs need to stay the way they are