Tourism in rural America?

Would tourism fix the desperate poverty of appalachia?

Attached: appalachia2.jpg (922x1182, 248.75K)

fuck off, we're full

Nice try cletus but I've seen deliverance y'all ain't gonna catch me slippin down in your woods.

Attached: 1654052239249.jpg (1242x1633, 348.7K)

Stay the fuck out. Do not come to appalachia

Tourism is honestly the best thing that could happen to Appalachia. They constantly go against their own self interests.

I will come to get my freedom cream bubba

Attached: 94c4a1daf115031b316e35f91c0b4f5b96cf34fc7bf09c77fd39397564969623_1~2.jpg (747x921, 452.41K)

you fags can have the north. stay the fuck out of the south. we dont want you here, we dont like you here and we dont have a problem with hanging you here! Stay The Fuck Out!

No, it would ruin it.

I would love to Airbnb a trailer and live simple for a week

I'd advertise cheap rates in Boston so that the US Civil War II starts over Mason-Dixon tensions rooted in the local suboxone supply being compromised.

Rural areas exist because without them urban areas would be impossible.

There's lots of options if that's what you want.

No, it wouldn't.

Just buy property here. My property taxes are less than 1k a year. Do you have any idea how cheap it is?

But Dew Mouth and Ticks...once you have seen actual mountains, appalacia is pretty pathetic.. PCT over appalatian trail 100x

>appalachia
>tourism
and do what? gawk at inbreds?

Attached: whittakes.jpg (1000x655, 160.74K)

What if I just want to visit but not live there?

The appalachian trail just isn't the nicest part of appalachia, scenically.

No, build fire towers where they used to be and fix the roads to access them. Work with local farmers to make new restaurants along the way. Hire the local youths and young adults to construct new log cabins for tourists. There's lots you could do.

civil war is not gonna happen again

Attached: revolt.jpg (650x812, 57.62K)

Who wants to go to that shithole though?

Swedish twinks apparently

people who enjoy expansive views

Attached: IMG_5369.jpg (864x502, 158.93K)

No, turning $80k/year mining jobs into $25k/year part time tourism jobs is a recipe for disaster.

Maybe target rich tourists then. There's plenty of mountainous places that do 4 season tourism.

Yellow county checking in..and yes we are full fuck off

You don't understand. Tourism is a service industry that is marginal at best for workers and owners, unless it's in some very special place like wine or ski country. Tourism means marginalized workers doing meth and opiates, among other problems.
>t. from a tourist trap, got out and stayed out