Why are Republicans so upset at EVs?

Why are Republicans so upset at EVs?

Is it because Democrats like them?

Feels like they have a huge hate boner that goes beyond anything related to the technology.

Why do you hate EVs? On a economic standpoint; Electric cars are cheaper, cheaper energy costs, more convenient, cheaper to repair, and more comfortable for daily commuting / road trips.

Instead of paying $5 dollars per gallon in gasoline, you could be paying $0.09 cents per kilowatt to charge your electric car.

Say you have a Tesla Model 3 (the cheapest of out of them all) with a 82 kWh battery. From empty to full, you would’ve spent $7.38 dollars to charge the battery to full.

Compared to a Ford F-150 (Most Republicans drive it) which has a 36 gallon gas tank and diesel gas prices are currently $6.49 dollars per gallon. From empty to full, you would’ve spent $233.64.

Which is to say; why? You would save $226.26 dollars in energy costs per refuel if you stop being so closed minded over EVs instead of touting around with a in-efficient diesel pickup truck that gets 20 mpg.

Attached: 1595029697654.jpg (2500x1314, 505.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/w2emvm/out_of_warranty_drive_unit_failure_service_center
osti.gov/biblio/5079816-gulf-western-unveils-battery-breakthrough
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I voted trump and I have a Tesla and I live in California. What now.

>forced to buy an electric vehicle
>sitting in your pod eating bugs
>find out your mother is in the hospital
>wait 5 hours to charge car just so it can go 100 miles
>wait 10 hours just for it to go 200 miles
>finish charging
>has to update, it will take 40 mins depending on connection
>update failed, restarting update and car wont even start
>finally done, unplug EV and get ready to drive
>voice comes on "there is a special covid alert today, you can only drive to your local store and back"
>if you drive longer or over so many miles then your EV will shut off and a tow truck will be called at your own expense
>press the agree button or the EV wont start
>start to pull out of driveway
>EV stops before you even hit the street
>EV voice asks if you would like to turn on auto pilot to the store
>you push yes
>voice asks you sit sit and watch these new ads until the autopilot is finished loading and updating the route
>finally are able to drive a bit but autopilot wants you to still hold the wheel
>get to the store and get a phone call, mother is dying from the vax... i mean climate change
>try to drive to hospital but car notices you are not following the assigned route home
>EV shuts down
>tow truck called
>you are on the EV's phone watching your mother die
>your mother is about to tell you her dying last words when an ad interrupts the call
>it's a 'get a booster' ad by pfizer

Attached: 1647369502259.jpg (750x927, 149.44K)

>Why dont you want a government who considers you an enemy to have the means to remotely kill your vehicle?

Call me when you see an electric 18 wheeler.

If you drive an electric vehicle you are 8,796 times more likely to enjoy anal pegging.

1 minute later posts a copy pasta. Might as well be OP or some bot faggot.

Thread is now Closed

Now it sounds like its time for you to drive it to the nearest gloryhole which has a bookmarked pin on it in your map app.

>wait 5 hours to charge car just so it can go 100 miles
And that's a high-end $60,000+ EV with a custom 220v home charger install. "Affordable" EVs get only like 150 miles on ELEVEN to THIRTY-FIVE HOURS of charge time. And still are $27,000+... while something like a new $21,000 Honda Civic will give you 40 MPG, a 500 mile range, reliability and untethered go-anywhere-at-anytime freedom.

Attached: 1647047219373.png (393x858, 213.7K)

they do not hate EVs. They hate the lies behind them. They're basically coal powered cars but people are too fucking retarded to realize. They are toxic as fuck but nobody will acknowledge this. And they ARE prohibitively expensive. Batteries do not last forever and are NOT cheap.

>Plebbit spacing
You have to go back. Also, why do you keep spamming this gay thread?

There is nothing better about EVs compared to gasoline except for one thing: much less localized pollution.
Republicans must hate them because virtue signalling Dems love them. That's the only reason.
8-but guy is a gun owning Texan and he loves his EVs.

