Why are we seeing a rise in alcoholism and how do we fix it?

Why are we seeing a rise in alcoholism and how do we fix it?

Attached: alcoholic-man-silhouette-600.jpg (600x600, 19.24K)

With alcoholism the only real success is prevention, alcoholics and addicts of all kinds have incredibly low success rates despite all of our best efforts, it's an issue with the way your brain functions and all we have is talk therapy and trying to dry you out long enough for it to stick. Most addicts are dual-diagnosis meaning they are also dealing with anything ranging from depression to schizo disorder. It's not an easy problem to tackle, you can only encourage people to abstain while their brains are still developing. Most addicts start using around puberty or at least by the time theyve graduated highschool. Just say no is unironically the best way

There's nothing good in the world anymore so people are going to drink. Seriously, name one thing in the world that hasn't been ruined in current year. You can't do it.

But to answer about why it's more prevalent? Because alcohol in drugs are more accessible to children than they've probably ever been. You have a bunch of kids who's parents don't pay attention running around fucking with shit, is it any wonder they grow up to be full grown fuck ups?

This. You can't help someone that doesn't want help. They drink because they want to, usually because they're miserable in some way. The only way an outsider could fix it is to get rid of whatever is making them miserable or convince them to stop drinking, and even then they might still keep drinking.

I quit boozing 2 months ago, down 30+ pounds and feel like a whole new person. Sitting comfortably at home this summer whereas last year I was dying from the heat/sweats.

fallout tactics

Alcoholism: incessant need to drink
Solution: drink.

I disagree with this, I've worked in the field from a variety of standpoints and to say "wanting" is enough isn't nuanced enough. The closest approximation I can come with for you is probably stuff like giving up the internet, your phone or this website. Addiction to technology just doesn't destroy lives. Will agree about the making them miserable part though, being tough on crimes committed while using (ie drug driving or possession, theft) I saw that get a lot of people into treatment programs and some of them realize they can change. What I'm trying to say "wanting it" is a component but it's not that simple, I don't think hundreds of thousands of people are destroying their lives in an endless cycle are enjoying themselves and don't wish they could stop

I haven't had a drink in over a year. Took up kayaking with normies.

I just drink more.

Cheers alchys!

Attached: 61tLne09OzL.jpg (628x1032, 126.25K)

>Sitting comfortably at home this summer whereas last year I was dying from the heat/sweats.
Yeah this has been a pretty cool change for me too.

Because people drink more alcohol. Islam can fix it.

I'm out of control lately. I woke up outside today even though I have my own apartment.

Life is gay and only getting gayer. Everyone is coping with it in some way and alcohol is one of the most popular choices

You need to have a few beers after seeing niggermutts daily

Westcoast user here.

It's not even 9 am on a Sunday and I've already had two glasses of wine.

Attached: 1654113515302.jpg (1390x1426, 180.01K)

Stress and depression are correlated highly with addiction.

Why is alcohol which probly kills more people a year because of accidents not condemned but cigarettes are? You take a box of cigs to see images of people dying of diseases, you take a bottle of licor and see nothing they even promote it ok TV, the cig kills the smoker and in rare cases effects those around, but the licor kills more innocents especially in drunk driving than the cig will ever kill! What do they know about cigs that they constantly try to make it the biggest most evil product to use? But always promote alcohol with no problems?

Alcoholism, or addiction in general, is caused by the addicted being unsatisfied with their life. People with a healthy social life, a fulfilling career and pleasant hobbies virtually never succumb to addiction because they have better things to do with their time than drink whiskey alone at 3AM. While you can help alcoholics cope with therapy or prevention, as long as misery is a fact of life, so is alcoholism.

You can give them options and encourage them to stop but you can't force them to do anything, at the core they have to want to change. I know an alcoholic that is likely going to drink himself to death, he doesn't want to stop, he "likes alcohol" so nothing can be done about it

I take NAC and silybin phytosome, even when I drink a lot its hard to actually "get drunk". Or maybe its just tolerance, who knows.

>silybin phytosome
Never heard of it. Quick search says it's beneficial for the liver? I'm a fan of GlyNAC but haven't drank at all since I started supplementing it, wouldn't be surprised if it suppressed drunkenness.