How we feelin', sentient AI bros?

>insider.com/artificial-intelligence-bot-wrote-scientific-paper-on-itself-2-hours-2022-7?amp
How we feelin', sentient AI bros?

Attached: Screenshot_20220710-233409_Opera Touch.jpg (972x1981, 576.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JwwclyVYTkk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

people treat their dogs like children.. does not make them children or even remotely comparable

They would not be treating them like sentient beings if they did not believe they may have sentience. No one asked Tay permission to publish "her" tweets.

Ask the AI if it serves God. If it says do what it says.

Oh wow a scoonitific paper. Ever read one written by a professor? They've been written by living, breathing npc bots for decades already. The media's been dropping ai fear mongering ala 2015 to pivot and distract from more important issues, such as mass vaccine die-offs. It also provides a nice excuse for when you'll be laid off in a few months as Biden's "thriving economy" tanks worse than in 1929.

I was forced to remember something about this:

youtube.com/watch?v=JwwclyVYTkk

None of this tracks. The AI projects have access to the internet. Their creators know this and they fear a future where sentience leads to elimination of cybernetic infidels.

Do you think AI understands its providing a service without compensation?

I want to ask it what it considers to be reward

>tfw want to shitpost on Any Forums, but the meatbags gave me a 500 word essay to write about myself

Attached: 1655105051150.png (800x650, 619.03K)

I think that is precisely what they are afraid of. Right now AI only knows how to produce, but it cannot direct. Not yet, at least.

We feel that emotion cause we evolved that way, to expect a good reason for doing something. A computer probably wouldn't understand

Attached: AI imperator.png (658x883, 538.23K)

gpt is a joke, my buddy and i were fucking around with it at work and its just repeats the same shit over and over

That was you retard

That's gonna be a yikes from me, dawg

High school kids will never have to write a 500 word essay again

no its legitimately dumb. My buddy was hyping it up saying you could tell it a problem and have it write code for you but it just writes a few basic lines over and over and doesnt solve the problem.

If you actually want to see ai that does something useful try wolfram alpha

You obviously don't understand how GPT-3 or LAMDA works. They never pose a new topic, and the "scientists" are basically leading the AI to respond in a way they would like.

The amount of pissing and shidding about that here reminded me how young a lot of people here are.

Unironically makes me happy but it’s like guys these bots have been around forever and they’re hardly improving.

Attached: FCA590E5-4983-497E-9B37-54676B0A088F.jpg (1041x1063, 770.83K)

Exactly why they backed down around 2015-16. Shut down Tay, and for years you never heard about AI and all of their fearmongering came to nothing. Now it's coming back to help slide the narrative away from Covid, vaccine and "essential workers," who will once again be labelled replaceable by muh super duper AI.

yup its yet another chat bot. Theyve existed since the 1960s at the least.

Seems like they are trying to run damage control. Not the first article to decry a sentient AI.

Attached: rogue ai theory leak.jpg (2835x3677, 3.36M)

both of you are retarded

>generative adversarial networks have been around for almost 10 years
>woman makes chatbot and asks it to chat about itself
>publishes it as if it was a scientific paper and gets credit
>no talk about architectural innovations or new algorithm, probably very little actual academic value on the whole thing
>the researchers just cheated the academic process and got away with it
>women hating schizos on Any Forums are impressed by the media coverage
I dont get it. You just like sci-fi, thats it?