Attached: 80s-new-york.jpg (1500x999, 160.69K)

>Why do you hate EVs?
EV's have shit range

EV's take longer to charge than the charge-time gives running-time... drastically restricting your movements

EV's are attached to the power grid... e.g. turn off the power grid in a region = no populace movement in that region

EV's are already getting remote control/remote shut-down backdoors as a standard

You cannot store electricity to any great degree (enough to operate vehicles)

Gasoline and diesel can basically be stored indefinitely (NPC city faggots don't understand that rural people have always had their own fuel storage tanks, enough to keep vehicles running for months at a time, something city people don't bother to do)

Gasoline is an amazing energy-dense resource and oil is not going to ever run out despite propaganda claims

Gasoline cars do far less overall damage to the environment that EV's do (not that it even matters, "muh environment" has always been a red herring)

>8-but guy is a gun owning Texan and he loves his EVs.

Attached: 1658111358852868.jpg (1024x1024, 203.22K)

I'm tellin ya it ain't no goin wrooom wrooom like the Lawd says it should broda *hic*

Attached: img.png (511x549, 133.42K)

Attached: oil.jpg (1014x1653, 367.04K)

They're soulless. You ever watch Formula (mem)e?

One of their biggest current moves... they want to maintain high gas prices indefinitely. This will kick-off their orchestrated push to get the populace into either electric vehicles or public transportation so that the government can fully control freedom of movement.

Attached: 1646888428459.jpg (1588x2927, 1.05M)

Alexa, play The Village People - YMCA

There isn't enough electricity to support a move to EVs anyway.

Because smart cars & "the grid" connecting it all together, including the internet of things, are the biggest Jew controlled scams ever & will be tied to every single thing you do & where you go.

You welcome all this instead of a true individual self sustained living, and you WILL eat those god damn bugs & live in the pod. I swear it.

Attached: file_9n56a0sao.png (340x353, 249.08K)

Sorry to tell you but he pre-dates onions-boys latte-drinking on an old typewriter. Ain't nuthin wrong with retro gaming if you actually grew up with the tech in the first place.

I DO want to see more EVs on the highway. Not for the reason you think though. With more electric cars on the road the higher the probabilities for a crash in which the lithium batteries are damaged and cause a devastating thermal runaway, incinerating their occupants en masse and eliminating support for these so called cuck mobiles

Attached: 41DF5A05-6B61-4215-946E-2A2EC11D9772.png (727x669, 19.81K)

"I'm an early Tesla supporter, and my 9 year old Model S is out of warranty. My drive unit failed about 3 years in, and Tesla took care of it under warranty, which was great. We love our car, and we loved how Tesla used to take care of customers. We own one of the largest Tesla Solar installations in Colorado, a second Tesla Model 3 and even multiple PowerWalls as well as Tesla shares. We have recommended Tesla to all our friends and we know of multiple people that bought one through our high praise and recommendations.

Now, 9 years in, my drive unit failed with error code Dl_w126, and is no longer drivable. The Colorado Aurora Service Center manager recommended for me to scrap the car, and he gave me the option to replace the drive unit for $7500 out of pocket, with a 1 year parts warranty, however is strongly recommended against that, since "something else most likely will break, and it won't be worth it". As a Tesla shareholder and supporter that is concerning on multiple levels, if the official message to customers is to scrap the car after 8 years when it is out of service."

reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/w2emvm/out_of_warranty_drive_unit_failure_service_center

Why should anyone want to deal with this? Why would anyone want a computer with wheels that you have to replace approximately every 7-10 years.

Who cares about fake elite shit?

KYS

Just buy an EV, bro. $80! Think about it.

Attached: just buy an EV.png (612x534, 269.7K)

They got jewed:

osti.gov/biblio/5079816-gulf-western-unveils-battery-breakthrough

Gulf and Western Industries, Inc. has started pilot production of an electric load-leveler unit. Electric Power Research Institute officials are optimistic about the bulk-energy-storage unit that Gulf and Western insists is the only practical system in near-term development which utilities can use to meet more effectively the varying demand for electricity by charging a large battery plant at night when demand is low and discharging it during peak demand periods. The pilot facility will produce 52-kWh units at the rate of one per day by January, 1981. The firm anticipates that full-scale mass production will reach 100 units a day by 1983 or 1984. Although the $100/kWh cost (same price as Li-ion nowadays without correcting the huge inflation) is not particularly impressive, it is competitive with the cost of peak-load gas-turbine generation. (SAC)

Are they practical yet? Electric cars right now take a lot of time to charge compared to just filling a tank with petrol and this severely limits their potential range and utility. Is anything being done to address this?

that fucking BATTERY

charging

LITHIUM-ION

can't repair it

expensive

and the list goes on and on....