/mog/ - Monkeypox Outbreak General #98

SIGA edition

9,575 cases in 69 countries

>NTI Bio - 2021 Monkeypox Tabletop Exercise Conducted in Partnership with the Munich Security Conference
nti.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/NTI_Paper_BIO-TTX_Final.pdf

>Wikipedia page (most current case count):
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_monkeypox_outbreak

>Regularly updated Twitter feed
twitter.com/Monkeypoxtally

>Massive database of news articles all relating to Monkeypox outbreak daily
monkeypoxvirus.net/

>Charts and Statistics
monkeypox-statistics.com/

>Monkeypox chart
ourworldindata.org/monkeypox

>Genomic epidemiology of monkeypox virus
nextstrain.org/monkeypox

>Bioweapon research study: pneumonia + monkeypox = 50% fatality rate
researchgate.net/publication/13205541_Cutaneous_Manifestations_of_Biological_Warfare_and_Related_Threat_Agents

>In February 2022, Virologica Sinica published a gain of function performed by the Wuhan Institute of Virology in August 2021 - Experimenting with Monkeypox
virosin.org/en/article/doi/10.1016/j.virs.2022.02.009

>US government orders $119 million dollars worth (13 million doses) of Monkeypox vaccine before the May 2022 outbreak began
precisionvaccinations.com/vaccines/jynneos-smallpox-monkeypox-vaccine

>CDC websites says - Currently, there is no proven, safe treatment for monkeypox virus infection.
cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/treatment.html

>SIGA Technologies gets UK approval for monkeypox drug
ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/siga-technologies-gets-uk-approval-122320230.html

prev

Attached: 1655993754898.png (558x887, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/envidreamz/status/1546523934794842112
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Speaking of SIGA, those hedgefunds are relentless aren't they? They really want those options to expire worthless on Friday. Don't care though.
Case predictions for end of August?

we're breaking 10k today

Attached: the irrepressible MONKE.webm (720x404, 1.22M)

Yeah my December calls are getting a little fucked today. I truly believe it will be $50< by that expiry though so I feel okay.

Attached: 1639070354803.jpg (675x582, 86.05K)

Hopefully Perubro. I think UK reports tomorrow so that should be a nice boost too.

Might get to 11-12 depending on the US numbers. CA/NY are currently shit shows that only seem to be accelerating.

Do you think we're past the point of no return of this becoming a pandemic?

Based. Reminder that the media also let Covid spread and was quiet about it after the initial outbreak

Someone tell me when the faggots start transmitting something lethal again. Monkeypox is kinda neat because we can see how quickly they spread an STD, but it is even less deadly than corona-chan.

But people don't want visible scars that last a lifetime all over their bodies.

Its very lethal in kids and pregnant women user. That's the issue. If gays are constantly giving each other the pox and then spreading occasionally giving it to others in small amounts, random kids are gonna die covered in pox and in excruciating pain. Its not cool man. All because the gays just can't fucking random strangers.
Oh and it can infect almost any type of mammal, so it will eventually get into rats, cats, dogs, etc.

Gays are the perfect disease carrier.

Probably.

Attached: 11.07.22 'chickenpox'.jpg (738x719, 288.21K)

My professor showed up today with pox looking marks on their forehead. He was wearing a mask saying he really wasn't feeling well. He ended up ending class early. I'm also pretty sure he's gay.
Needless to say I think its time to stop using public restrooms.

twitter.com/envidreamz/status/1546523934794842112

Attached: FXZbUlEXEAAG8mM.jpg (1284x1334, 207.24K)

>but it is even less deadly than corona-chan.
If it's been lab tampered as suggested by the fact that this variant has around 50 mutations more than the previous strain, this could be even worse as Monkeypox has been shown to have a fatality rate of close to 50% when combined with pneumonia. If the vaccinated have compromised immune systems, and a non-lethal monkeypox is allowed to become a pandemic, millions could potentially die

Yep.
It gives kids seizures.
During the last outbreak it causes a large percent of them to go into comas.
Kids don't deserve this anons. Its not fair.

You posted that on stocktwits too right

Monkeypox having millions of people to play around with and mutate in is a recipe for a horrific disaster.
It WILL evolve to spread more, thus that means MORE pox marks.
It might even evolve back into something like smallpox. This is all happening because we couldn't tell gays to cool it for a month.

What state are you in?

>Kids don't deserve this anons. Its not fair.
Agreed. I would very much like to see public hangings return.

Attached: 06.06.22 apobec3.jpg (728x509, 185.64K)

Siga means pig

Yeah. I figured it would generate more discussion here. It was surreal though, I don't know what to say except that it happened.

>State
Southern Florida

Apparently it's spreading fast there. Good luck user. I would legit be carrying hand sanitizer with me and trying not to touch anything.

Attached: 10.07.22.jpg (996x542, 161.67K)

Attached: bump.jpg (864x858, 324.91K)

bump

Attached: how many passes.jpg (844x568, 178.13K)

Depends. If one of the following happens, then yes:
>gains the ability to jump from humans to squirrels and then back to humans
>confirmed that it exists on surfaces for an extended period of time
>mutates to make it so it can be spread easier in the air
In terms of response, we are probably already fucked. They ((waited)) a full two months to do anything and there are still pride parades going on. We already know this strand is mutating in a way that should not be naturally possible...so it is just going to depend on how much it mutates from the original exposure to whenever we (media, government, society as a whole) begins to care.

Literally all signs point to a lockdown at this point.