Is it really true that more lanes = more cars? in your opinion...

Is it really true that more lanes = more cars? in your opinion, why people refuse to stop using vehicles that waste so much space? I just started riding bikes after almost 20 years, and they seem to be a pretty decent form of transportation for distances around 15km (or even 30km if you work on your fitness), I understand cars are comfortable and somewhat of an status symbol but space is limited.

Attached: via.png (1440x658, 1.09M)

JUST ONE MORE LANE BRO

Attached: china-hwy.jpg (1910x1000, 635.5K)

Compare this to a rail ROW. This carries just as many people with 1/10th the space required. And costs significantly less to maintain.

But americans are scared of trains

Attached: NR-01.jpg (1705x1080, 188.17K)

Coming to your town...
Hint: stay out of the way bike fag.

Attached: bike karma.webm (328x480, 1.85M)

Attached: bike owie.webm (720x1274, 1022.55K)

but why? traffic stress?

Attached: Surveillance Video Captures Moment Brightline Train Hits Car In Hallandale Beach (1).webm (1280x720, 664.45K)

>but why?
Do a search on 'agenda 2030' and 'road diet'.
In my town they are taking lanes away from cars on the busiest roads to promote bike riding.
Only problem is NO ONE uses the lanes but for a couple greeny faggots and the traffic problems caused are over the top.
They tinted the windows of all the busses so you can't see how they are EMPTY, even during rush hour.
Agenda 2030 dictates making driving more frustrating & inconvenient, purposely.
So my time is wasted, and more fuel is used to travel all so leftists can direct our common future...fuck that.

Attached: bike dumb.webm (1280x720, 2.58M)

>Only problem is NO ONE uses
what do you think this is? inconvenience? laziness? not wanting to be seen as poor?

>what do you think this is?
The suburbs are spread out, public transport is inefficient here.
A 15 minute drive across town takes 2 hours using public transit...so only the homeless and horribly poor use it.
That is the REALITY.
Roads are a finite resource and should be used as efficiently as possible, they should not be used for 'social engineering'.

Attached: bike disorder.png (925x925, 129.74K)

The problem people don’t talk about is America is fucking huge.
> muh busses
> muh trains
A lot of people live in small suburbs or adjacent towns to the cities where they work. Yes suburbs sucks, but the cost to connect them all with bus lines or trains is absurd. Also, despite what you see on Facebook, we all hate niggers and every other color brown.
Nobody wants to sit on any form pf shared transit with an ape whooping and hollering while the fucking thing stops and goes for a two hour commute.

LA has gone through the adding more lanes shit forever and traffic has been bad since the 80s. Texas is now falling into the same trap. the southwest is just doomed because they love sitting in traffic. We have good rail and highways here options are nice to have.

Attached: chicago-cta-metra-subway-map.jpg (2886x4136, 3.17M)

suburban rail lines in IL extend all the way to Wisconsin and Indiana. I used to take a train from my suburb to work for about 4 years.

Attached: e864db221f1776a047018e373f921d45 (1).jpg (1625x1929, 526.01K)

>Is it really true that more lanes = more cars?
Urban sprawl is a nonsensical criticism of suburban development. There are other more sensible criticisms, but this one is bad. There is nothing qualitatively different between rail and road transport. Rail might be slightly faster if it is well run, since the environment is controlled, but fundamentally once you build rail over an old highway you end up with the exact same problem - people still want to live further from the city center. All you’ve done is (maybe) increased the throughput of the transport corridor.

There’s a similar problem with recycling and computer science. Processes used to save energy didn’t lead to a decline in energy consumption, but instead allowed energy to be used for other purposes. In computer science, faster computer hardware just meant you could pay less attention to the efficiency of software (either because you can use the processing power to add features to the software or more commonly due to neglect).

Deserved

I live in the woods. Buses aren't coming out here, and I'm not gonna ride my bike for 2 hours and sweat through all my clothes before i go to work and sweat some more. Not to mention, i live in the north where there's snow on the ground for 6 months out of the year. AWD cars are essential to not crashing on the roads, so not only would i have to worry about slipping off my bike in the freezing cold, I'd have to worry about other drivers losing control and hitting me. Also, the fact that i live in the woods means i see animals like deer and bears constantly. I've hit 6 deer with my car in the last few years, and come close to hitting a few bears. I'd much rather hit a big animal with a car than a bike.
>TL;DR, fuck city fags and their faggot ideas.

Agreed, the problem isn't the form, the problem is commuting itself. It continues to baffle me why so called "environmentalists" are not advocating for remote work instead of rail. Cities are obsolete.

and then some faggot uses the train to kill himself and youre 4 hours late to work
t.used to commute on the UP-N

Russia is waaay less dense than America and has a decent train network

Why does everyone forget AmTrak, the regional commuter trains, and all the metro subways exist?

We already have a "decent" rail network in the areas it makes sense. (and a lot where it doesn't considering how many are operating at a loss)

America fucked itself by creating suburbia and the retarded downtown divide. Every other country that emulated them is now trying hard to limit and revert the mistake. But burgerland is fucked.

Highways also operate at a loss

Long-distance trains don't work in USA because of aviation. We used to have many more trains, but aviation superceded it. I mean, wouldn't you rather fly somewhere in a couple hours than spend half a day on a train?
In the USA, trains are competitive for dense regions like Chicago, New England, Orlando-Miami, LA, and such.
The TSA ruins the ultimate transportation dream.

Russia has both airplanes and long-distance trains, you dumb fuck.
Trains are an alternative to cross-country road trips by car. (inb4: no, I'm not doing cross-country car trips anymore, thanks, I'd rather take the train.)

Different modalities each have their tradeoffs. Trains in the USA are best for high-throughput routes with

So do we, so what's your point? You know you could take a train from NY to LA?

dont worry, your fat ass will use those lanes. a matter of time.

And with cars: sure, but the point of a roadtrip is to see stuff on the way.