Lying on resume tips

What's the best strategy to cover up the fact I was NEET from 2013-2017?

I just graduated with a bachelor's this year but the employment gap before that is absolutely killing me

Attached: file.png (962x1360, 293.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

msn.com/en-au/money/markets/tech-firms-cut-thousands-of-jobs-as-interest-rates-and-recession-risks-climb/ar-AAZv6ab?fromMaestro=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe lie and say you were working, fuckwit

what if they call them to verify my employment?

Just say you died but got better
Or that you went to jail

List companies that went out of business.

Tell them you were in prison non felony. Got your degree there. Can’t discriminate

Say you were “self employed” or something. Either that or a believable sob story about taking time off to take care of a sick relative.

Lying doesn't work anymore, companies run background checks now.

Tell them you were in prison for most of that time. Not for financial crimes though, something like stalking or rape.

yer a moron harry. say that u were an entrepreneur and taking care of sick family members. say that u took time off to travel the world and learn more about it. say that u learnt coding. anything that seems halfway decent that they can't check and/or u can lie successfully.
ur welcome.

Make that up to. If you have a spare sim, give that number so they can't get through to anyone. Or give a friends number if you trust them not to say you diddled kids and got the sack

Volunteered for the Peace Corps.
Went to Ecuador and built schools.
Self employed.
Highly sensitive government contract in charge of monitoring basket weaving forums for trouble (if they ask salary, you are obligated to say that you did it for free.)

Just say your parents are old and we're having health problems and we're taking care of them until things got better.

>Self employed.
>Employed at a company that failed and ceased to exist.
>Health problems.
>Moved to another state to tend to family member.
>Extended vacation.
>Living off crypto investments.

you could look for a company that went out of business around the time your work gap ended and put any job that helps you in that time period for that company, if it doesnt exist you cant check. they wont check anyway but they may call some references

>background checks
>extremely easy to fake

I never lie, but... i wish it wasn't so easy
And never in the way people solve these issues.

Kek a global depression and war is on the way. There will be no work where you're going.

Ahahahahahaha no
T. Still getting high level jobs as a high school dropout

I refuse to lie even to get a job.

Great idea

Say you were unable to work for mental health reasons like I will.
Can't verify, can't discriminate, somewhat true.

Just say that the work you did that period is highly classified and hope they understand.

Any anons here work for any of the background check firms and can confirm? What's the best way to lie about your education (or lack thereof)?

msn.com/en-au/money/markets/tech-firms-cut-thousands-of-jobs-as-interest-rates-and-recession-risks-climb/ar-AAZv6ab?fromMaestro=true

Say you were self employed. Maybe you were a tutor, maybe you teach guitar.

BUMP
bold faced exaggeration
run hutzpah ladies and frens in le CV
not a lie
own your best version
be bold
Christ is King

As someone sifting through resumes rn, Employers don’t want to know your entire history. Personally I only care about your immediate history, as that’s the only stuff which indicates your current experience or skill level. I don’t give a shit if you did X 10 years ago at some company you haven’t been with ever since. If you just graduated, that’s what I’m looking at.

So my advice, leave everything before your college off. If the interviewer asks what you did between those years, say “its not relevant to this position.”

You’re both not lying and not telling them you were unemployed

Reinvent yourself as trans AND Latino. Start growing your hair long and show up to your interviews with some obvious makeup. Keep the long hair and skip the makeup once you get hired.

find whatever gig economy job is most closely related to the job you're applying for and say you did that.. either delete your linkedin profile or change it to reflect the lie..

Whatever you do.. never tell HR the truth.. ever.

>So my advice, leave everything before your college off. If the interviewer asks what you did between those years, say “its not relevant to this position.”

Would this actually work? or am I being baited

I feel like a comment like that would just piss them off

I don’t work for one, but my current employer actually checked if I had a degree. I’d probably just list a foreign university or just put the years I attended college without saying I didn’t graduate if I had to lie.

>you are obligated to say that you did it for free.)
So.. put janny as job title?

Not bait, I’m for real. You can fool around with the wording if you want to make it less terse, but if you deliver it with confidence they’ll accept that answer and move on

Background checks that companies run don’t show education or work history, they show criminal record (have you ever been convicted of a crime) and maybe court information (have you ever been sued or sued anybody). That’s it.

