Global Inflation and Recession

How has it impacted you in your country?

Which food items have you seen have the largest price increase?

Attached: food_inflation.webm (540x960, 1.97M)

>Which
All. Everything is completely insane.

Everything is more expensive but I guess I noticed it especially for coffee. The inflation hasn't made anything different yet for me, I still buy the same things I used to. The price of household electricity also tripled.

stop drinking coffee then

I will never do such thing.

>The price of household electricity also tripled

I thought Finland didn't important (much) gas from Russia? Like only 5% of your energy mix is from there.

it's gonna get much much worse this winter

why not? your body quickly adapts to it if you drink it daily so your energy levels with coffee jus dip back to baseline and your energy levels without coffee go down from what they would be if you weren't a coffee addict. There really is no point in drinking it. If you drink coffee for productivity reasons it should at most be once or twice a week at specific times when you need a boost.

Yeah it's not about gas usage in Finland but more about electricity being in ridiculously high demand and the markets extending to continental europe these days. Finland would be fine alone.

>There really is no point in drinking it.
Except a warm cup coffee in the morning tastes godlike. I don't care about the alleged productivity effects. It's purely about pleasure.

>no eggs
>no meat
>no milk
Do they really?

>wanting protein in your diet

Woah, let's not get overboard here. They want to spend $100 on groceries, not $200.

try chicory, it tastes basically exactly the same but has no caffeine

>milk
Do you want to kill that Asian guy?

Asians in the west can drink milk usually, if they're raised to drink milk.

Lactose tolerance is genetic tho

Its not up to us since european electricity market are interconnected and now the demand is higher than usual. Still electricity is relatively cheap compared to most european countries. New 24 month contracts are like 12c/kwh before like 4-5c/kwh normal price
It could also be electricity resalers being jews and hiking up the prices for those 24 month contracts

I spent 150€ last month nothing too bad especially since now veggies are dirt cheap

Sort of. You can build tolerance by drinking milk constantly even if you're lactose intolerant.

My mom, my sister, and I can all drink milk. My dad can't. Adding creamer in his coffee makes him shit his pants. 90% of my Asian friends can drink milk. The 10% of those who can't were either raised on formula or got weaned and never drank cow milk growing up.

For example, in Japan, milk comes with school lunches.

Attached: October-13.jpg (4128x3096, 465.5K)

>How has it impacted you in your country?
Hasn't
>Which food items have you seen have the largest price increase?
Haven't noticed much of an increase

There must be a reason why lactose tolerance was so strongly selected in Europeans among others, the selection was one of the strongest we detected in recent human history AFAIK

What's up with people being so against coffee that everyone is saying stop drinking it unprompted

Staple food like pasta, rice, potatoes up for around 30% but oats went from 0,7€/kg to 1,29€ almost doubling. Eggs are like up to 50%
Weirdly enough meat and dairy hasnt gone up might have even decreased

Petrol gone up like crazy.
The biggest thing i've noticed is over here items go on "quick sale" when they're near expiry.
Before all this shit you could expect a "quick sale" to go from $5 to $2 or even $1. Nowadays a "quick sale" item will go from $5 to $4.70.
It's not even a sale anymore.

I think having milk as a staple made Europeans larger/stronger. Even here, you can tell apart Canadian-born Asians and overseas Asian students. They're taller/wider in comparison. Over generations it's more pronounced.

Lactose tolerance is something you can build like alcohol tolerance. It's not something like allergies where you can eat tiny amounts of peanuts and build up a resistance to it, because you'd die.

thinly veiled asian masculinity thread

I drink coffee most days because I enjoy the taste and want the effect, but if you don't care about the effect you might as well give your body chemistry a break

Obsessed

>you might as well give your body chemistry a break
lmao

>fast food and fruit diet
wow, he's just like me!

>complain about a problem
>people offer a solution
>"no! don't help me!"
???

500g coffee lasts around a month for me it costs 2€ more thats not bankrupting me

I have not noticed an increase in food. Maybe it has but it is so cheap anyway it doesn't matter. Only retards with £100/month iphone contracts and rent 3x my mortgage payments are gonna be crying

Well i'm crying because increase in price is out of something else. If I spend like 30€ more on food per month that's 360€ less i could spend elsewhere

Meat specially beef has gotten more expensive here. Lucky you
Obsessed

They just said the price has increased, you were trying to give "advice" when they specifically said they don't want to stop drinking coffee you sperg

Butter being worth its weight in gold is somewhat of a meme here nowadays.

If i go to the shop and spend £55 instead of £50 a year ago it's not that noticable. Energy prices however.... that's fucked up

All kinds of price increases are shit. That's why jews does it make it slow so people dont pay much attention about it. But when you look at it how much its per year all those small price increases adds up

love these first world threads

We fucked ourselves with butter prices here.

Butter prices used to quite stable. Until somebody noticed that butter was "harder" and less spreadable. Turned out, farmers were feeding cows palm oil so they can produce more butter while keeping costs down. Became huge across the country, and now farmers are back to feeding cows grass. This means less butter produced, but more spreadable butter. Because of it, the prices have skyrocketed + inflation.

>For example, in Japan, milk comes with school lunches.
GUYS
GUUUUYS
JAPAN DID A THING!!! So based and wholesome, folks.

He's making a point, you sperg. Read the room.

Fuck that's the reason? If you want spreadable soft butter you have to buy some shit mixed with canola oil. If you want real butter it's hard like a brick

I wonder how much of this inflation is just business owners deciding to hitch profit margins up because "it's inflation now".

Nah, room temperature butter is supposed to be soft. The "fake" butter is hard even at room temperature. The reason why it wasn't discovered right away was because palm oil was fed to the cow, hence it wasn't labeled. If you mixed canola oil with butter, it'd be labeled. Doesn't really address the production issue.

Attached: butter problem.png (806x714, 541.04K)

I just pay margarine that costs like 20 cents or something. Butter only for frying fish

My fav frozen pizza up 25%
My fav chips up 30%
Fuel up 50%
Meat up 10-20% (was already expensive so we're not seeing the same increases as in Sweden)
Electricity up 10% - 1000% depending on if you live in an area with export cables to Europe

Meat is murder, chud, bugs aren't widely available yet.

It's everything. From my shopping list for example one of the biggest price increase has been peanut butter, which doesn't make a lot of sense. They just hike up the price of everything

Bug meat is still meat so also murder, chud.

I'm a roomer
I gotta read the ROOOOOM

>palm oil was fed to the cow
what
does it make its milk fattier?

Yeah my bad. It's too much to ask from an autist. Do you drool too?

Attached: 1651039642730.png (645x729, 50.5K)

How the fuck is this pol?

Tranny janny.

Russian janny probably didn't want any Russians talking about how expensive food has gotten.

Economics is politics, deal with it chud

Hookers charging double now

Man we really are in the really last phase of the death of Any Forums

>Any Forums gets seconds

idk I'm not poor so,I don't notice food prices but building materials are 150-300% more expensive that along with very expensive loans will produce us some big housing market crisis very soon

>Weirdly enough meat and dairy hasnt gone up might have even decreased
I think the meat price will increase in late fall/early winter,but that's just my opinion and milk and dairy will probably be early fall.It's either that everyone is trying to spread the price increase on food so the people dont riot or the price increase on basic stuff has yet to reach things that depend on it.

you can buy 10 kilos of rice for 2 cents you don't suffer