Is it just me or is alcoholism becoming trendy...

Is it just me or is alcoholism becoming trendy? At least in the US it seems like I can't go to any kind of social setting without people drinking hard seltzers and every other weekend there's some kind of beer fest or bourbon experience. People getting sloppy drunk in the middle of the day and calling it brunch. It's just disgusting to me how unashamed people are of what used to be considered vice.

Attached: govorkov-nyet-1954.jpg (320x466, 42.41K)

It's because we're in the middle of a collapse and people are seeking release in any way they can. That, and lockdown kinda killed the aversion to day drinking in a pretty large facet of the population.

one post on Any Forums i've agreed with, drinking alcohol is something to be ashamed of

>moral fagging on 4chin

Attached: 1657052301501.gif (354x631, 597.33K)

I wouldn't say drinking on it's own is something to be ashamed of, but to the excess that most people go to now it certainly is.

This is not a new phenomenon

>moral fagging on 4chin

Attached: a5c.jpg (708x800, 101.68K)

I used to drink and all this was common a decade ago and earlier. I went to beer and bourbon festivals and drank every weekend and most nights. If I went anywhere like a party or restaurant I had a drink or five.
Did you just turn 21?

I agree. Seems like everyone either went down a path of self improvement or self destruction. I also get that it's hard times.

Alcohol was always trendy until about the 90s or so. Then it came roaring back for a couple decades, then we had hipsters building water bars which didnt work, so now were back to alcohol. It's not new

>becoming
Have you not spoken to normalfags until recently in your life?

People have been drinking ever since civilization started
What makes you any special?

>t. underage retard
You dumb nigger alcoholism hasn’t gotten any worse. It’s been running rampant through people for centuries and there’s most likely several times less amount of people on it now than before

If it makes you feel better, I want you to die from bad decisions. Last thing I'll do is stop you.

Teetotalism is a modern perversion. Everybody was drinking before modernity. European science advanced because the monks wanted to create better booze

op never gets invited to parties

The zoom zooms finally turned 21 and noticed adults live a life of pain and turn to alcohol whenever possible

Depends. I think that drinking really spiked during the lockdowns, but the situation now is quite bifurcated. You have retard Millennial losers like Biden admin staffers talking about "a case of the Sundays" on Twitter (essentially admitting they are full blown alcoholics who are in total despair) and people who are giving the booze up because it hinders them getting other important stuff done. I haven't had alcohol for months now. I don't really feel any desire to - the mental clarity I get outweighs the brief euphoria it gave me.

Lol alcoholics are the most based people. Look at slavs how much they hate nigs.

Attached: 1657338608818.jpg (772x877, 81.12K)

Yes and no. It's true that people drank booze most of the time because water was unclean. But the booze we're talking about was essentially regular drinks that were spiked with alcohol. Even beer had a lot more nutritional content with all of the grains used to make it. So no, centuries ago people weren't hipsters drinking high proof vodka distilled with artisanal water, but they were day drinking by our modern standards.

kek

It's been like this since the middle ages or earlier. people work to get enough cash to get drunk or drugged.

alcohol is what America was founded on. by todays standards every single founding father was a raging alcoholic

Pain? Most people just drink out of boredom. It's really not that serious. Everyone isn't depressed and in "pain". Just bored and booze makes socializing more fun.

COPE look up how much whiskey the average person drank in the 1700's daily

I have books on the subject. It's hard to understand and even accept, how much people drank in the old times. Especially in the monasteries. They literally drank several liters of wine each day.

alcohol is poison