Chinese backwardness

I have even read that the industrial revolution could have happened in China much earlier than in Europe based on the Chinese social environment and resources, but it did not.

Is there any explanation for this?

Attached: IMG_20220704_150142_966.jpg (416x145, 19.16K)

Foreign occupation : mongol, manchu.

>literature
Magic recipes for penis health aren't literature

Because they didn't invent them

How widespread was foot binding in China? I remember reading about it growing up, but it seems incredibly impractical for a peasant woman to be immobilized to the point she can't work the rice paddies

They have no creativity. They graduate more engineers every 2 years than the USA has in its entirety yet needs to steal patents and technology because they can't create anything themselves.
Whether this is because the government doesn't want free thinkers or they're just genetically bugpeople and always will be, who knows.

Off the top of my head I believe that a key element was not developing glass-working to any great degree. Which when you thing about it will fuck up advancement.

I read an interesting idea talking about how China stagnated scientifically because of how late they were to developing glass due to being so in favor of ceramic

Their society didn't allow the same kind of economic mobility the west did to those with the intelligence to make innovations with technology. The overbearing beurocracy pigeonholed people hard, with no room to rise above your station, while in Europe anyone with a good idea could get ahead and improve their position in life.

couldve happened in rome, and possibly Greece but due to cultural reasons it didnt.

simply because China does not discover science.

?
Western social mobility is very recent, only being made possible with the advent of the industrial revolution. Before that, everyone lived in top down structures and peasants worked the land. The Renaissance and Enlightenment occured because of the philosophy of the time, ergo Thomas Aquinas rediscovering Aristotle's work and discrediting Plato's central role in Christianity

Another one was that they had no competition. Everyone around them was inferior for most of their history so exploration seemed like a waste of time.
When the Europeans arrived the mindset was still there, the century of humiliation was necessary to change the mindset.

One major reason for European advancements were a strive to trade with India and for Silk, which the Muslims blocked us from doing, so the Portuguese and Spanish built boats and sailed around the world; the Chinese had no such needs.

Have you seen what happens when they build things, drive cars, house randomly exploding...
Cool inventions but if you have a civilization full of mindless sheep you cannot expect positive results.

Yes, they are drones

rise of mercantilsim

Why do things the hard way? The US stole patents from England, too, in the early days. I can assure you that there are a lot of Chinese authors on scientific papers.

Rome had everything it needed to invent hot-air balloons, but it didn’t.

>I have even read that the industrial revolution could have happened in China much earlier than in Europe based on the Chinese social environment and resources, but it did not.
wild, i read that op loves sucking cock because he has no father in his life

who did?

It was always an upper class thing.
>I'm so well off, I can intentionally maim myself and not starve and die.

It was specifically the mark of a kept woman. A peasant woman working the fields wouldn't have bound feet. It was to show that she didn't have to work. If a peasant family did bind a daughter's feet, this meant they intended to sell her off to a rich dude as a concubine.

Something something about different cultures, same reason why SEA never colonized Australia despite knowing about it for more than a thousand years before Euros arrived

Nobody is saying that a peasant would turn into a king. Just that a peasant could gain favor by inventing a new plow that increased food production. From what I understand, you couldn't get anything done in ancient China if you didn't know all of the intricate rules of the bureaucracy and would be punished if you got it wrong. That saying -- "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down" -- is Asian in origin. Meanwhile "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is European in origin. Similar concepts, but drastically different outcomes.