How did Hunter Biden's password get cracked so fast?

Given it was a Brute Force/dictionary attempt it would take a single computer (from what I understand) a few years to crack a password like that, with a capital letter, two digits and a special character.
But anons got it in a few hours. I know it was running on multiple machines but I guess it wouldn't be a linear reduction in time because of collisions in computers sometimes guessing the same passwords, unless some synchronisation took place.
And there were only like 60 peers on the torrent
Can some Cyber Security user explain?
Was there
Or did the user that cracked it have it beforehand and lied?

Attached: 1655446253455.jpg (1200x675, 156.19K)

Don't modern systems lock you out if you try an incorrect password a few times?

The retard didn’t change his password

imagine the coverage if it was trumps son selling crack

I don't think this applies, because it was an offline back up
It still took really short to break it

Deepstate cracked it. Biden is too senile to play ball and has to go.

Wasn't there, but I can tell you this.
The "takes a few years" to crack "this password" is kind of out of date. Every year, new tech comes out.
Say GPU of 2018 cracks an 8 character password with capitals, symbols and numbers in 2 hours.
Now a GPU in 2022 comes out and it is 50% faster than the GPU of 2018.
Now it only takes 1 hour to crack the same password.
Actually, GPUs that are coming out this year, at best, are around 200% faster than 2019 GPUs.
Now add exploits, modern dictionaries, multiple GPUs, cloud compute, newer algorithms, more efficient programs for cracking, etc.
But if I read the news correctly, Hunter's laptop was cracked because he didn't change a pw or something.
Your passwords are not secure, even if you read an article that says it will take the age of the universe to crack a password with a GPU (GPUs get better, we find exploits, attacks get better, so on so on).
Try cracking a 5 character mixed character password with a GPU from 2006, then try cracking it again with a GPU that came out 2019+.

Most likely?
He gave the password to some crackwhore to use his phone when he was too high to make a transfer for a drug deal or some shit and later forgot about it.

hes a drug addled retard his password was definitely not secure and easily cracked by a dictionary attack

It makes much more sense if he had it leaked from somewhere else

We know what it was, I believe "Julieis26!"

Maybe pic related?

Attached: 1657207961525.jpg (698x1184, 325.43K)

It does and it probably happened that way.
Just don't think GPUs and tech will never be able to crack things quickly. Tech gets better all the time. :)
I remember running a program to crack something on something from 2012, can't remember maybe Nvidia.
Took forever. All day. Worst of all, it was my password I lost.
Anyway, I tried again with some newer stuff for fun later, 2018 I think, had it cracked in an hour tops. Not sure why it was so much faster, but it was.
It will get fast enough that no password will be safe.

Who is Julie? Usually people choose passwords based on something personal to them

Attached: White privilege2.jpg (736x736, 314.01K)

Because his password was lolihunter69

Could be an internal conflict between US intelligence agencies, foreign activity, or some anons got really, really damn lucky.

Juliais26!
not Julie

Dumbass you know nothing of keyspace.
>Julie - Name
>is - dictionary word
>26!
standard user practice to add 1-3 numbers on tail end + special character

No one cares about Hunters cock. That’s the summary of this whole situation.

They create a mirror of the phone to crack.

Julia, character in novel 1984, is 26 years old.

Honestly, i don't think Any Forums hacked it at all, but it is what ig is

I guess password managers are the safest option nowadays
Maybe a hooker he really liked

Like 99,9999999999% of passwords people make up it got nailed by a dictionary attack, this is a given. Retards put in things like "D0lphinP0rn123" and call it a day. Of course your average joe is irrelevant so it never gets even an attempt of cracking.

Crack it then and see how long it takes you, report back in a few days
Also that's why I asked the question in the first place, nigger

Depends on characters and length used. Any password can be cracked with the right amount of effort. Once you get past the 12+ character range then the effort needed becomes exponential.
Tl:dr; most people use at least 7 character passwords and that takes no time to crack.

most my passwords are 17 characters to 19, am I doing it right?

Because it was an intentional leak.

See pic rel.

Attached: C02C5CC7-E13B-429A-B63D-E28C8F5F50FC.jpg (1160x835, 238.56K)

white hats

Well son these super hackers don't just control a single computer these days.
They probably used a bit of processing power off one of yours. Like some sorta swarm of locuts. Cloud v cloud warfare.

And hey. Just saw the headline about ai assisted cpu coming to retail. Laws of exponentials about to singularity dat ass soon.

If we wanted proof go get Natalie’s icloud

Bonus points because the compromat they didn't realease will then be held over his head when they need favors later. Hunter is an investment

anyone with depression, Terry just told you the answer. He's 100% correct.
You're not too depressed to work, you're depressed because you don't work.

>How did Hunter Biden's password get cracked so fast?
whitehats gave us the pass

Pasword was "123" or "Qwerty"

The character count has zero relevance if you use actual words. Everyone and their dog runs dictionary first. Three words from a dictionary gets nailed in minutes, it doesn't matter if each of them has 20 characters.

Nigga, it's 2022, you can buy remote computer resources.

Attached: Screenshot_20220711-124355_Chrome.jpg (1080x517, 175.52K)

Crunch + Hashcat + common sense you dumb computer illiterate nigger

>anons got it in a few hours

"anons"aka The Russian and Chinese governments

Boomers are notorious for having bad IT security. His password was probably P@ssw0rd or something.

In case you missed: Biden is gone and now an actor is doing his job.
Arthur Robinson seems to be the actor.

lololol tranny head canon
Hunter will never serve in any public office, Joe ain't going to finish his term, Democrats are going to be a totally dead party for a couple generations when this whole shit show is finally finished
NCSWIC

It was niggerniggernigger which was one of the first guessed an user would make

yeah his Alzheimer's fumbles are too well timed to be real

Attached: Bush Mask.jpg (1280x720, 93.76K)

>cracked
he reuses the same password from previous leaks
nobody cracked it, it was a guess based off of password history tied to the email

This guy has lost like what 3 laptops and a iphone now? Seems like he's trying to drip evidence.

Software on iphone will lock you out.
Crack tool used doesn't stop at 2 bad trys.

Yeah that shit would get cracked in hours by a dictionary attack.
>a name followed by 2 numbers and an exclamation point
Literally almost as secure as ABCD followed by your birthyear.

Go read the fucking threads to find out

Wat dis

Attached: 4C69EE64-04F7-4FAB-A70A-FDCB2E32F335.jpg (528x667, 111.78K)

who can it beeeee now

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-11 104851.jpg (990x409, 89.04K)