THE FUTURE IS A BOOT IN YOUR FACE

FOREVER

Attached: 1632284153522.png (1060x1233, 624.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/s1wqOHo9Lb0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do you need w11? It has same dx as 10 so there’s no reason to update at the moment

member when windows wasnt a government approved spy system and it made you feel you actually owned your own computer? I member.

Every new version of windows is more and more disgusting. Fuck microsoft jews. Fuck jewgle. Fuck everyone that trying to strip me of my privacy. They will get the rope.

>but I need to play muh video gaymes
Manchildren don't deserve to live

Because it's great to destroy your taskbar so Microsoft can cope with their inferiority complex to Apple?

Attached: Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 08-04-35 Documents show Bill Gates has given $319 million to media outlets to promote his global a[...].png (549x884, 102.02K)

not only your privacy but your intellectual property... windows should be free and it's a crime...

Microsoft is a paradoy at this point. why won't someone else step up and out them out of their misery? just give me something I can play games on

I use W7 and ubuntu, not my problem.

Attached: 1647375281319.png (777x777, 146.41K)

i reactivated my windows from a 10 year old G2A account's order history seethe

>why won't someone else step up and out them out of their misery
got you covered senpai

Attached: 1653272299151.png (821x589, 573.35K)

Windows 7 master race reporting in. I'll never "upgrade"

>to set up future version of Windows 11 Pro
Meanwhile, only businesses use that trash now.

Attached: minty.jpg (1200x678, 185.17K)

I just run win10 behind a hardware firewall that blocks all the "phone home" shit. If it weren't for the few games I own that just refuse to run on loonix for me I'd have made the switch long ago.

I switched to linux after switching from XP to win7. These new operation system are getting worse with every version and the supposed ‘simplifications’ are just making it harder to find the options you are looking for. The extra effort to get into linux was definitely worth it

That's a fucking lie

youtu.be/s1wqOHo9Lb0

just put in a hardware firewall
I've not payed for windows in nigh unto 25 years son. If you pay for software you're a fool.

you mean ms-dos? that was the last windows which made me feel like that

>still using Windows in year 2001+21
or at least not sticking with Win7. Can't you still play vidya via Wine or some shit on linux kernels? Literally no other reason to use it unless you're a boomer or a mental retard. There are other options...just ask >based pasta chef
based hot dog shoveler

for me, it's fedora workstation

>tips

They strip more and more options with every new version, they hide settings that were easily accessible and functional. They doing everything in thier power to make it harder to use with every new update.

Its not just that the product is clearly making your home pc a spy device, they are making the quality worse in purpose. There was a time when the quality constantly improved and got kinda better and more user friendly with every update. The op system actually let you change things, adjust settings, it had a logical layout.

Now everything is going the opposite direction.
Around win 98-xp-win7 things got jewed. They had some disgusting products like vista and win 2000 and whatnot but they actually tried back then.

Now they realized how much power they have on thier hands and cant stop themselves to make your fucking pc a spydevice.

I wish hot lead rains on all of them and thier families. Zoomers have no idea how it was and by design they no longer pc literate. Some of them might be kinda ok with smart phones but thats it.

it would literally be a masterful defense strategy get make an os that played games since so many people would switch. why aren't the chinks doing this for real? pc = games faggot. if you just want to browse apple and Linux do that already

all it needs to do is be able to run genshin impact

It's a good thing I abandoned windows for ubuntu/linux more than two years ago.

>making a new email to use your PC is so awful
honestly, it's a shit move by microshaft, but if you're a gaymer, you shouldn't care, making and throwing away emails should be routine for you autists

Steam's Proton does a pretty good job. At this point there's only a couple games I just can't get to run and unfortunately they're deal-breakers for me.
MTG: Arena
RE: VILLage
I know there's guides out there and shit but they just don't work on my PC. I've spent months banging my head against them. It's simplest just to dual-boot.

A computer using Windows is like a bike with stabilisers.
>But I game!!!
Fuck off Microcuck

I'll just switch to Linux, thanks.

aww man, i guess I have to do my linux homework eventually. lesser of two evils.

Whenever I have to "activate" a new copy of win10 and it asks for an email I put in "[email protected]" and it throws me an error that there have been too many login attempts under my account and just gives me a pass

I already have a microsoft account though.

