How did Australia, the land settled by convicts, become a totalitarian nanny state?

bbc.com/news/world-australia-59486285.amp
>escapee
>voluntary concentration camp
How did it come to this, Australia? I thought you guys were cool.

Attached: 989C6D45-8ADB-4E3D-B8CE-9BC628D27AAE.jpg (750x1168, 251.73K)

It was full of prisoner accustomed to prison life, so they just created an open air one to feel at home.

>nanny state
Please stop using the term "nanny state". It implies that the government is just misguided and overprotective but really does have our best interests at heart deep down. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Australians come from a lineage of cowards that want to be locked up, which is why they never left their terrible continent to begin with and welcome their Chinese overlords with open arms.

The good old Aussie "She'll be right" attitude mixed with a bit of "Someone else's problem" and too much Irish stock. Not to mention the ruling class here aren't typically descendants of the convicts. Funny fact freemen were less free than convicts back in the day because convicts had papers and could prove who they were, a freeman didn't.

>The good old Aussie "She'll be right" attitude mixed with a bit of "Someone else's problem" and too much Irish stock. Not to mention the ruling class here aren't typically descendants of the convicts. Funny fact freemen were less free than convicts back in the day because convicts had papers and could prove who they were, a freeman didn't.

Why do the Irish get so much hate?

Isn't that gorilla warfare time?
What is you line Aussies you have to pick or you will keep moving out back.

For us it's 1a and 2a

Women in politics

Immigration. The newbies are mostly chinks and poos, and come from authoritarian shitholes. So large numbers of 'Australians' think nothing of the covid madness. Also, women are cruelly targetted by the propaganda. Should note, the protests had loads of women, they aren't all chumps, but significant numbers are. Also poofs.

>How did Australia, the land settled by convicts, become a totalitarian nanny state?
you answered your question in the topic

It's never not funny to me that Yanks don't know that they were also used as a penal colony for the better part of a century, and the Brits only started sending them to Australia a decade after the revolution.
You're almost the exact same stock, idiots. We're just less mexican and black.

Nice cope, idiot.
Prisoners were only a partial chunk of the US populace.
90% of aus is descended from low IQ antisocial retards, which explains why you guys went full retard over the chinese flu.

Chinks have this effect once they reach a certain level it seems. Canadian's seemed to turn into insectoids when the Chinese came pouring in.

Malevolent demonic abusive parent state

They’re just low caste whites who are not good nation builders compared to the anglos or germans. Very creative and often times quite smart, but not good rulers

>all the simps who gave up got sent to australia
>it's in their genes
its why they lost to emus

I don't think it never stopped being a prison colony

I'm not coping, our government is full of corrupt retards who actively hate Australians - I own that fully.
It just has nothing to do with our genetic heritage, Australia is only partially composed of convict-descent (20%, not 90), many of us come from free settlers or much later immigration waves like the ten pound poms or beautiful balts.
You're also in a glass house you filthy fuckin leaf.

Probably because it was also colonized by the prison guards.

>even meaner than a drunk farmer and twice as sadistic as a bdsm bitch