Why did most states make conversion therapy illegal...

Why did most states make conversion therapy illegal? I mean trying to treat the root cause of mental illness seems pretty much like a good thing. Why would politicians ban an actual net positive thing? Anyone have any personal experience with conversion therapy?

Attached: 20191125_022046.jpg (895x910, 232.19K)

Anyone?

Conversion to what?

A pony

Why would the elites want people happy and healthy? Taking hormones sterilizes you so they want that, its population control. That's why every kids show is pushing trans shit and you can't speak out about it, they want us to die out.

He is referring to therapy to make gays "straight", not much proof it works
Because in general it's using psychological torture on children who aren't even guaranteed to be gay permanently. If someone is gay (or especially bisexual) at 15 it's not a guarantee they will be gay their entire life. For instance roughly 53% of women who identify as bisexual have not had sexual relations with a woman for 6+ months. Many of them are functionally straight.
It's not good to push homosexuality on children but also using psychological torture in order to "fix" them might do more harm than good, or make them permanently resentful.

It's illegal in the most populated states to try and treat the root cause of a person's transgender feelings. Basically if you go to a therapist and ask hey can we talk about why I feel this way they are legally required not to treat your root cause of symptoms, instead the only treatment legally offered is cross sex hormones and surgical referrals

Just break the law, cops aren't coming for anything anymore.

I'm talking about trans conversion therapy. It's flat out illegal for a therapist to get to the bottom of why I feel this way. I went to several different shrinks and asked can I get help getting over these feelings and every one of them flat out said they could lose their license to practice, then each one offered me hormone prescriptions only an hour or less of talking about my feelings. It's nuts

Oh I didn't realize you meant transsexual conversion therapy. Yeah transsexualism is fake and astroturfed by mass media and the internet. The solution is to not engage with mass media and online forums. However most of their friends are also probably mentally ill "trans" people too.

Have you ever considered you might just be gay?
It's unfortunate you can't seek therapy for yourself. I thought it was mostly about parents not being able to subject their kids to certain types of therapy.

I went to a therapist a few years ago about it and in less than thirty min of talking to her she got up, held my hand literally, and walked me to a fucking pharmacy for hormones.
I said no then she told me if she is going to treat me I had to see a group therapy session. I eventually went to group therapy and they kept asking for my pronouns and I said I don't think anyone should call themselves a girl if they aren't one, the whole group got full blown hostile toward me

They are all hush about pimozide I think it’s called? Fixes transsexualism. And testosterone makes libs more right wing. And Oregon among US states bans LGBT panic defense but doesn’t criminalize deception

Attached: EB9F5342-B540-406A-974C-E51B732BBF90.jpg (1024x610, 74.14K)

From my completely uneducated point of view, it seems that interacting with other transsexuals or people with gender dysphoria is the WORST thing you can do. Good on you for avoiding it. I think Any Forums isn't a great place to be either in your situation but maybe you need the counter-extremism to avoid going down the transsexual rabbit hole.
Have you considered doing online therapy or "coaching"? Those should both be a bit less regulated. Maybe a priest, pastor or equivalent of your religion could help as well.

Unironically, a church will be the only people willing to help you. Academia bans practices and research into incorrect topics and then acts incredulous when unlicensed people fill the void.

>Have you ever considered you might just be gay?
It's more than that for me, I'm haunted by thoughts constantly that I should have been born a girl. In my dreams I'm always a female, I always have envy towards women and I hate myself for it. It's got to the point all I do is daydream about being a chick, I know its wrong and unhealthy but I can't receive any care, I can't even get Xanax for it because last time I asked for it my therapist said I'd just be numbing myself and "hiding" from my issue. It's almost like she's fucking pushing me into transition.

I can't get behind religion because it just seems so silly to me. I've tried in the past but the feelings are always front and center of my mind no matter how hard I try to put my mind on something else.

I think your therapist is right about the xanax, it seems you have deeper issues than you're letting on or toxic elements in your life. Any Forums is obsessed with transsexuals (including Any Forums) so hanging out here isn't a great idea, even if they mention them in a disparaging manner.
I think a church and generally avoiding mass media/academia would do you well.
Do you have large friend groups irl? It might make sense to join some male spaces that aren't woke. Book clubs, masons (memes aside lol), etc.

It seems that most people who fall prey to the transsexual stuff have very small social circles and low quality relationships with their family as well, so starting there might be a place to look. Benzos and SSRIs are horrible for you, psychiatric medication in general is not ideal if you can avoid it.

As someone who's battled this myself and got over it and tossed the pills my advice would be to unplug fully from the internet and detox from it. Take a walk or go do something outside away from any females. It's hard and I still sometimes slip up and order a dress or a wig from Amazon and cross dress in private and then I snap out of it and throw the stuff away, but the frequency in between episodes is getting less intense and the breast tissue I grew is almost completely gone

Taking long walks in the woods is good for this

I've tried escapism and it doesn't work

I just wish I was a normal guy...

The sad reality is there is no way to beat these feelings so instead of torturing myself I just gave in and feel way better.

Attached: 20220708_025614.jpg (1057x1015, 280.11K)