Some quotes from the text:

Some quotes from the text:

“ are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived.”

“ Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms.”

“ Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost.”

“ Our behavior is different. How often have you seen a headline like this?--TWO DIE ATTEMPTING RESCUE OF DROWNING CHILD. If a man gets lost in the mountains, hundreds will search and often two or three searchers are killed. But the next time somebody gets lost just as many volunteers turn out.
Poor arithmetic, but very human. It runs through all our folklore, all human religions, all our literature--a racial conviction that when one human needs rescue, others should not count the price.”

“ To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster.”

Sci-fi, especially sci-fi from the Cold War era, is massively important as political commentary. I highly advise anyone that hasn’t read this book to pick it up. The movie is great too, but the book is pretty much a different animal.

Anyone else have sci-fi moves that they regard as great political commentary?

I’ll post some more book covers to bump this.

Attached: C3FC09A1-2FEB-472C-8528-28B5876ADED2.jpg (948x1529, 84.31K)

Have my bump, fellow citizen.

Attached: 1632564802108.png (1168x754, 27.49K)

the book is always better than the movie

Yeah cool book report you fuckin nerd

Checked and bumped. Love the movie, just good filmmaking and fun. I understand the satirical nature of it. But the book is a bleeding heart appeal to the idea that service should be a gateway to citizenship. That only those who have done something to contribute, should be entrusted to participate in government. A great idea and a truly superior system to the current US system. I think Heinlein originally intended the book to be a glorification of military service and the peak of that glory is the military NCO. But he hit on a much deeper theme with human nature.

you missed the best one:
"Something given has no value"

Attached: EFA21B31-012D-4CF6-8E87-7B14C0482B37.jpg (264x385, 69.56K)

bump

elysium
angel cop
the matrix
the animatrix
ghost in the shell
deus ex (FPS and RPG elements are simple enough to have sort of a movie experience IMO)

>are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived.”

unfortunately the cager overclass uses this as justification for using violence as a policing model, which is Babylon levels of fucked up. if you had to pinpoint a virtue from which all authority is derived, it would be innocence.

2002 director's commentary of the movie, aided by notes from the writer reveal that is a satirical take on authority and definitely an antifa movie.
Anyone who thinks this is based must understand that it was meant to laugh at you for this very reason.

Cagers use that qoute unironically

>I’ll post some more book covers to bump this.
1pbtid

Matrix - Co-opted by the Wachowskis' own mental issues, soon to be used as an allegory for transgenderism
>Deus ex- pozzed franchise, which while it has a cool story and thought provoking conversations- it's essentially a mockery of common theories relating to governments and ruling classes controlling society, the games all approach this issue by framing the player as one of the "good guys" despite the entire timeframe of events is constantly manipulated and the variables are changed so that the powers the player is accountable to- is simply on the same side as the globalists/cabal of elites.

>movie though!
He's posting about the book you illiterate faggot.

>aided by notes from the writer
and I'm illiterate lmao

Great movie and the book was a fucking classic. Heinlein drops a lot of truth.

predditor spacing
1pbtid

I'd be a better thread if you asked what we should adopt from Heinlein.

The book is different from the movie.

Leftists have a misguided view on reality. They can make something satirizing the right and end up making the right seem based beyond belief. Picrelated

Attached: trumpsupporteraccordingtotheleft.png (840x473, 382.64K)

What should we adopt from Heinlein?

>based on a true story