Made corn bread for first time

Not that bad. American culture can strive
youtu.be/aUcxLMcRIPg

Attached: 16578809793164095078704678017643.jpg (4000x3000, 3.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aZqSGPZaw_E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You overcooked the shit out of it wtf

I hope you're not using the metal fork to dig the corn bread out and you're just being an Instagram whore with the aesthetics. Metal utensils should not be used on metal because it will scratch, worst case if you have a nonstick this allows the toxic nonstick coating to start coming off and into your food. Use a silicone or plastic spatula. Also, besides overcooking you either didn't grease the pan enough or you didn't allow it to cool enough before digging into it. To get those overcooked bits off of your pan later, make a paste with baking soda and leave it on there for about 20 mins or until it dries and then scrub off with a soapy sponge. Otherwise, even if you get it off it will stain the tin and make your baking tin look like ass.

niggersayscornbread.mp3

DAMN BOY SHIT BOY YOU MADE SUM CORNBREAD SON

I thought it would be harder, it's already soft as shit
youtu.be/aZqSGPZaw_E

>>/ck/

2 pts corn meal
2 pts flour
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Small amount of paprika (for a subtle Smokey kinda flavor)

Mix dry ingredients well

Coat the bottom of your cast iron skillet with grease, buttter, or corn oil

Heat the skillet and oil in oven

Get bowl of dry ingredients at sink. Fill with water while stirring until it’s pourable.

After your oil/butter or grease is slightly smoking or just your oven gets up to temp(425F)

Get it out and pour in your mixture. It should immediately start cooking/making noises.

Place pan back in oven and cook until the top browns

Use a whisk for better homgenuity

I used olive oil to cook it. I know how to cook

Attached: 1657881791355764923443894317866.jpg (4000x3000, 3.24M)

Wayy too dry leaf
You canadian mist drinking faggot

Salty corn bread. I added maple syrup. It gave it a sugery taste. But I prefer salty like the corn dogs

Olive oil is not very good for high heat (usually)

I thought this was a fucking gore thread from the thumbnail lmao

found the sneed oil consoomer

>bread
That is cake, corn cake
Don't make or eat cake
Breads are rich enough as it is

grease your pan. enjoy your giant cracker

I have 0 cholesterol,even my Dr was amazed and like wtf, cooking oil is very important. I prefer to lose taste in something then to be a fatso

I was gonna say lard but I figured you wouldn’t know what that was.

Attached: 7384E7A5-E763-4BDA-AF00-221D03DFC314.jpg (623x374, 26.93K)

I like using fresh cranberries, orange zest and a dash of cardamom in my cornbread

use butter or lard idiot. you do not know how to cook if you cannot grasp this concept

Good effort but I’m telling you that recipe can be be improved a lot.

But olive oil is in fact not good for high heat. Peanut and coconut oils are acceptable and not seed oils. Tallow, lard, or clarified butter are of course the ideals for most cooking. Avocado oil can have a smoke point +500F/260C too.

Looks dry af, but not bad for first time. You only need to get it steaming hot, so it shouldn't brown.