Just found this on Instagram, why are Americans like this in the work place? Is this legal

Just found this on Instagram, why are Americans like this in the work place? Is this legal

Attached: 43F68D23-7F6E-4DD1-8C6F-FA5DAA0C7191.jpg (1284x2034, 1M)

Probably but so is just emailing your boss at 5:01 on Friday that it was your last day.

Really is it

As someone who got rejected by employer after employer 10 years ago, this is some delicious schadenfreude. You can't keep treating us like we have a line of people waiting behind us. At-will works both ways, faggot. Enjoy your chickens coming home to roost.

Unironically yes. They can't force you to work if you don't want to.
>wtf I hate the 13th Amendment now?
Notice is a courtesy that was obviously only ever in one direction because it's not like they tell you they're going to fire you in two weeks. Maybe they give you a severance package on your way out but who knows how common that is anymore. So if you work for a place that is "demanding" 3 months notice and a pay cut, why bother telling them anything at all? Just return any of their property to the office so you don't get sued for theft and stop showing up. The most they could do to you is try to enforce some sort of non compete but those never hold up.

Thiught you said its illegal my bad

90% chance this isn't even real and it would obviously just cause the problem of people just walking out to be much, much worse.
People have been posting fake "gotcha" moments with their employers for years

>it's not like they tell you they're going to fire you in two weeks.
a better comparsion would be getting laid off since it isn't suppose to be a punishment anyways. They still wont tell you and leave it to the last day at 1 hour before your shift's end

>read this wall of text, Any Forums.
Stop falling for it; ever.

>1 hour before
You mean 1 minute after work on a friday. Gotta squeeze him for everything you can. He's not good enough to work here but we still want him working as long as possible. Seen it happen so many times it's basically standard operating procedure.

You don’t know how to read?

>3 months notice and pay reduction
lmao enjoy your no call no shows

That's probably fake, but I wouldn't put it past boomers, boomers are pure evil.

>saw this on instagram
>reddit post
>saw this on facebook

i didnt read this post can someone give me a quick rundown on what he said

What's he going to do if you don't show up to work? Just get a new job if he's going to fire you anyway and try to pressure you into working for free because you took one vacation day or whatever

annon posting something he saw on instagram that was taken from reddit that was taken from facebook

Attached: yo dawg 1.jpg (500x321, 11.63K)

He said he’s a Jew and wants the sheep to stay on his farm but he didn’t build any fences

At-will employment is a two way street, bro

I don't know. I think it was something about sucking cocks.

>Any Forums post
>"found this on instagram"
>links reddit post
>"found this on facebook"
We need to go deeper

Previous employers used to be contacted for references, so bolting without notice could harm future prospects. But now companies are afraid of being sued for giving references good or bad so no companies give references anymore, just if someone worked there and between what dates

The HR retard in OP's pic may come off as delusional but she'll get some people that don't know any better to actually follow her rule thinking they'll get in trouble if they don't. Only way it's enforceable is if they make new hires sign a contract that stipulates penalties (like the employee owes three months salary to the employer if they don't provide 3 months notice) but wtf would sign such a contract.

100% true. I work as an accountant and have dealt with these types before. They’re either small mom and pop type places or general min wage jobs. It’s almost always a stupid boomer or older genX pulling this type of shit. Some of them think they’re the second coming of Christ because they run a small biz - “job creator” type mentality and almost always “””””conservative”””””””. I hate them all with a burning passion. Every year around tax time they throw a giant fit and I have to deal with their fucking bullshit.

Sorry, I'm the one that capped it. It showed up on my digg feed.

>Really is it
Yes, it is. This whole "2 week notice" spiel was merely an unspoken rule of cordiality. It's something employees did to ensure they would have a good review from the employer they're leaving to add to their resume. If an employer is going to act the way the one in OP's image, then there is simply no reason to offer them that cordiality, especially since that fool thinks you're going to work for 3 months at reduced pay just because you're leaving, lmao

Your employees do not owe you anything. If you want loyalty you need to display that as a business.

Even if anyone expected a more subjective reference I'd just assume anyone asking for 3 months notice and a pay cut to quit wouldn't have anything nice to say once I left. My current boss probably wouldn't even answer the phone because I'm pretty much running his company for him.

>work 30h overtime goy
>No
Problem solved.

oy vey, have you seen the cost of fencing these days?