What's it like living in the white side of chicago (north side, circled in pic) in 2022?

what's it like living in the white side of chicago (north side, circled in pic) in 2022?

it is the largest congregation of white people in the midwest and one of the largest in the country as well. the white population of chicago has risen 1% from 2010 to 2020, but how have things faired since covid and blm?

can any anons share experiences with what it's like living there?

Attached: 2E84CDEA-AE71-4190-B09C-C4EDCCD436C2.jpg (630x823, 192.2K)

It sucks, no houses with 10+ acres to make a farmstead on.

That's the hipster/yuppie area, if you zoom out a bit there are other white areas in the far northwest and south, mostly single family houses (the bungalow belt). It's actually not bad. Most of the violent crime in Chicago is black-on-black and confined to their neighborhoods which are 95%+ black.

Attached: bungalos.png (1600x900, 3.46M)

Chicago literally has drawbridges that can literally be raised to keep the chimpouts contained. More cities should consider moats and drawbridges.

Attached: 23ABD123-5AAD-4F75-9A7A-DF1AAE2BC7C6.jpg (2048x1365, 740.06K)

are there any normal people living here, or is it exclusively hipsters/yuppies? what's it like for day-to-day living?

95% of the crime takes place in 5 neighborhoods that are 97% black

Chicago is literally an urban paradise, or as close as it can get in the U.S.

How did all those spics get up there?

It's mostly liberals. Anyone voting republican there is probably extremely wealthy. If you have a lot of money and like eating out and stuff it's probably nice. If you want to raise a family I'd go for the northwest side.

They work at the hipster restaurants.

it's fine

Attached: 1648172049438.jpg (1920x1080, 500.79K)

Very much hipster/yuppie. I grew up and lived most of my life in Norwood Park (far Northwest on that map), and until the late 90s everything a few miles off the shore used to be pretty lousy because of all the housing projects. Depaul has their main campus near the center of the circle so that has helped, and the city is trying to gentrify the old industrial parts along the river (Goose Island 2.0, Lincoln Yards).

Most unmarried people are going to be living in 3-6 flats with some larger complexes thrown in. Car ownership is not necessary. Day-to-day is probably going to involve taking the L (brown or red line) to the Loop, working for like 9 hours, and either going back to your apartment or going out somewhere just north of the Loop or heading back to your area and going out there.

Since my family still lives in the area something I have noticed when I have visited is that a lot of the old 3-flats are being converted to single-family units. So anecdotally there are people looking to settle down.

As a kid I used to explore some of the old machine shops/factories along the river. Now they're all converted to lofts. A LOT of heavy metal and poison in those old buildings, makes me wonder how well they decontaminated them before putting them up for lease at $2200/month.

Gold Coasters are basically a tribe of cliff dwellers. The lakeside and city skyline views are pretty epic from 30 floors up. The neighborhoods are walkable, full of stunning 19th century architecture, and contain excellent restaurants and bars. It's nice to have a car for supermarket/Costco runs, but hopping a bus downtown is often easier than trying to find parking. BLM turned Mag Mile into Plywood City, but it's bouncing back a bit. Rumors of mass depopulation turned out to be overhyped, and rents are actually higher now then in 2019. Great place to visit in the warmer months, but the winters are truly horrific.

most of the people leaving are niggers heading souf

Kino

Attached: chi2121.jpg (366x488, 83.83K)

28 miles of nothing but parks and nice lakeside walking/biking

Other cities... are you even trying?

looks really nice

I lived at 1400 n lake shore dr for 2 years.
No regrets, the near north side is great.
And i was there during the Cabrini Green years.

Attached: chilip2.png (921x615, 1.36M)

incredibly jewish and gay, also there are nigs and spics in northside as well, it isn't all whites

also your guns are banned but nigs and jews can shoot you up at any moment

Do bike the drive one year please.

No fucking regrets.

Attached: chi1000.jpg (6038x3206, 3.03M)

best kept secret, no one knows how great the great lakes region is

Attached: 20210629_151116.jpg (1194x634, 197.69K)

Rent prices have no relationship with the number of rentals that are actually occupied. Real estate in large cities is scammy.

>Buy investment property with a value of X.
>Can't rent it, because it's shit, and tons of vacant garbage nearby
>Don't lower rent, because dropping rent would decrease the property's "value".
>Use tax loopholes to offset most, if not all losses from the lack of rent

Most of the fucked up city real estate market would be fixed, if we'd start coupling property tax rates to occupancy. Be a faggot investor with an unoccupied apartment for more than four months? 25% annual property tax rate.

What's Any Forums's favorite racial dot map. The classic one shut down and the remaining ones kinda suck.

why do slant bugmen all congregate so close to city centres?

Heyjackass.com

Attached: chicago3.png (387x568, 127.96K)

They will most likely be replaced with Mexicans. which are actually an improvement. Take it from a Californian, not the best deal, but the best deal you're gonna get. Chicago has great food, great people, great art and architecture, and a sense of it's own history. Bad leadership for many decades, but that city has good bones. It can be great again.

Thats literally chinatown
Its cool tho

Attached: chi1200.jpg (1242x1625, 1.34M)