Great Potato Famine

> Potato blight is in full swing, and soaring antifungal prices have forced many farmers to forego treating their crops.
> In some areas, the situation is critical.
> Potato blight doesn’t kill the plant, but, rather, produces a mold that deforms the potatoes.
> Farmers can try to harvest those infected potatoes, but those “surplus” tubers will often rot or even turn black on the pallet.

> Countries affected:
> Ireland
> Iceland
> Scotland
> Norway
> Netherlands
> Belgium
> Bangladesh
> India
> Indonesia

> agriland.ie/farming-news/met-eireann-issues-potato-blight-warning-2/

Search for Blight (local translation might be different), Oomycete and Alternaria in your local news

Attached: Tuber-blight.jpg (900x507, 101.68K)

Faith and Begorrah!

Attached: bell.jpg (800x1200, 86.76K)

My potatoes have late blight, also infected with mosaic. I tried spraying them with Cornell recipe (baking soda, canola oil, dishwashing soap) and it helps a bit. But other than that I prune them everyday.

The fungus has to be removed not only from the plant but also from the soil so it won't affect the next year's crop

Attached: blight_tubers.jpg (696x248, 19.63K)

fungus' are fucked up sometimes
they deserve to be villains in a movie somewhere

>Planes crashing into food factories
>Agricultural tools being taxed to death
>Farmers in the netherlands getting their lands stolen

They really want to us to eat ze bugz

Yeah I understand. I put wood ash in the furrows (they're lazy beds) so it will wash into the soil and kill the fungus - although I'm concerned with raising my pH too much. Also the garden's getting expanded so probably won't put nightshades in those beds for a year or two.

This is why I go exclusively with caned potatoes. You dirt bros are not gonna make it.

During the Irish potato famine their cultivar was “the lumper” which was useful because of it’s very aggressive growth. They reproduced it from spuds instead of seeds over and over meaning Ireland was filled with genetically identical potato plants that were all weak to one disease. Time to switch back to hardier varieties with lower yields for a while. The shortcut of everyone growing whatever high yield cultivar is being sold by (((big agriculture))) to maximize profits goes through a cycle of soaring and then crashing when nature catches up. Growers of all sizes need to be saving their own seeds and developing their own locally adapted variants that can be crossbred and scaled up for max productivity later.

Attached: 9AC2A660-46C0-47AF-9586-7EF1224FD1FC.jpg (1419x1062, 662.74K)

They still have to grow the potatoes in dirt before canning them, the fungus infects the plant during its growth cycle, it also spreads by wind when it reaches the leaves, additionally it can even spread to other crops

Attached: 1645247147575.jpg (1024x1024, 149.34K)

The super heat here in the plains States has been really fucking my potatoes. Been trying to water them a lot to keep up.
I did pull up a large number of huckleberry gold potatoes. A dark purple skin and yellow flesh potato. Real nice.
Cucumbers are looking great, too.

potato blight warnings are issued damn near every year. potato plants are living. they get diseased sometimes. the world's still spinning. stop scaring yourself, and you'll be happier.

WW3 involving all nations with the intent of the complete extermination of the jews when?

Attached: afa.png (427x500, 518.43K)

Remember when the billionaires buying up farmlands? This is they're ploy to spread this disease specifically in high growing crops like potato so when the local farmers were hit by the crop pandemic, they will step forward to sell they're grown crops to the market, basically capitalize the food market where lively hood of every humans depends on.

Awwwe shite!

Attached: 1655820791797m.jpg (771x1024, 196.83K)

It's too late m8, cut the stems to save the spuds

It's Putins fault.

Don't care. Still growing.

shieet

No they hydro grow in the can, that's why all the water is in the can. I can't believe I'm actually explaining this.vswxj

is this where the term black irish came from?

Seeing this picture made me realize why the Irish were considered niggers by our forefathers

Yeah because potatoes grow in cans, kindly kill yourself before you reproduce and further contaminate the human race with more drooling retards, you're an embarrassment to America.

your father's are niggers misery meat mutt!
Irish are purest of the pure

Attached: Haplogroup-R1b-L21.gif (800x553, 69.69K)

What the hell are those things? They look like some kind of jew, gypsy abomination.