How come hawaii is the only place in the USA where traditional people's names for towns remain?

how come hawaii is the only place in the USA where traditional people's names for towns remain?

Attached: 9.webm (2048x1110, 2.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FT3IGXtAk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bitch name ?
t.coomer

m.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FT3IGXtAk

lol what? almost every state name is a word specific to a native tribal language and where i live in CONNECTICUT (a mohegan word) mohegan and pequot names are everywhere

many wisconsin cities/towns are the native names or how french missionaries tried to pronounce indian names of places. the places founded by settlers have really creative names like New Berlin, New London, Luxembourg, and Belgium.

Like 60% of the towns names/counties in the PNW are Native American decided. They just took what they already called the places and left it like that. The result is that everything is retarded.

what you fail to understand is that mohegan and pequots in CT at least didnt "name" towns per se. connecticut means "land of the long tidal river" this naming convention abounds all over new england and elsewhere. local tribes described areas based on their characteristics, like big trees, lakes full of fish, etc. hence tribes would talk about other tribes as "people who lived in the swamp" and thus a tribal name would be born.

Alice Cooper's a cunt

I live in Chesapeake or Powatan language "mother of rivers" are you retarded?

Pretty much every state/city/etc name that isn't obviously a callback to england stems from indian words. Alabama, Mississippi, Michigan, Tennessee, Wisconsin, etc etc etc

some examples
>quinnipiac
>housatonic
>pomperaug
>hammonasset
>pootatuck
>naugatuck
>mystic
>willimantic
>moosup

It's not retard.

Of course, Coomer bait + 1pbtid + memeflag = dumb shill with a very retarded D&C post.

this. OP is a faggot

What? Mainland US is filled with places that have native american names.

A test for americans, no google, no autocorrect.
Spel tenisee without checking google for how it's spelled, no autocorrect.
Most of the time these names get changed because they're spelled retardedly, back then the "natives" didn't have some written name for these places so the europeans had to make up how it was spelled completely.
>Why aren'd the towns all m'lomoppa village?
Some of them are but for most of them there was no indian town there in the first place to name it after, the white man also didn't just set up shop in indian towns so why would any towns have indian names?
Man, this is so goofy. Imagine your village is getting raided and you have to find out who these people are so that you can go burn down their village in retaliation now.
>It's the moosups!
>It's the willimantic or maybe the naquaduck!
>No I think it's the pomperaugua!
English naming sense was still better. I was picking fruit and my uncle's house a few days ago, he was part of the People Who Have Fruit Trees.

tennesee?

I clicked this website just to see her armpits and I was not disappointed.

ooook? most tribes were nomadic in nature and followed the resources. they followed the buffalo, the fish, the deer, the good weather, which is why they described regions in such ways. if they knew beyond a shadow of a doubt who raided them one night or they guessed and guessed wrong and retaliated against the wrong village, i do not know and the truth of such things might be lost to us, but im sure they had a sense of who was who and who could be found where.

There are native named areas all over the country. States, counties, rds. Schools etc. Have native names.

>1pbtid
how ignorant

No :)
Yeah it's the moopaloopadoops down in the ongananga, they raided the village, your wife's dead haha