Why did Thomas the apostle doubt the resurrection of Jesus Christ when he was told of it by the other apostles until he...

Why did Thomas the apostle doubt the resurrection of Jesus Christ when he was told of it by the other apostles until he touched the wounds left over from the crucifixion? Neither Jesus nor his fellow apostles had a reason to lie to him.

Attached: 1656950037466.jpg (681x898, 124.95K)

>Why did Thomas the apostle doubt the resurrection of Jesus Christ when he was told of it by the other apostles until he touched the wounds left over from the crucifixion?
the only source for any of that happening is one rabbi who never met jesus, thomas or any of the apostles

>John never met Jesus

Muslims really should not speak on matters they do not understand

So that the rest of humanity can learn that the fallen nature of flesh is corrupting your perceptions and encourage people to learn from Thomas' experience and have greater faith.

Actually in the same gospel account the disciples ask Jesus why a man was born blind and his answer is applicable here as well.

John 9:1-5 KJV
>And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

>>John never met Jesus
I am talking about saul braindead mutt

Thomas account is in the gospel of John not Paul's letters, perhaps try not being illiterate?

>the works of god be made manifest in him
what does that even mean? a blind or crippled person will do things only they can do?

So that the world could see Christ heal him; if you read on Jesus heals his blindness much like he helped Thomas believe

I'm still on genesis but i'll get to that

Maybe he was really blackpilled.

It's a dumb indoctrination trick to not question anything and always believe what you're told.
>He didn't believe them! Can you imagine? You're not like him, are you? You would believe it all, right? Good goy.

The apostles had a misconception that the Messiah would be a world conquering king in earthly terms. They expected someone who would bring Israel back to superior glory over the gentiles.
They became disillusioned when Christ was crucified like a common criminal. Their eyes were not fully opened to see the spiritual significance and need for Christ's death.
Naturally, Thomas was weary of letting his heart hope again. A basic form of self defence against having his hopes dashed again.

All I have on Christianity, the teachings, morals, philosophy, law, history, origin etc.

History
Christianity being in opposition to jewry:
Pagan gods being the angels
Historical Evidence for Jesus
How Christianity transformed the wold
Correcting claims on common misrepresented parts of the history:
Sodom and Gomorrah
Definitions:
"Dinosaurs", Behemoths and Nephilim
Teachings, Doctrines and Guidelines
Law:
Philsophy:
Pauls work
OT and NT belonging together
The destruction of the Temple
Logical argument for the christian God
Different teachings within Genesis:
Satanism:
Sun as symbol for God
Purpose behind good and evil
Metaphysics:
Afterlife and Judgementday:
Why Jesus is needed:
Role of the chosen people
Ethnicities
Trivia

Attached: Göbbels Christianity.jpg (850x400, 77.82K)

The Indi Sermon Collection

On forgiveness and sinning.
Trust in God as an excuse to do nothing
Appealing to the masses, but abbominable to God
Confusing mercy and patience with weakness

Attached: a time.jpg (236x361, 26.16K)

In some cases it's true you shouldn't believe everything you hear, but at the same time, Faith is at the core of what Christianity is. Look at Abraham when he was told to sacrifice Isaac.
I'm not saying you must believe every false prophet who comes along. Be like the bereans, test all things with scripture as a basis, but be careful of relying strictly on logic since logic can be twisted to create very false doctrine

difficult question. theologically to teach us that God rather appreciates us trusting Him and having faith instead of demanding prove for everything
>29Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.
in this sense its much like the same as the blind man from birth, there to teach us something
>1Now as Jesus was passing by, He saw a man blind from birth, 2and His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
>3Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened so that the works of God would be displayed in him.

historically the resurrection as a whole was debated among the people. the sadducces in example didnt believe in a resurrection at all which was one of believes seperating them from other.
also it is important that He resurrected in the flesh, and dis not come with a new body or as a spirit, but actual and literal resurrection of the dead body. there was the chance Christ appewred to them in a new body, or even just as a spirit, hence it wasn just enough for him to see Christ resurrected, but actually touch his wounds.

>It's a dumb indoctrination trick to not question anything and always believe what you're told.
This is pretty ironic,coming from a lefty.

this unbelieve in the resurrection brings me to one of the passages i like from Paul, there he is accused by the pharisee and saducces regarding his tedtimony about Christ. eventually he says
>It is concerning the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial before you today
ow the pharisee did believe in a resurrection, sadducces did not, and so the sadduccces got really mad and the accusers started fighting amongst them

His name was always 'Doubting Thomas'. He was basically like a modern day Atheist. Except less retarded, because he actually looked for proof instead of sat on his fat ass.

Attached: 1629065323374.gif (270x314, 3.98M)

he was the primordial fedora

bump