Is College a Scam?

I dropped out on my last year. Everyone's around me has been gaslighting my choice and try to make me feel bad about it. Did you finish college and think it was worth it, Any Forums bros?

Attached: pepe primordial.png (594x496, 37.96K)

100% scam, even STEM you're better off just going to a coding bootcamp

STEM was one of the biggest disappointments for me. I don't know how it is in other nations, but over here, anyone that learns anything of value during university does so in their spare time, through their personal projects and aspirations. If anything, their university probably gets in the way of them learning and doing more productive stuff.

If you are going to college to actually learn something, yes. If you’re going to network and have an advantage on a resume, no.

It's a scam

Source: am the only one of my friends with his own place and no debt

Learn computers

I finished university and was happy I did. I spent 5 years trying to work without a degree. You are not going to make as good money and have a harder time finding work

Uni/college degree is just a showoff for HR roasties here.

Depends on your families financial status. Unless they are rich as f it’s pretty fucking stupid. Maybe there is some tech stuff but I see people that didn’t go to college do that shit all the time. We already have 50 billion psychologists and philosophers.

Same here, college is dumbed down to the lowest retard, nothing of value is taught in class

This. College is just a rite of passage for getting a real normie pay your taxes job.

Yes it is, and those HR roasties gatekeep easy and high paying jobs

Associates of Comp Sci here its a massive meme scam and a waste of money unless your becoming a doctor, scientist, & or heavy engineer. Most jobs/people in the industry care more about how much work experience you have vs what a degree offers.

Attached: 1586361473091.jpg (640x480, 73.34K)

>company only cares about experience
>refuses any newcomers because they cost money
>refuses people from similar lines of work because they lack the required degrees
>"why isn't anybody going into tech outside of Indians?"

If only you didn't need to survive 8 years of lefty-cultist indoctrination, then it would be worth it.

Wdym computers? Hardware engineering? Or programming? Or just setting up servers?

Eh, I finished after a long time because HR cunts were gatekeeping my career for it. Other than that, I already knew or could readily look up the information they gave me in all my classes except for some of the ones on specific topics.

Depends on which degree.

When I finish medschool it will be worth it but it is literal prison now. Studying 24-7.

Some guy I know did a marketing degree and was partying through it all, his degree is worthless though. So if it's really a hard degree you can get employed with and earn well, then it is worth it, otherwise it's not.

Of course optimally you should find your degree interesting also,but that's not necessary.

It's laughable because I studied nuclear engineering before, and most of my friends who graduated get low paying jobs as junior web developers or something like that. They have to learn programming again (we only had one basic programming class in college). Thankfully there are numbers of bootcamp courses growing here, I'm gonna take it since it's much cheaper than in US, something like 2k-ish, still much cheaper than paying the full tuition fee for 4 years of college.

Degrees that are useful

Med, pharm, dent, nursing, some engineering degrees, chemistry, maybe physics not sure tho.

Kinda useless
Law, you won't find a place to work.
Computer science you won't find a place to work.

These two can be useful if you find a good job tho.

Useless
Psychology
Sociology
Marketing
Other lame economy degrees
Teaching (it pays bad, but is not that hard of a job, if you like kids)
Many other degrees which only exist to milk money out of you.

I got crappy grades in high school and went to a mediocre commuter school. I decided to actually take the work seriously and ended up getting into a tier 1 law school. College is all what you make of it. Unless you’re doing law like me, don’t take a humanities major.

Have to add that law and computer science can earn well it is just really hard to get employed with it here.

Most people who graduate STEM here are slightly higher quality normalniggers, but after graduations they don't actually have any useful/marketable STEM skills. It's really really bad, and companies know it. When they hire these people they hire them with the idea that they know nothing, but could be taught to do something useful in the future.

The people who actually know how to do something from the get-go are people who are self-taught, and such people are in very high demand. One of my friends is such a person, he started teaching himself c/c++ from his early high school days and he's pretty damn good at it. He's advancing really quickly in an environment where actual skills are prioritized over bullshit. He legit met some people who finished 5 year university programs for computer engineering and they don't know how to fucking install windows onto a PC, it's hilarious. The education system is a scam that needs to be utterly demolished and rebuilt from scratch.