My mom keeps telling me I need to negotiate my starting salary if I get an offer tomorrow. She is a boomer though...

My mom keeps telling me I need to negotiate my starting salary if I get an offer tomorrow. She is a boomer though. Do people still do this in 2022? I have autism so Im not sure how Ill do that.

Attached: puzzle.png (514x517, 7.44K)

Oh so I start playing chess and I see a chessboard huh? Glowies don’t intimidate me I stand for Christ and Christ only and if that sends me to the gulag then so be it

looks like draw to me, but its 5 am here

must be a black- to-move puzzle

easy one... b-h2 check forces white to accept a draw... if not white loses queen for bishop and black gets a queen

Yes. Look up what your job is going for in your area (ie. glassdoor). If you have no prior experience just ask for that. If you have additional experience you bring to them then ask for higher. Simple as.

black move it's a draw, huwyte move can win

not sure, but helps to have another offer in hand, or say I have another interview will let you know

Get some coffee fren. Checked but it's also checkmate White.

Queen takes b8, King takes b8
Rook takes b4,

Yes. Negotiate. Ask for 10% more and/or a hiring bonus and/or more time off or other benefits.
I have hired hundreds of people.

Attached: 1651364283831.jpg (1024x768, 80.96K)

Trips don't lie

Attached: Hit2Hard.png (500x547, 305.43K)

Retards, it's a stalemate if its black to move. So white has to make black move. Just sacrifice queen for bishop, gobble pawns and push to victory.

Whose move is it? If Black, there is stalemate, if white, mate is still possible. Plan accordingly.

Attached: AD3523E7-3593-4087-A210-989276576907.jpg (1024x952, 133.95K)

If you have two turns I would start at a million.

Literally the only thing they can say is nope.
Don't be afraid of seeming greedy. They don't work for shit salaries, neither should you.

black to move is just draw, white to move just wins by queen taking bishop and not trapping enemy king (there is probably more elegant way)

Kek take your meds

Sac that bitch

Don’t do it op, it is critically important for spineless cowards to do most of the work so I can get paid more to slack off.

Yes you absolutely should. They are willing to pay more, they just want you to be submissive and take what they offer first

Lmfao it's no way close to a draw you stupid nigger, a draw is making three moves where the board is the same.

what exactly does black move? idiots

Based schizo.

Negotiations only work if you have leverage, theres no leverage in entry level work

Attached: board (3).gif (720x720, 252.48K)

If you have more than one offer yes. If not then no.

rook to c3, pawn takes rook c3
queen takes pawn c3
next move is mate no matter what queen to c6

if black doesnt take the rook on c3 then black pawn to b3 (only move)
queen to d4
bishop any dark square it can move doesnt matter
queen to d5 mate

If you dont have a job now then dont negotiate. Wait till you have some money in the bank. Then go try to negotiate the price of a candy bar at a 7-11 and see how that feels for you. Then imagine that magnified exponentially.

another idiot who doesn't know basic rules of chess

Is this Loss?

Qh7 is more direct, with mate coming on b7

Rule 1 of negotiation: always understand your own leverage.

You should typically only try to negotiate a salary if:
>1) you are able and willing to lose the offer if the company doesn't want to negotiate,
>2) you have other higher offers in hand that you can point to and say "here's what other companies are willing to pay," and
>3) they are offering you under industry average for your experience and you can prove it.

Qf7, black moves bishop, white moves qb7, checkmate

Food for thought. You could make a stink and get a higher salary, maybe say 10% more. But you are instantly the “overpaid” guy. On the other hand if you don’t negotiate, you are the “underpaid “ guy and you are almost immune to being fired. You can slack off and if your boss thinks about firing you he will instantly remember that it will cost more to fill your role.

>listening to any woman
Dont worry, you were never gonna make it.

what exactly does black move?
signing off the draw result, gook.

>Professional shitposter a lot million per yer.

Attached: 1658352265344277.jpg (500x817, 143.7K)

Say you deserve 1$ more than the offering salary.

you can do it, but both my job offers were for 20k+ over my expected salary so i did not negotiate

except i did use my old job's excellent bennies as a bargaining point" "i'm giving up union representation and a pension for this, let's hear what you have to offer instead"

If white to move, must sacrifice queen, take bishop. Otherwise stalemate

It doesn't matter, thats the beauty of this game.

>black moves bishop
Bc7 :P

my mom said the same shit to me before I took my current position. Glad I didn't listen, it could have cost me my dream job. I've got 3 raises since starting and bonuses that equal more than what some make in a year.
If there is not a known salary walking in, suggest what you would like but that you are open to hear offers.

Qxb ch, kxq, rxp ch, then wk can take p at leisure

Black has no move you retard. QxB-KxQ is the chad variation.

Then qe8+

Qh7 is just mate in 3, everything wins but I ain't got time for rook and king checkmates.

Black doesn't have a legal move, so it's a stalemate, aka a draw.

This is a good thing in negotiations...

don't know what you do, but as far as the tech industry, the offer is almost never rescinded if you negotiate, whereas if you do so, you have a chance at getting higher pay. up to you, though

ignore, obviously my eyes need testing, my initial queen's move was illegal, however with appropriate jockeying around with the queen in rank 7 and 8 would lead to mate

qe4 you meant

Agreed, that's fastest victory, black can do nothing

Bishop h2

black can go b7

not everyone can "negotiate" its a talent AND FRANKLY I dont think you got what it takes to be a negotiator

Don't take any shit from these cocksuckers.

no it can't?

Black to move: Stalemate.
White to move: Queen to C8.

>Black wins again,

Attached: 1658351067214586.jpg (357x355, 21.73K)

Just remember for younger people with little health problems and a low risk job cash is better than benefits or 401k. Freedom and flexibility of higher pay is better than money locked into insurance and retirement plans or stocks.

which is a stalemate

Yes, OP. If you're salaried you need to negotiate.
If you don't have any other job prospects and are new to the field, really want that position, etc, just take what they offer. Keep in mind that companies have a salary band and almost exclusively offer the lowest dollar unless you're --
a: Highly experienced
a: Highly educated
b: Highly connected
c: Highly in demand
Sidenote, I have never successfully negotiated an hourly wage in my technical career, but have successfully negotiated every salary/raise in my professional career.
What did you interview for?

Yeah. Some starting jobs have a starting salary window. Get the top of it by asking for more than their cap.

Lol black can’t move without checking themselves

>next move is mate no matter what queen to c6
But they move bishop and king has b8? Queen to C8 would be mate no?

Stupid schizo glowie. Making fun of schizos is no funny