FuckCars/new urbanism/orangepill

To any of you who know about the new urbanism movement/ anti-car movement/ not just bikes (orangepill) or anything like that, what are your thoughts?

imo it makes perfect sense. cars are expensive as hell and building highways fucks up cities beyond repair. go watch some not just bikes videos and see.

Attached: download (1).png (225x225, 5.02K)

bump

Surely someone can photoshop that to say not just kikes

This faggot channel keeps getting pushed to me even though i explicitly told jewtube not to recommend it. Im gonna start dcmaing that faggot

what's wrong with it

get help please

Commies hate cars because with they provide freedom of movement that isn't reliant on the government.

Definitely based. Cars suck, and commuting is awful. Being able to walk everywhere you want/need to go is clearly the best kind of lifestyle. even got a Nebula account because of NJB joining, mostly.

it's pretty much the government's fault that i can't leave the house without a car but ok bud

This is so important. People need to understand this exact point: that bad city planning leads to people being forced to drive everywhere and not having the freedom to choose their preferred mode of transportation (walking, cycling, tram, subway, etc.).

The place you want already exists. Move there.

am trying, thanks

Do modern day zoning laws inhibit or reinforce the kind of city building that lead to what OP is saying? Is it entirely based on the state/county/township? Although it's easier said that done, why hasn't anyone built a city that doesn't prescribe to car-centric transportation?

Same as environmentalism. In principle I agree, but there is no such thing as disembodied policy. All policy requires giving people power, and as the left try to make this a proprietary issue, I'm forced to oppose it not because I disagree with it in principle, but because the talking point has become the pseudo IP of a faction I cannot trust.

I suspect this is a fairly common stance, since dystopian suburbs, burgerpunk, single use zoning, interplay between density and social trust etc have been talking points here since forever. It's also why there is now a massive rise in vaccine skepticism. Nobody in the past was concerned about adults getting flu jabs etc, despite people being more "right wing" back then, because it isn't actually about vaccines themselves, it's the fact that it's now being coordinated by an untrustworthy faction. Hell Pfizer etc refuse to accept legal responsibility for potential adverse affects despite getting billions in non consensual profits from the mandates, and this alone is going to make people afraid. A king refusing meals from strangers isn't anti-food, he just cannot trust strangers to prepare his food.

Before we can solve real problems, we first need to solve the problem of low social trust. Voluntary segregation into locally high trust communities is the simplest way to do this, but so much of modern morality is built around the idea that segregation is inherently immoral, so it's not easy to sell.

>new urbanism movement/ anti-car movement
he is for livable cities that's all
mutts have no concept of a livable city

Attached: american-muttpc.png (714x656, 78.14K)

Attached: 1612013108288.jpg (480x435, 27.02K)

Based channel. Every mutt should be forced to watch it to undo the brainwashing from the big car industry.

It's undoing his conditioning to confuse the enslavement to the car for freedom.

its part of the you will own nothing and you'll be happy propaganda. Just cause americans are retarded and design cities doesnt mean we should ban cars.

*and cant design

Kill all jews

agreed. and i agree with most of his points

Are you sure you want to keep praising the Dutch government's approach to central planning?

I've always wondered about the effect of cars etc on cortisol and similar stress hormones. Chronic high levels of these are associated with all the physical peculiarities Any Forums notices in millennials and zoomer urbanites, and needing to constantly be on alert for cars whizzing past you is going to fry people's stress responses. We didn't evolve to live like this. A lion attack isn't something that is happening all day everyday for your entire life, it's concentrated into a short intense burst followed by downtime for recovery.

Many cities here are easily walkable, with cars only really being necessary if your job requires driving, if you are commuting to London, or if you need to move more than you can carry. By far the biggest difference I notice between UK cities and US cities (ie much more than public transport etc) is the zoning. Our cities are dominated by mid-density hybrid residential-commercial units like pic-related. I have no idea where this is exactly (guessing Scotland somewhere from the architecture), but almost every urban street here looks something like this. Typically the ground floor will be a commercial unit, and the floors above will be apartments. Newer buildings might separate the residential and commercial into their own lots, but they still share the same streets etc. Low density exists in suburbs and small towns just like the US, just the sprawl isn't as bad here, while high density residential is very rare here. We don't really have anything comparable to NYC high-rise spam or Chinese commiebock spam. Many cities outside of London have no tower blocks at all, and many of the tower blocks that do exist are seen as failed experiments and are scheduled to be torn down.

Attached: literally-where.jpg (640x480, 81.99K)

I don't see the problem with making cars second class transport in urban cores -- I don't plan on ever going there anyway.

No one is saying that cars should be banned, but designing a city completely centered around them is retarded for obvious reasons