Blue Collar Work

What's the best trade to work in and why?

Attached: Plumber-vs.-Welder.jpg (768x392, 76.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cisco.com/c/dam/en_us/training-events/certifications/career-path.pdf
comptia.org/training
cisco.com/c/m/en_sg/partners/cisco-networking-academy/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The slave trade.

Heavy duty truck mechanic. Great pay. Lower risk. Always work.

whatever you like doing the most that people will pay you for: Bob Ross made more painting on his breaks than being enlisted in the Air Force
if you like working on something that requires college, go for it; you'd be one of the few college students actually motivated toward something instead of racking up debt to "find yourself"

NEET.

Based

Plumbers get lots of sexs from slightly above average housewives. True stories. Happens almost every week. Especially HVAC boys.

Gotta lower that “labor cost” when the wifey gets the bills.

Attached: FA67AF5E-3398-4F1A-88A7-4950F2470A8A.jpg (1440x1800, 289.41K)

Cisco. Start with CCNA PT1 & Pt2, Linux command line course, A+

If you want a good paying job start specializing in network security Cisco courses. If you want pussy, getting into some offices full of nothing but women, sexually frustrated women, then do the Cisco video conferencing or IP phone routee. Video conferencing will have you on the road a lot which gets you away from office politics and the boss plus you get a company vehicle and allowances for hotel and restaurant.

INstalling Cisco IP phones would be nice for those sexy legs under the desks.

Attached: ezgif-3-b99576c3b8.jpg (600x400, 27.35K)

Get a job in HVAC, Get some experience. Move somewhere really hot. Start your own company. become a millionaire in less that 10 years.

Electrician is easy work if you have basic problem solving skills

i have two journeyman certificates, one for welding, another for electrical
>welding
can get EXTREMELY dirty depending on the job, prepare for burns, some heavy lifting, and long term exposure hazards like metal particulates in the air, smoke from the actual welding, exposure to U.V light, infrared light, etc. Welding is hand skill that can obtained fairly easily and improved upon with practice like any dexterity skill. the difficult part is the fitting, and fabrication end. expect to work outdoors in whatever climate is local to you, this means possibility of extreme cold/heat, and welding WILL take a toll on your clothing, so be prepared for that, and invest in a good leather jacket.
The people who work in welding aren't typically bad people but a bit rough around the edges.
School was very easy for me, and only 3 years here for welding, basic geometric math, finding volume of a cylinder for example.
>Electrical
Most of the electrical i've worked on is indoors, but thats not to say i haven't done outside work, but not nearly as much as welding, a lot of the early work is bending metal conduit, pulling wires through said conduit, and terminating those wires in the devices applicable, from the distribution panel. when doing commercial electrical you should expect to be drilling concrete on a regular basis for mounting of different things, I recommend wearing a mask, as concrete contains silica dust. Some of the hazards for electrical are immediate, oppose of welding, if you touch a live 600v terminal by accident, you may not ever touch another.
MUCH cleaner than welding, but also quite a bit more brain work, school has a significant learning curve for people who aren't good at math, expect A LOT of formulas, ranging from ohms law, to motor parameters and transformer calculations, the type of person who is typically an electrician from my experience is more introverted, and tend to be more intelligent than welders. 1/2 cont.

Be a plumber who exclusively patches up broken showers and tubs. Biggest scam I've ever seen. No matter how fucked up the shower is, they get paid the same. So a dab of shower-fixer-glue bullshit is $200 in their pocket. They fix rows of these retarded things because they get fucked up during transportation. The guy who did this at the last place I worekd at would make a few grand per visit and would visit a dozen or so warehouses a week.

Are you a network admin? Does it entail dealing with a lot of people and long hours staring at the screen?

t.miserable HVAC tradie

>dubs
>1pbtid bot thread
machinist is the worst please why did I do this

2/2
I found electrical to be much more consistent work wise, due to the different amount of different industries you can work in, (commercial, industrial, residential), and found it to be more "recession proof" than welding, especially where i live which is an oil industry area, when oil dips, electrical has kept me busy more than welding, people always need to have houses wires, building maintained and new projects to be energized, with all this being said, the way the energy sector is going (renewables) getting into solar, or EV charger installations, may be the right path.

Best of luck.
>t. Alberta tradesman.

No not much people.
It's comfy inside work. Air conditioned server farms. And if you keep taking higher level courses you can work your way up into a really good paying management job.

Attached: network-engineer-switches-power-cables-server-room-rack-system-administrator-works-data-center-portrait-technician-178242992.jpg (1600x1155, 340.87K)

Man the company I was working for did, plumbing, gas fitting and some light hvac. I fucking hated hvac so much.

