Joining the US Military in your 30s

I'll keep this short and sweet: I'm 38. Single and in a dead end job in a dying industry. Only have an associate degree from a shitty college.

Really considering saying, "fuck it" and joining the Air Force since they'll take healthy people up until their 40th birthday. It would obviously be a guaranteed job with housing provided for me.

What would be the cons of doing this? Could this be a decent midlife crisis move or am I just a complete retard?

Attached: DF297D8F-0F81-4506-A9E9-E36EF89503F6.jpg (1124x1028, 365.61K)

Do it. Good luck

by age 38 you should have saved enough money to retire

Attached: 1579263172426.jpg (859x1024, 62.89K)

38 is a bit old man. Are you gonna be ok with kids in their early 20's bossing you around?

99.9999% of people do not and those that do inherited it or were given comfy jobs by family members.

At age 40 your body thinks you've reproduced and starts dying.

Join Border Patrol and fight real enemies instead of more oil for israel

>this fucking gay pasta again
下げ

It's not like he has a choice. It's better than his current position and he has to accept the hand of cards he has.

They'll probably turn you down. But the SeeBees were on average 38 (didn't want to train a new crop), and my dad's friend joined the AF at that age, but he had two stints in the Marines before. Helped land AirForce One at some point as a ground leader.

There's always a choice, the military is just a really shitty job + housing and benefits. OP could just get a somewhat less shit job than he currently has and work his way up from there.

the us military has zero fitness standards at this point, so yeah youre cool. join the army and tell them youre trans, nobody will be allowed to yell at you for anything and then just fake a period for 4 years.

based.

>It's not like he has a choice.
ah yes, he could never possibly learn a different skill or find a job in another industry.

me in the back

When I was in there were a few older folks who joined. With a good idea of what you are getting into it's not a bad choice. Get in a decent field and then get out and use the Post 911 GI Bill and finish your degree.
t. USN Retired

Attached: 1529927672696.jpg (604x604, 64.5K)

free room. free board. free travel. in exchange for your freedom and taking orders all the time. There is little privacy in the military. You will also be indoctrinated to hate yourself if you are white and a male. You will also get the experimental vax.

The younger airman in your basic training flight will respect you as long as you’re cool and assertive. You only need 3 years for all the benefits, so youll be around 42 when you get out, but at least you have those benefits. Join an AFC that doesn’t deploy like 2A6X1. You’re too old for that shit.

Also Air Force shouldn't be that bad but at 39 your body will ache bad in PT. Running will ruin your knees. And your back will get fucked up.

Thia copy pasta needs herbal remedy.

If you have literally no other option then get the shortest contract possible with the easiest job. Save money and when you start getting out they'll give you training in a job of your choice depending on where you're stationed and you can have a better paying job once you get out. VA home loan and shit too. Don't consider it for a career

Attached: 1640998727195.jpg (498x343, 42.5K)

Late 30’s is doable if you land a good AFSC like intel or airfield operations. If you get logistics or Force Support it’s over.
5 year Officer got out in 2015 when they started downsizing

Enjoy being yelled at and berated by niggers and women half your age and calling them sir and ma'am

Nice copy pasta, if only it wasn't a real campaign

Attached: hilter army.webm (480x360, 2.39M)

I love how all these faggots don't even talk about the vax. /pol is filled with normies.

Ngl but that Asian dude in the British military on that instagram of OP is a total chad with a hot white gf

> Tfw no white gf

Is the US army really recruiting on Any Forums? Is it that bad? For anyone who cant see what this post is
>post high age so anons feel comfortable with their age
>say they have a low level degree so a high portion of people can meet this
>Try to sell it with "theyll feed and take care of me, maybe even give me tenders"

Which one? It’s common knowledge that you’ll be vaccinated to everything on the spectrum. Which vaccination do you want to talk about first? Flu shots are also mandatory every year.

Taking orders from faggots and trannies is only for people without honor. But we already knew that about zogbots, we already saw the cowards run like dogs from Afghanistan. Be a man, user. Don't associate yourself with cowards.

I wonder how their kids are going to turn out though

I wouldnt. If you really wanted to you better go the officer route. See if your skills are useful and relevant enough to not be stuck as a lieutenant at least. 20 years you retire with pay and benefits so it could work out.

Look into the national guard, with the 'degree' you might be able to become an officer with that. Ask at a ghetto recruiting station they'll take care of you.

mask enforce me harder you fucking nazi turbo groomer.

This thread again?
Fucking retards goes in all fields

user, I did that shit when I was 17 and I didn't mind being treated like a child in basic. Want to know why? I WAS a child. I cannot even fathom going into the military service when you've actually lived the adult life previously. You've already seen what's on the other side and now you want to revert back to being treated like dirt?
Either way, you shouldn't be joining a force that actively advocates for trans rights and BLM. The military has abandoned white men, it's core recruitment base, and deserves to suffer for it. Biden is your commander in chief. I cannot think of anything more cucked. C'mon man, you're 38.

Why do all south asian men look like fucking sunburned fish?

The con is you fight for the wrong side then.

Kek, why is she wearing blue contacts? Obsessed.

Attached: 1652425647209.jpg (600x600, 177.6K)

uncanny

enjoy your war with china lol

Attached: 1656947197074.jpg (720x720, 68.76K)

i want tendies... are you telling me zogbots get tendies?

tendies!!
tendies!!!!