RETVRN

Attached: 6cf2174edd7d4e28f214373afa925008.jpg (620x456, 35.28K)

linux is as complicated as you want it to be. The biggest difference to the average consumer is that you can't use natively run .exe files but honestly a software center is easier to use and you don't have to update your shits one thing at a time.

Please just buy a Purism Linux laptop instead of using Microsoft crap.

You VILL register a Microsoft account telemetrising everything in your life to Washington D.C.

And you vill be happy.

Attached: 94071609-028E-439F-AF06-9C609B951253.jpg (860x645, 95.81K)

100% my experience. And I work in IT ffs!

I use Arch btw and you should too

>Doesn't use linux/unix

I hear Zorin is pretty easy to switch over to. Never tried it though. I've played with mint and Ubuntu and stuff in the past and honestly it doesn't seem that hard to figure out.

Attached: Linux.jpg (604x453, 28.63K)

For now. What if the Jeets at Microsoft decide to make a hard non-backwards compatible update for DX? Considering how many studios they own now they could probably pull it off.

Been using linux for over 10 years now, I like manjaro a lot

artix + larbs is nice. don't have patience to rice my own.

Windows 10/7 rules the waves

Couple years back my kid needed a Covid test because someone accused him of coughing in school. Got covid spit test in, they responded with email. The email was addressed to his “Xbox username”… weirdest shit ever.

Dear XxlickmyballsxX,

Attached are the results…

>Browse Any Forums
>still using windows
Kek

>>Doesn't use linux/unix
Too much of a PIA for devices.
I'm a Linux HPC admin, used to run Linux throughout the home.
My laser cutter, my stencil cutter, my SDR, etc... I don't feel like using shit freeware software or fucking around for days in dependency hell trying to get all that to work.
Windows, as insecure as it is, just makes using devices far, far easier than anything linux can do.
That is why it will never be a common desktop.

I mean, it was a day one spy device but now they have manage to actually manage their spying...

I use W10 for free but the watermark pops up. There's way to make it go away but it's pretty obvious they are updating it and making it more persistent.

Never used it but for your purposes your comfort with the DE and UI is honestly the most important thing. Anything more complicated than that you can pick up over time/as you need to.

Switch to OpenBSD.

I still have windows 7

My windows OS has been registered/tied to an email address for a few years now. Didnt have to enter a huge long key like in the old days. Not sure how this is a new development...

just use a third-party windows activator lol
it'll even activate MS office and shit for you.
>DCS
I forgot about that one. Three games I can't get to run on loonix.

they want to have an appstore linked
to your wallet on desktop

microsoft sees it as offensive that mobile
turnovers are leagues higher

Okay Linux people, I have a question. I have some extra PC parts laying around that I want to use for a Plex server, for seeding torrents and possibly running server clients for some games when I play them with friends. I've never installed or used Linux before though. Which distro would be best for what I want to do, and where should I get started for learning how to use it?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 451.23K)

Anyone who has ever used linux professionally knows this to be true. Linux has its place, and it's not the desktop.

Windows 7 was best for music until about a year or two ago when almost everything stopped working with it. Now it's Catalina Mac although you still miss some really old programs which can't run on Catalina, although there are only a few good ones with no alternative. Anything past Win7 or Catalina is severely fucked for music making if you use a wide variety of programs. M1/2 is getting better but it'll still never support older programs which never got updated to have support. Some people are patching programs themselves and adding legacy shit but they'll never get all the programs + it's forcing people to pirate if they want something.

I'll check that out, thanks user.

I already move over to Linux 100%

Gaming on manjaro is easy with steam

Just pol being pol

I installed a pirated version of W7 like 10 years ago, i've updated that same install since then to W11 and never had to use a online account.
>trannies that spend literally days making their shit troonix distro work concern trolling about windows users having to disconnect the internet for 10 seconds to get around the login
NGMI, and YWNBAW.

lmao i knew this would happen at some point

i was asking the drones on Any Forums whether or not you need to give personal details to run windows these days and none of them would give a serious answer

u vil giv ur name and address to vatch ze blacked.com

Weird, I've never had dependency issues with aptitude or rpm. What distros were you using?