WHY BEAUTY MATTERS

twitter.com/culturaltutor/status/1539993488120479747

Architecture & item design is a by-product of culture, and they know that if they have any chance of deceiving the world into global-judeo-satanic-communism they must have an architectural/design style that removes all resemblance of previous cultures across the world. Asymmetrical, distorted & outright hideous glass skyscrapers protruding into our skies, or furniture and the like where beauty is of no concern & usability takes full precedent. These things will continue to replace the old worldwide until each nation, each culture & each race has nothing to differentiate themselves from the rest of the world.

Beauty is an essential resource. Through the pursuit of beauty we shape the world as a home. And in doing so we both amplify our joys and find consolation for our sorrows. Art and music shine a light of meaning on ordinary life and through them we are able to confront the things that trouble us and to find consolation and peace in their presence. This capacity of beauty to redeem our suffering is one reason why beauty can be seen as a substitute for religion. Why give priority to religion? Why not say that religion is a beauty substitute? Better still why describe the two as rivals? The sacred and the beautiful stand side by side, two doors that open onto a single space, and in that space we find our home.

Beauty for the sake of beauty.

Interesting videos to watch related to this:

The Uglification of the World
youtube.com/watch?v=h-Swc9Iu0AM

Roger Scruton: How Modern Culture is Degenerating
youtube.com/watch?v=qFi0rMYuYsA

Roger Scruton on His Documentary "Why Beauty Matters" | Ten Years Later
youtube.com/watch?v=O-B9qjw6uy4

Roger Scruton "Why Beauty Matters" [FULL DOCUMENTARY]
vimeo.com/55426796

Attached: 1656072665922.png (605x749, 221.39K)

One guy has a doorbell it looks like first picture 5 billion people have doorbells it looks like second picture simple as
More importantly are there more fridges or cars?

while i agree with the premise, the reason things look like shit is the time and labor needed to make carved, molded things, and the upkeep and maintenance of the consumer once they buy it. from oiling walnut coat racks, to polishing brass and silver. i restore old furniture and the amount of corners cut in old furniture is no different
dovetail or box joint drawers are hard to make and sourcing quality wood that can justify such a joint vs, mdf or particle board with staples. its a matter of turnover, materials available, and skill. the cost to source walnut, paying skilled craftsmen to carve lions feet into table legs, and the time it takes to carve said feet.
people owned less in the old days. so there was no need to have a showroom filled with ornate or intricate and quality made things for ALL the customers pouring in

>usability
No, wrong. The problem is the need for it to be cheap and mass producable (preferably automated).

>Roger Scruton
have a bump

take your typical steamer trunk. basic wood slats nailed together and bound with metal banding strips. bent nails held it all in place. no frame at all. sturdy but also very flimsy. cant exactly stand on top of them.
they are quite nice, but when you dig a little you find how they are made. not to say they are garbage but its important to honestly assess the crafting methods used to churn out solid wood shit

Who cares dude? We live in an age of unprecedented peace and prosperity, where we can fulfill our sexual desires through a few clicks, order any and all the very best food through an app and gave an abundance of streaming services and video game consoles to keep us satisfied until we keel over. Who cares about whether the buildings around us look pretty or not? None of this stuff matters, we don't matter.

ah the post of a typical consumerist coomer

Architecture is a mirror to the society

Attached: 1653919419365.jpg (720x960, 89.28K)

Patrician post

Attached: Trump toast.jpg (400x300, 35.77K)

Attached: 1653919374424.jpg (1000x667, 699.3K)

>"the cultural tutor"
>uses twitter
learning culture from twitter is like buying a sandwich from a manure salesman.

It's a doorbell, schizo.

At this point, I can't tell if this is satire or sincerity.

Attached: 1651078049359.jpg (2048x1536, 553.93K)

it's even worse than pic related. right image is should be a Ring doorbell camera that captures nigger porch pirates stealing your packages and can be used by law enforcement to surveil you

"usability"
the word you're looking for is utility, Grug.

>one mass-manufactured piece of frilly metal shit is superior to the other mass-manufactured piece of plain shit
Strange hill to die on, but whatever. I'm no longer surprised by the bad taste of tradcvck rurals. Get fucked.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-14 110318.png (1375x772, 1.67M)

That's why I mostly buy antique wooden furniture and pay some woodworker to restore them. My dinner table and buffet are 200 years old yet look amazing and very sturdy. Also have my great grandpa's office table that's made from massive wood and is much more solid than shitty Ikea stuff. Pain in the ass to move though.

Also: This is now a brutalist thread.

Attached: Kolasin-Monument.jpg (1200x800, 103.25K)

Kikes can't create beauty
They can't create anything, only corrupt

Attached: 1636595838287.jpg (4000x4000, 1.15M)

Hey theres a british natsoc researcher/author i think he was also
A professor i cant for the life of me
Remember his name ive searched
4plebs
Googled holocaust deniers

Can you help me out bongbro?
Hes got a III in his name is all i remember
David irving interviewed him and i
Think zundel too

Its driving me mental

>t. incel with bad taste

Attached: 470-b-grand-water-tower1.jpg (1080x1528, 337.97K)

The one on the right is pretty keyed though. Nice soft squidgy button, give it a press...ooooo yeahhh. He should have used more appropriate pictures to make this point desu

>t. gets upset at mass-manufactured cutlery
lmao pathetic

Attached: Brutalist_Architecture_Prentice_Womens_Hospital-700x500.jpg (700x500, 58.37K)

Search;
Doors Italy
Frank Loyd Wright
Art Deco
So many...

simplicity / efficiency / standardization = more profit.
simple as.

Someone please please post that museum (church ??) that is classic and some kike added a glass monstrosity

I don't disagree with you. But you have to understand, most people hate me, so naturally I have to WANT the world to become a global-judeo-satanic-communism.

Humans don't deserve beauty. They deserve slavery and pain.

Hideous

Disgusting

simplicity / efficiency / standardization = more profit = Happy merchants.
simple as.

i dont find tacky ornate gold shit or plain plastic boxes to be 'beautiful'. of course youre british so i wouldnt expect you to have anything resembling taste