You can lie about having a degree, they will never check. One time I interviewed a guy for a job and he was so incompetent I told our HR staff that I didn’t believe he actually went to college and graduated. I asked if they ever check that and was told no, not only at my company, but every place the HR guy ever worked didn’t check either.

send me $20 paypal and you can use me as a work reference. ill lie and say whatever you want in case they call.

lol same

tell them you were taking care of a sick relative, and/or did freelance work, have some actual personal projects to back that up.
Its literally that simple

>No forklift certificate
ngmi

no they don't. i've had 4 high finance jobs that "ran background checks."

i didn't graduate high school.

>medical issues that are now resolved
Something to that effect.

>self-employed sucking off men in back alleys

Bullshit, nobody checks education unless it’s a specific industry. What industry are you in?

Unless you’re getting some job that requires a degree like Che your physics, or a phd or something, nobody is going to check

>>Extended vacation.
>>Living off crypto investments.
this, nothing wrong with either of these.
makes you look well off and having your shit together

This. Background checks are for finding out if you have a criminal record or maybe if you’ve been involved in any lawsuits

Just lie bro, most companies won't check shit

Just say you were working on a personal project or trying to start a business or something else that doesn't hinge on a 3rd party they can verify with
I don't even get it what's the peoblem with having a time gap in your resume? It's not illegal to not be working if you have the money to support you

MY idea too FPBP

List random warehouse jobs. Not once have I been requested to give a number for those jobs because managers change so often due to high turnover.

dont lie about shit you dont know about, especialy if you work in a skill based/technical position. im an analytical chemist and this dumb bitch with basically zero experience got knocked down to entry level because of it

You're suppose to say it's because you were out fucking their mom.

I've actually been thinking about this problem recently. This doesn't help you, since its too late, but what keeps a person from starting an LLC and saying that you were running a small business during employment gaps?
For example:
>Graduate from college
>Form LLC, make somewhat generic website for it, perhaps with some kind of eCommerce element to it depending on what your field
>Describe yourself, in addition to whatever your other credentials are, as a small business owner and entrepreneur
>Lean on this to explain any employment gaps you may have in the future
>"user, it doesn't look like you've been employed since you were laid off at Shekelberg's last year..."
>"Yes, during that time I have focused on adding value to my small online business."
>You actually spent half the time NEETing, and half desperately searching for gainful employment, but they need not know that.

Attached: 1646808163161.png (420x420, 14.72K)

>What industry are you in?
Insurance (actuary)
>nobody checks education unless it’s a specific industry
You’re probably right there, but they can check if they want to. That was my point.

Say you were starting a business with a partner and you signed NDAs prohibiting you from talking about it, but that it is a software business in the same tech stack as them and that you wish you could say more but for them to trust you. I covered up a year in jail like that and got hired and went up crazy in value because of it. Going to jail got me to $180k/yr today. You can do it user

Same but I'll do it for $15

It's legal to say you're a woman
>Also, it doesn't hurt to claim you're a Native American

Attached: Big Chief.jpg (548x700, 52.24K)

I've thought about that too. Too late for me now, but if I have children I will set such a thing up, so that they have a constant employment history regardless of anything.

You're IT? Tell them you were running your own independent consultancy for small businesses like law firms, doctors offices and schools. I do this here and there so technically I never "stop" and I claim any unemployment gap I keep busy with it. It stems from like 2012 to today.

They won't ask for a reference from that just have competent answers to work you did for them l anti-virus, backups, cloud setup, data recovery etc

Sabbatical. Be proud of your time off and they will too. You took time off for self-enrichment and study.

Nobody does it because it’s a gigantic pain in the ass. The HR person is going to have to contact xyz university, and navigate the massive administrative bureaucracy just to ask them to pull a student transcript for some guy who graduated 5, 10, 20 years ago?

It would take hours on the phone/sending emails. Nobody does it unless you’re doing a hardcore science role

Don’t worry, she’ll be promoted over you in a few years
Esp if she lies that easyly

You were aboard. Or you were working for a company who went bankrupt.