Should the kids be allowed to be trans?

There's been a lot of talk around this lately. Jordan Peterson says it's criminal and should be penalized by law. Her daughter has interviews where they say the teachers do unacceptable gender-forcing behavior on kids. I don't see anyone on the left ever talking about this. What do you think /sci/?

Attached: original.jpg (1080x1080, 382.8K)

>can't own a goldfish before 21
What do you think?

>allowed to be trans?
Do you mean surgery? What's the definition of "trans"? Is it just little boys wearing dresses? Does that seem criminal?

who gives a fuck what a canadian thinks about american law?

I generally agree. However, some part of me feels that if someone truly has gender dysmorphia, being 13 or 14 they can probably know what they want for themselves. But a lot of the people on the internet say, kids are stupid enough to the extent that they can be impressionable to being trans so I don't really know

I mean puberty blockers/surgery/hormones and the like

It's not about JP or american law. I'm asking for your opinion on this

trans kids are like vegan cats: everyone knows who's really making the decisions

Attached: 1640194219005.webm (818x840, 2.89M)

It's complicated. For one, circumcision would become illegal. Putting your laughably small male child on HGH would be illegal, etc.

It's a private issue. Parents fuck their kids up all the time. All the time. I'm not sure the state should be involved in these decisions.

I think, because it's easy to fool kids into thinking whatever you want, that the parents should have the final decision, not the kid. After you're 18 you can cut your dick off if you want, but while you're under my roof you're going to pee standing up, so to speak. It's a nice place to draw a line, and it leaves the standard out - running away.

There's a lot of difference between circumcision and cutting it off. HGH as a kid is probably not something that will affect your life on a similar level as HRT. And I personally think parents shouldn't be allowed to fuck up their kids. The law exists for their protection as well, doesn't it.

America.
AMERICA.America.
AMERfghfgh
hfghfgh
AMERICA.America.
fdf
AMERICA.America.
AMEfd
AMERICA.America.
AMERICA.America.
AMERICA.America.fdbgAMERICA.America.
AMERICA.America.
AMERICA.America.
AMERICA.Americafda.
AMERICA.Amerifdmerica.
AMfdA.Afgf

any kid should be allowed to do whatever the parents force it to and the kids should accept whatever the parents shove down their kids' throats with the parents' own money. if the question is should my mandatory health insurance cover pharma and vanity surgery then fucking no, obviously not.

>There's a lot of difference between circumcision and cutting it off.
It's cosmetic surgery.
>HGH as a kid is probably not something that will affect your life on a similar level as HRT.
Imagine being a 5'2" 18-year-old male.
>parents shouldn't be allowed to fuck up their kids.
It's all relative. And often not even intentional. Like being a single, working parent. Wtf are you supposed to do? Be dirt poor, or have your kid essentially raise themself?
>The law exists for their protection as well, doesn't it.
It does, but it's complicated.

idgaf

I basically agree, and I don't think that's the issue really. Obviously, in these cases the parent does have the final decision. I'm quite certain a minor cannot get cosmetic surgery without the approval of a parent.

I feel like you're down playing this a lot. You can't call replacing organs cosmetic surgery and being a manlet is not nearly as bad as being lgbt going by what the suicide rate would suggest.

In canada you can get your kids taken away if you don't let your kid transition

Not him but kids can't be legally contained by their parents.

Who gives a fuck what Jordan Peterson thinks. Not me

>Reward: kid troons for 3 to 4 extra years
>Risk: a retarded impressionable kid (99% of them) castrates themselves, injuring their body, or in extreme cases, blocking their puberty, only to regret the act once they've become adults, when it's too late.
Again, what do you think?
Even if you think trooning is a valid, sane thing to do, you shouldn't be able to do it at least until you're 25 (brain fully developed).

It's not about JP. I just brought him up because he was vocal about it. What do you think?

>I feel like you're down playing this a lot.
Probably because it affects .00000001% of the population.
>You can't call replacing organs cosmetic surgery
How many minors have had gender-change surgery in American history? 4? Not even that many?
>being a manlet is not nearly as bad as being lgbt
big fucking doubt. i wouldn't know either way though.

Fair, but I'm not Canadian. I care about Canadian law as much as I do Somalian law. Also, I assume you're talking about Bill 89 (an Ontario law only) and I'm pretty sure that is not what it says. If it does, I'd love a source.

No buzzwords please. I was actually having a great discussion with some people ITT. Get your "troon" shit the fuck outta here nerd.

Part of me feels at some point like around 14 years of age, kids are somewhat well aware of their sexuality / dysmorphia. Transitioning is said to be harder the further along with puberty you are. That's my only concern. However, a lot of people say kids around that age as well are impressionable to lgbt propaganda so I don't know what to really think

>There are no specific laws in the United States that prevent teenagers from getting cosmetic surgery; however, parental consent is required for patients under the age of 18. Therefore, the responsibility falls to parents to help their children make the right decision.

Troon detected

>so I don't know what to really think
It's foolish to legislate. Certainly at the federal level. At a certain point you just have to assume a parent is going to be responsible. It could open them up to civil litigation honestly, but I'm not sure.

Ultimately it's not common enough to be this concerned about. Most parents would do the right thing (not pump their kids full of drugs and let them remove their genitals). If a child disagrees, there's a process called emancipation and they can go that route.

In summary: it's shit parenting to let your kid do that, but it shouldn't be illegal.

Reading this thread makes me think "thank god I don't live in the US"

>should children be allowed
YES!
>to be trans
There's literally no such thing as a trans. You are either something or not that something. Sex is an immutable characteristic.

I have many trans friends all mtfg and eventually they admit to me that they are either attracted to themselves or that they are exclusively attracted to trans women and became trans to get with other trans women but at the same time they are attracted to men being attracted to them.

I would say that less than 10% of them are genuinely trans.

Yes. Even China is ahead in that.

Attached: 1652507658774.png (972x898, 222.93K)