What effect is the banning of the academic tenure tradition likely to have on the sciences in Florida?

What effect is the banning of the academic tenure tradition likely to have on the sciences in Florida?

Attached: 10yous.jpg (540x675, 106.04K)

Researchers who don't give a fuck about teaching are just going to go to other universities to get research roles

Researchers should have nothing to do with being judged at how well they are teaching if their not teaching

free ride is over, fuck off to somewhere else

Researchers shouldn't be teaching in the first place since it's a waste of their time and the time of the students.

Where are universities going to get the money to hire researchers AND teachers?

The overpriced tuition rates and sports. Just stop spending it on diversity programs and shit like free taco day and free concerts for students. College football alone makes enough money to cover everything

None since tenure has been a farce for a few years anyway. Tenure was meant to protect people with controversial opinions. Now it doesn't, so no point in keeping tenure around as an honorary.

This will actually decrease the quality of Floridian universities. Tenure is already ridiculously hard. Everywhere else you get a permanent position with much less hassle. If I were in Florida, I'd either quit academia or move elsewhere.
Typical republican anti-science lawmaking.

college football profits are required by title 9 to be spent exclusively on women's athletic programs

maybe its time to let the college of gender and race studies go. You don't need funding to make surveys, you don't need funding to distribute surveys, you don't need funding analyzing survey answers, social studies are giant money sink that produces nothing.

Just don't do any research and only have part time lecturers teach courses. Those programs are great for conning kids out of money

No tenure was meant to protect a nerd who dedicated their life to specifically learning one topic, and how to repetitively teach it year after year, from getting fired 15 years later and having no other life skills or prospects.

Good talented valuable researchers should not have to sacrifice any good science time to be a robot teaching kids for some time every week. They are more valuable being a robot in the research lab

none of those irreproducible "studies" use actual gathered data to come to their conclusions, your assumption that they're based on real data flies in the face of the irreproducibility.

fuck those nerds and you, get a real job and learn to code faggot

tenure track benefits were great for tier 1 back in the 70s but have been slowly eviscerated to the point that no one really cares anymore other than the participation trophy class.

this, only nerds care about other nerds getting dumped on. We have to make it harder for nerds to form into herds of nerds

nerds don't like herds it's why they're nerds. if you put a herd of nerds in a room together, they'll just sit there nerding not herding

>What effect is the banning of the academic tenure tradition likely to have on the sciences in Florida?

Impossible as it may seem they will become even MORE WOKE.
Now even muttering a discouraging word about being mugged and beaten will be considered 'Racist White Supremacy'
Every five years the WOKE police will carefully review every email and social media comment you have made looking for signs of 'hidden racism, sexism, homophobia'.

Attached: Tryany_Of_The_Woke.jpg (1200x494, 109.18K)

>money that can be used to offset the high cost of tuition without making students debt slaves must go to pay for woke shit

You're not helping.

That's fucking over quality of life things.

Maybe if colleges weren't taking taxpayer money and student loans to promote their politics, which should be a felony since it's criminal misappropriation of funds for partisan political purposes, then they wouldn't be facing the backlash they're getting now.

Attached: college_indoctrination-before_and_after.jpg (857x1024, 206.55K)

How is women's athletics "woke"?

Attached: sufferin.jpg (400x612, 72.92K)

Post-secondary bubble is going to collapse soon along with every other global bubble. Burn this mangled anachronistic to the ground.

who the fuck goes to any florida public university for any science other than marine biology lmao?

>Florida's athletic department had a $54.5 million shortfall during the 2020-21 fiscal year because of the coronavirus pandemic, significant financial losses the Gators were able to weather with a supplement from the Southeastern Conference and a sizeable reserve.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>free ride is over, fuck off to somewhere else
>The overpriced tuition rates and sports. Just stop spending it on diversity programs and shit like free taco day and free concerts for students. College football alone makes enough money to cover everything
>Maybe if colleges weren't taking taxpayer money and student loans to promote their politics, which should be a felony since it's criminal misappropriation of funds for partisan political purposes, then they wouldn't be facing the backlash they're getting now.

Sums it all up. MAGA!

Sorry sweaty but students want to learn from pros. Universities get away with TAs up to a point but theres a limit. Whats the point of going to Stanford when all your teachers are 24 year old Zhangs? Total loss of prestige in the making

>reading off a power point
>learning from pros
Sorry sweetums but learning from pros = one on one mentor sessions with a guaranteed time slot

pros dont read from powerpoints

>Omit Title 9
>Omit spending mandates
>Omit requirements of equal spending for male and female sports even when there is less interest in female sports (in both the number of female students interested in participating and audience interest) and lost of sports scholarships
>"How is women's athletics "woke"?"

Attached: motte_and_bailey-title_ix.jpg (960x412, 110.97K)

You're all retards. Florida's budget has nothing to do with making America great again and only emeriti have tier 1 tenure.

I never mentioned Zion Don. Have sex.
You're right. They play youtube videos now.

>Sums it all up. MAGA!
if this isn't your post then read the fucking room you idiot. if it is your post then kill yourself

Attached: 1657727472540.webm (540x960, 3M)

>I don't believe I can really do without teaching. The reason is, I have to have something so that when I don't have any ideas and I'm not getting anywhere I can say to myself, 'At least I'm living; at least I'm doing something; I am making some contribution' -- it's just psychological
feynman

if I had known maga was this based I would have started voting republican a lot sooner

based motte and baily/trojan horse knower

not interested, your neck is too turtley

I dunno, it seems like this will probably make things worse in every way.

Like I get that it's supposed to somehow be about shaking up the woke propagandist power structure that is taken root in the universities but who is going to be doing the evaluating? Some committee of the absolute worst type of HR lady who is pumped up by bossing nerds around to thinking she is a genius, who will think $15 mil to conduct a study on why white males are so much more racist than everyone else is a fantastic use of college funds, and quietly studying your interests after working in your field for decades without publishing meaningless papers over trivial results is a fucking idiotic waste of taxpayer funding.

I am a right wing extremist too, this just looks bad from any angle.

i'm a left wing (progressive) extremist and i don't think you understand what tenure means or how it works

None, because what great new research is coming out of Florida anyway?

Florida is based. Florida schools are based. Desantis is based. Fuck your tenure faggots. Nobody deserves it, and it shouldn't exist.

retard

Now what really needs to happen is to eliminate all public funding for non-stem majors. You get no scholarships, no grants, no loans, NOTHING
SNEED

Attached: 1535754283829.png (300x300, 5.09K)

professors have near 0 bearing on actual science.
as the saying goes, those who can't do, teach.
likely this will be a net boost to florida universities, culling the old and uninspired professors and making room for the better, newer ones.

Go back

>What effect is the banning of the academic tenure tradition likely to have on the sciences in Florida?

it will lose that overbearing political flavoring

kek.. now the marxist tranny democrats are gonna have to find somewhere else to hang out and collect a taxpayer check..

Whoa there, cool it with the anti-semitism