World’s first large-scale ‘sand battery’ goes online in Finland

>World’s first large-scale ‘sand battery’ goes online in Finland.

>Meanwhile Americans still don't know what a "woman" is.

energy-storage.news/worlds-first-large-scale-sand-battery-goes-online-in-finland/

Attached: PNE_Vatajankoski_Heat_Storage_Ready.jpg (750x500, 61.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Azaf9tKJNoA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is there a way to use women to store energy?

Feed them a lot of food and then make them do work?

women are as real as flat earth

Niggers are more effective for that, well depends on the kind of work i guess.

Human ran electric generation.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 106.91K)

This looks like a bad grift. Nothing on here explains how you heat sand to 500 degrees C using only solar energy.
Sounds like some dipshits do not understand thermodynamics and got ripped off.

By resistence! You put metal rods in the sand, put electricity through the metal and it gets really hot.

Sounds like we need to bring slavery back then, oh wait, you already have slavery, just make a machine that the prisoners can use to generate electricity in amounts that isnt totally irrelevant.

We already have a US company that does this with non-sand-based technology. Look up Antora Energy based out of California. Finland is far behind us.

Big energy storage only makes sense for businesses, domestic use will always beat everything else if they use local storage and energy capture (from proper solar, wind, hydro, tidal, geothermal, waste, …), but this triggers the sandniggers.

And which coal fired power plant is producing the electricity to heat this grift device?

* local energy storage (small batteries) and local energy capture/production

>Nothing on here explains how you heat sand to 500 degrees C using only solar energy.
Same way you melt metals with the power of a US outlet.
Just need very good insulation.

Something that does need explaining is how the thermal energy is recovered. If it's just used for heating then it would be simple.

The article says
"The sand is heated with renewable electricity and stored for use in the local district heating system." but it does not say what the renewable electricity is. Hopefully it is an actually renewable one like hydro-electric or thermal.

Gottem

The solar panel one.

Does it fucking matter?

I forgot, what was the purpose of this? Was this just a fun way to "torture" Conan or was he at least grinding grain or something?

The friction between your mother's thighs.

you just put pipes in the sand

Attached: pipes under the sand.webm (640x352, 1006.01K)

>piss them off slowly
>very carefully
>and then, one day, they unleash couple megatons nuke on you
>and you're just huh? what did I do?

Yeah he was grinding grain.

lmao my fucking sides you fucker

No

Attached: 1655409818262.webm (240x426, 2.3M)

I don't see a silo, I'm going with torture. Though Thulsa Doom said in the era where he captured Conan, he prized steel more than flesh, so it seems strange that he would have sent him to forced bodybuilding camp at that time.

>needs electricity to work
>all systems have parasitic loss
>ratio of return is always uses more power than it makes
So it's useless

That's just the gym, he wanted him swole as fuck.

Op is a gypsy. We have been making flow batteries for over a decade using zinc. Meanwhile, the Finns heat up sand and store the heat. Genius.

Attached: FDC77516-5079-4158-AD0B-14AAA4A3F71F.jpg (1170x645, 332.08K)

Yeah it does actually, you fucking retard. Renewable energy does exist. There's a huge difference between fake renewable energy like wind turbines and actually renewable energy like hydro-electric and geothermal.

Attached: 1516095935692.png (540x485, 77.97K)

>Damn you god for creating entropy!

I think that phase change heat storage is better, like paraffin wax. Less complicated to maintain efficiencies.

Fins are smarter that Americans.
I'm shocked.

Nope. Paraffin wax changes volume a lot when heated. It complicates things a lot. Lot!

youtube.com/watch?v=Azaf9tKJNoA

BBC News piece on the battery.

How come the first assumption is that its a scam or a conspiracy of some kind?
Its not difficult to understand, it works well for its purpose and its cheap and easy to make, its a nice invention for countries that need heating during the winter.

Why is the presenter so fat and ugly? Wtf UK?

How has this tech never been tried before? This seems so weird?