Aerospace is great, automation is growing in the industry

cisco.com/c/dam/en_us/training-events/certifications/career-path.pdf

There's something like 8 or 9 different Cisco career paths.

Your mom

How long does it take to get qualifications to work in HVAC or as an Electrician in America? Is 32 too old to enter the tradeschools? I am a borderline boomer looking for something more lucrative than graphic design

I live in a major city it’s it’s pretty clear that whatever Elevator shit is called seems to be the most in demand, lowest stress, highest paying trade. Literally no one understands what they do or how long it takes, what it’s supposed to cost and the government demands yearly elevator maintenance done by a certified pro. Plus of all the tradies that work in my building or I see walking around downtown they seem to smile the most and are generally cool af.

its your fault were in the mess jew. shoulda turned them away at the docks.

3 to 4 years schooling for electrical. No, plenty of older guys in the schools

>Is 32 too old to enter the tradeschools?

I'd rather get into fiber optics and learn how to weld/splice fiber optic cables. Not too late at all. Huge demand right now. 2 year course.

i have low drive for promotions. i just want to find a new career i can fuck around sometimes during the day without some cocksucker breathing down my neck.
it fucking blows. all trades do. its a meme i shouldn't have fallen for.

Attached: 1648006042193.jpg (960x354, 51.77K)

I just applied for an electrician school here in town. Looking forward to it honestly.

right now none of them
ur gonna start as an apprentice or pre-apprentice and good luck driving to and from work with the shitty starting pay

Dick sucking

i started tradie school at 32

I'm a finish carpenter and it's pretty comfy. $300/day to install doors, trim, cabinets and bathroom fixtures.

I just talked to an elevator guy of 30 years.
He loves it.
Travelled all the time.
Ready to retire at 58.
140k/year
Very proud of his work/sorta conceited.

Heavy equipment operator or low voltage electrical, I'd say. Any standard trade is fine until around 40 then, if your trade is plumbing, mechanical, carpentry and others, you better be a PM or supervisor by then or life is going to be difficult.

elevator work is great. just need to know someone to get in. just like getting into an operators union.

Promotions comes from taking an additional course every year. 6 years of just taking a course a year after the initial entry level courses and the experience you'll have under your belt will have you well in the 6figs if you're competent. Then you don't have anybody bugging you at all. $180k a year even $225k a year in Canada if you work your way to management. It's cushy.

Security or Networking or IP phones or video conferencing. etc.

Take the courses online if you're a hermit.

comptia.org/training

cisco.com/c/m/en_sg/partners/cisco-networking-academy/index.html

Get a job with a health authority; the medical records are a huge tangled mess and will take years of work to resolve.

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x400, 47.67K)

I started hvac at 31, and I make 35hr doing commercial work. No prior experience.

thanks user. im going to seriously look into it. management seems like a headache, i dont like dealing with people or giving presentations shit like that. id be ok with a lower admin position. btw i have a bachelors in CS. just never utilized it long story.

I work in a power plant, but all the big money is in Oil. It’s rough work though, I get $75k/yr to sit in front of a computer, click some buttons, and occasionally open a valve here and there. I work nightshift and mostly shitpost on Any Forums and watch YouTube videos. It’s comfy.

chicago union hvac here, i make 53 an hour and the money isn't worth it. how do you like commercial? all new installs and hang duct all day? rough on the body i imagine.

see this is the kind of shit im talking about. i need a job like this.

In Vancouver that's $65 an hour. When I was fresh out of HS in 71 you had to be a relative and I wasn't. Suddenly about 6 years ago all the old guys started retiring en masse and the government interceded with the union and made sure all the new members were sikhs. it's wall to wall spice monkeys now and they are assholes. I hate the way Canada is set up so bad...

How many of these courses do I need to take to be hireable

t. Currently Learning JavaScript

electric lineman. great benefits, pay, and in demand. most retire by 50 or earlier.

You're not going to get wealthy working in any of the blue collar trades but they all present excellent opportunities to start your own business after you're licensed, if a license is even necessary. If you want to be successful running your own business, you'll need to develop a lot of different financial, accounting, business, legal, IT, and managerial skills and the best training for this is to just jump in and do it. You'll be overwhelmed and make plenty of mistakes, but everyone does. No need to go out and get an MBA or anything.

everywhere I've been is more interested in soft phones like assigning a DID to your Teams account
rarely
it's mostly escalations to TAC

Trust me it's not a headache. It's cushy as fuck

If you take CCNA 1 and 2, Linux command line from Comptia and A+ comptia (take that first) you'll get an entry level job at $60k a year

I know guys that are lucky and get jobs in big server farms and they play computer games on their laptops on company time kek